Status: In the process of making

Falling nightmares

Chapter 5

“It’s only nine ‘o’ clock honey,” my mum said to me when I mentioned I was going to bed. “Are you even sleepy?”

“Yeah I am actually,” I could see mum wasn’t convinced so I added “I have to wake up early for school tomorrow.”

I didn’t blame her for thinking weirdly of me. Normally I liked to prevent myself from sleeping. My mum had a confused look on her face. She knew me too well like any mother would know her 15 year old daughter.

That night was different. I wanted to know more about Justin. Maybe I would understand more that I know he was real. Strange, I thought if I ever saw him with my own eyes I wouldn’t want to dream about him more. But it was the total opposite. I was eager to fall asleep and let my dreams take me away.
***

“Ciara wake up please.” Danielle as usual was waking me up. Wait, did she just say please to me?

“Ok, just get off of me.” I was in a surprisingly good mood. Maybe I was being cranky lately because I was not getting enough sleep. Not to mention the nightmares.

My nightmare? What had I dream about? I searched my brain, recalling any dreams, but nothing. I didn’t even remember waking up screaming in the middle of the night.

This was stranger then getting the dreams. Maybe they finally stopped because I had actually seen Justin in real life. I didn’t need to be scared of him anymore or of sleeping.

I looked at myself in my bathroom mirror. I was not ugly that is for sure, but I wouldn’t call myself beautiful or pretty like Adrienne or Courtney either.

I took a shower and then straightened my hair with my best hair straightener. My hair was subtle, glossy and wavy, which I could live with. I put on some light foundation, black mascara that had nearly run out, and cheap pink strawberry flavor lip-gloss.

I looked into the mirror one more time before leaving. I looked reasonably fine. Then I think why am I doing this? But I knew the answer already before I answered myself. Justin, of course. He was worth waking up early in the morning so you could look your best for him.

What was the use though? He probably was not going to pay any attention to me. Other girls must be doing the same thing, except instead of waking up an hour earlier they had woken up at 5:00 in the morning trying to look their best which was ten times better than my best.

I came down for breakfast and saw my parents smooching each other.

Eww. “Get a room will ya!” I said as I take my normal seat at the dining table.

My mum and dad had been unbelievably in love with each other since high school. They were known in their school days as the high school sweethearts. Dad was captain of the football team and mum was head cheerleader for the football team. Dad’s hair was curly and dark blonde mixed with a little grey. Mum’s hair was naturally blonde but couple of years ago she dyed it so now it is a striking red colour.
“We’ll try and remember next time.” dad joked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading
I will keep on updating as soon as I can.
Please comment and subscribe :D
xoxo