Status: In the process of making

Falling nightmares

Chapter 3

My homeroom teacher, Ms Tyler, as usual was late. Around me everyone was chatting with at least one other person, catching up on what everyone else had been doing over the summer holidays, except me.

I felt around my skirt pocket for my iPod. Shit. I forgot it on my rush to get to school. So just for the sake of getting rid of my boredom I leaned a little to my right to hear the gossip the girls next to me were talking about. It was all boring. They were either talking about how their boyfriends cheated on them or how they cheated on their boyfriend, so typical.

“I hear there is a new guy coming to our grade and he is in our class,” said one of the girls. I didn’t know which one because my back was facing their direction, but I was sure that I-am-too-good-for-you voice belonged to Courtney.

“Is he hot?” I suspected that was Natalie, Courtney’s ‘devotee’.

“How am I supposed to know, like I have seen him,” That was definitely Courtney.

“Oh my God, you really haven’t seen him? He is the cutest and hottest guy in this school.” That was Elisa, the only one of the three girls that actually had a heart, even if it was a really dumb blonde one.

The three girls started giggling.

“Sorry I’m late kids.” Said Ms. Tyler, unlocking the door to our room.

After welcoming us all, Ms Tyler started marking the attendance roll when I saw a male figure through the blurred window. I supposed that was the new boy. He came through the door when I got a proper look at him.

He was tall, well built, he was tanned as if he had just come back from the beach, his hair was gelled in a messy order, eyes so black you couldn’t see his pupils, danger was written all over his face. I just stared at him, nothing else seemed real. Every sound, every movement was unnoticeable, and it was just me staring at him, until I heard my name being screamed out. I snapped back to reality like how I would after having a nightmare.

“Ciara Beth!” Ms Tyler was shouting my name what sounded like for the millionth time but it was the first time I heard.

My eyes reached Ms Tyler and her stare wasn’t any nicer than her tone.

“Yes.” I said in a small voice.

“Meet me after class.” She said after her face went from red to her regular colour.

The new kid cleared his throat after the racket was over.

Ms Tyler turned towards the door where he had been standing; she said “You must be…”

“Justin Dane, the new kid.” Justin’s voice was sweeter than honey mixed with lavender. His voice was like music playing in my ears or silk rubbing my ears. It was heavenly.

Apparently I wasn’t the only one who thought that. All the girls started staring at him like he was their god and they had to worship him like there was no worship.

“Come inside and have a seat.” she gestured to the seat next to Courtney.

Justin smiled at Ms Tyler and walked to his allocated chair. He stopped before he took a seat. Something about his face told me that he would much rather sit next to someone else, although Courtney was the most beautiful and popular girl in the school.

After all the names were called out and the notices were read Ms Tyler dismissed us.

“Ciara I want you to stay behind,” Ms Tyler said to me angrily. “You too Mr. Dane, I have your time table.” she said in a much nicer tone.

As we both reached the front of the room where Ms Tyler was sitting in her desk, I couldn’t stop staring at him. I hadn’t realized how red his lips were or how flawless his skin was. Shirt or no shirt I could see he definitely has a six pack or more.

Stop, I told myself. I shouldn’t be admiring him, I should be scared of him, and I should be running away, but instead I remained there standing next to him, the same guy who I had always thought was a fictional character, I never imagined the day that I would see him because the only time I had been seeing him had been in my dreams for the past two weeks.

This was beyond weird or crazy this could just not be happening. While Justin was talking about his time table with Ms Tyler I pinched myself just to make sure I wasn’t dreaming. It did no good; it only gave me a red spot.
♠ ♠ ♠
Making some progress.
Please continue reading and please comment and subscribe :D