Status: In the process of making

Falling nightmares

Chapter 15

In the middle of a foggy night a ghostly figure was approaching his way to what seemed like a stream. He was carrying a baby girl coarsely in one arm and in the other he held something looking like a piece of paper.

The baby wouldn’t stop crying however much he shushed her.

“Shhh” the man kept on repeating.

When the baby didn’t stop crying he started singing her a lullaby that the baby obviously enjoyed. She stopped screaming and smiled at the man pleased.

The baby closed her eyes and drifted of to sleep. But the man continued to sing softly even though she had fallen asleep. He walked steadily to the stream. Attached to a pole floated a small boat enough to fit only a person. The man kneeled on both knees and placed her as gently as he could inside the small boat; he then positioned the paper next to the baby. He took out something from his cloaks pocket and placed it inside the folded paper.

He turned around still on both knees and undid the knot attaching the boat to the pole. He grabbed the edge of the boat so it wouldn’t flow away with his baby. Turning back to the baby, tears started forming in his eyes falling down on his cheeks.

“I’m so sorry baby girl” he whispered “You have to know that I’m doing this for your mother and you. Because I love you so much, but don’t worry, soon I’ll be with you again”. He leaned in to kiss her cheek and started crying heavy tears.

Before he could rethink about what he was doing he let his grip of the boat go and stood up trembling, he staggered backwards and fell on the muddy grass.

The man lifted his head and heard his baby girl wake up and start crying. He got up instantly and started running the same direction the stream was taking his girl.

“Stop” he cried. “Please stop”

He tripped and slipped several times but got up and continued running. He wouldn’t stop for nothing. He tripped once again and got up like normal but his baby was nowhere to been seen.

“No, no.” He got up and jogged a few more meters. “Baby girl? Baby girl where are you? Ciara where are you?” He gave up and fell to the grass crying like he never had before.


“No!” I yelled after jerking up from my horrible nightmare. I was sitting up on a bed that felt like a stoned bench. I glanced around the dull room attempting to remember how I got here. There was only a dull light coming from a small window way to high for me to reach. I tried getting up from the bed only to find out I could barely stand up for longer than a second; I collapsed on the bed, my head dangling upside down from the side of the bed aching.

I heard a squeak coming from outside the room so I turned around with as much pain I could handle and saw the door slowly and firmly open. All I could see from my view was the man’s foot approaching towards me.

I struggled to look up but failed also, causing my neck to hurt unnecessarily more. I heard something thump and turned on my stomach then I got up into a sitting position. As soon as I got up I felt a sudden gush of nausea climbing its way through my throat. Once I was sure I wouldn’t vomit all over the concreted floor I raised my head. An old man in a body guard’s outfit was standing next to a trolley filled with food. He pushed it over with one hand towards me.

“Eat.” was all the man said before he left the cell leaving me all alone again.

I looked at the tray with the food; small carton of full cream milk and what was supposed to be porridge now gone off porridge. The stale porridge stench filled the room, but I didn’t complain. I quickly took a bite of the porridge with the plastic spork, it was disgusting and I was probably going to get food poisoning after this but at the moment I didn’t care, I was just so hungry. In a couple of minutes I finished the porridge and went on to opening the milk. It wasn’t that I was hungrier but I just had to get the taste of rotten porridge out of my mouth, I took a big gulp of the milk and spat it out before I had a chance to swallow it. The milk went up my nose and I started coughing huskily, the milk was burning my nose. The coughing stopped and so did the burning in my nose after a minute or so. I searched around the carton to see the expiree date, 3/7/08, that was two years ago. I felt like vomiting at the thought of me having two year gone off milk.

I breathed in and out through my nose and kept on repeating till the feeling of nausea stopped gurgling in my throat, threatening to come out if I opened my mouth for longer than I second. Was this their way they punished people, to give them staled food and kill them through food poisoning?

But why would anyone want to kill me or even do me any harm? Who were these people? What did they want from me? Nothing came to my mind, no answers, no hints or even ideas of what they want or where I am. And then just like a brick wall hitting me smack-balm on my face I remembered everything. Right from when I opened the door for Justin, when those bad guys came to take me away, then Adrienne came to rescue me, the hotel room, when I found out that Adrienne loves Justin, how those guys came to the hotel room as well, that room where I didn’t remember a thing and now this. I needed to know if Justin and Adrienne were ok, did they hurt them or did they just kill them after they sent me here, maybe they are in the same position as I am, trapped in a cell with hardly any room to walk.

Suddenly a realization came through my head, Adrienne loved Justin, and Justin loved Adrienne. No, that couldn’t be possible, I loved Justin and Justin could only love me and no one else. I should have just left Adrienne to die there and I should have never come back for her. If it weren’t for her I wouldn’t be here. A pain swept through my heart, a burning pain that I couldn’t stop, jealousy, no it wasn’t just jealousy it was hatred, a hatred that I couldn’t control. A hatred that wouldn’t stop until I knew she was out of the way for ever.

The door squeaked and I twisted my body to see who it was, it was the same old man who served me the poisoned food.

“The master wishes to see you.” When I didn’t get up or respond he said in a much harsher voice “Now.”

“Who’s he?” I asked, I wouldn’t go anywhere without knowing where or to whom.

He crossed his arm patiently, “The person you have to meet now.”

“That doesn’t answer my question,” I said patiently, “I want to know who he is.” I said more aggressively than I had ever before.

The old man uncrossed his arm and walked hastily towards me and grabbed my bare upper arm harshly and dragged me behind him showing no pity or emotion towards me. I was only aware just then that I was still in my mini boxers and green tank top feeling very self-conscience all of a sudden. It was dark so I couldn’t see where we were headed but it seemed like a tunnel that would never end.

“Where are you taking me?” I said. I gave up struggling out of his grip ages ago; his hand was like steel digging into my tender skin.

He didn’t answer me, just stayed silent walking in the same steadily pace we have been for the past god-knows-how-many-minutes. But it felt good to move around. It felt like we were walking in circles, god knows we may have since it was so hard to see anything.

My patience was wearing out and I was beyond angry by now. “Can you answer me?” I said in the bitchiest voice I could pull of.

He stayed silent; it was as good as being alone.

“Bastard,” I muttered loud enough for him to hear but I still got no response from him.

And then finally there was light at the end of the tunnel.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry 4 not updating in a while.
I would really appreciate it if u could please give me some feedback.
Constructive criticism is welcomed.
I hope you enjoyed reading and thank you for reading.