Status: In the process of making

Falling nightmares

Chapter 2

We had reached the school with just two minutes to spare.

“Lisa, hey!” waving a hand to her best friend, Danielle ran with excitement, towards her friend. Good, that way I didn’t had to stick with her playing sister, sister.

I watched her socializing like a big girl. Just a year ago she was so shy and wouldn't talk to anybody. But when I look at her it's like she was a totally different person. She had plenty of friends, she was popular, and she even had a boy friend.

I was two years older than her, and no guys had even asked me out, forget about boyfriends.

Just as I was about to turn to go to homeroom a pair of gentle hands covered my eyes then a males voice said, “Guess who?”

I put my hands over his hands and gently lifted them up. I didn't need to see him to recognize him. I could recognize his voice anywhere. I could even sense his presence.

I turned around and saw Ian, my best friend since I was born. His parents had been good friends with mine. I haven't got a memory without him.

I hugged him before I had any time to think what I was doing. It was not like I hadn’t hugged him before, or that I felt awkward hugging him because he was a boy. I hadn't seen him for ages. Well not ages, just eight weeks, during the school summer holidays. I had stayed home for the holidays as normal while he was dragged away by his parents for a vacation somewhere in Hawaii, lucky guy.

I broke our embrace and took a step back to take a better look at him. Dressed in a white shirt, with a blue tie done up a little too casually, but then again Ian was very casual. I realized that his gray shorts had come up well above his knees even though all the other boys’ shorts came up to their knees or below. Ian was just so tall.

The only thing that didn’t change was his hair. He hadn’t changed his hairstyle ever since he was nine. Blonde hair that came up to just above his neck curled into perfection.

“You grew again.” I stated instead of welcoming him back. That boy had never stopped growing. It was as if he had an unnatural growth spurt. I was already short enough; I didn’t need to have a contrast to prove that.

Ian looked taken back. I could see he was expecting a welcome back or at least a ‘hello’ after that warm hug.

Ian had opened his mouth to reply but was interrupted by the loud ring of our school bell. He grinned my favorite grin and said something about talking more at lunch before leaving.

I sighed, the year before Ian and I had only one class together, science. That was probably the best subject he could be in since I sucked at it most and Ian as usual was top in the class.

I wondered how Ian never got teased about being such a smarty pants. Perhaps because every boy was jealous and so threatened by his strong and buffed up body. That boy could had gone to being not so popular to major star. He could get any girl he wanted but he chose to stick with his best friend. Of course I was grateful but I couldn’t help but think that if it wasn't for me he would have been on the top of the school.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please read, comment and subscribe.
Thx to my editor Saskia