Haunted

Chapter 6

The next day went by as it usually did, only there was more Colour to the dark school and more people were talking about it they still avoided her like the plague after one month of going to the school. By the time it was afternoon Emma was nervous, she had never defied her mums wishes or commands. She quietly tip toed to the closet and got out the dress, she went back to her room with the dress in hand and laid it on her bed. On her desk was a notepad and pen, she began writing.

‘Mum,
I'm sorry, I needed to go to this dance…by the time you see this note I’ll be gone. I Love you and I'm sorry.
Love Em xoxo
P.s. I’ll be back before 11’


She carefully folded the note and put it on her pillow where her mum was sure to see it. She quickly got dressed and put on her mascara and lipstick she glanced at the clock, it was five fifty nine. Where was Jake? Then suddenly she heard a tap on the window, she walked towards it and looked out to see Jake standing there…wearing a tuxedo and holding onto a red rose. Emma gasped at the fact he looked exactly like he did in her dream. She almost turned away from the window but she looked back down and saw him…smiling. She grabbed her dress in both hands….climbed onto her window sill…and climbed down, trying not to rip her dress. As she landed on the ground Jake walked towards her, he walked gracefully like a panther. He looked at her dress appreciatively making her feel naked, bare.

“Nice dress” he smiled at her. More out of habit then anything else she pulled the dress up a bit. She smiled back at him he offered her the rose. She blushed lightly and took the rose, it was pretty.

“Thank you” he chuckled lightly. He grabbed her hand and intertwined their fingers together.

“Shall we go?” he nodded towards the front of the house where there was a red motor bike waiting, it looked monstrous and intimidating yet Emma totally loved it.

“My mum told me that I could never ride on a motor bike with a boy” he laughed at that.

“Well, I'm not like other boys get on” he chucked her a silver helmet.

“Don’t worry, trust me. We can leave this place” she smiled at the sincerity behind his words. She put the helmet on, thanking any one who was out there that she left her hair out. Jake got on the motor bike first, and then patted the seat behind him, she handed hm the rose to hold onto for her. Gingerly she got on behind him, pulling her dress up so she could get on without it tearing, he passed back the rose.

“I should have worn jeans!” she yelled. He laughed and revved the bike; Emma grabbed hold of jakes waist with both hands, closing her eyes. After a while of driving around she heard Jake yell at her to open her eyes. Slowly she opened them and saw that they were on an empty road but it had lights shining.
“I thought we were going to the dance...” Emma asked suspiciously.

“We are” was all he answered back as the bike went faster. The landscape around her changed, it went from out in the open to back into the city. After a few more minutes of driving they finally got to the school, it looked so different; it looked lighter and more colourful with different coloured lights over hanging it. Emma gasped at the beauty of it, Jake slowly parked his motor bike in the teachers carpark, jumped off it and held onto it, to make sure it didnt fall down with her on it. He held out a hand for her to grab onto as she steadied herself while hopping off the vehicle. She took off the helmet which had mussed up her hair. With her fingers she slowly went through her hair, getting rid of any knots in her hair. Jake just smiled at her, she looked up to see him barely 10centimetres away. She gasped as she remembered her dream of the intimacy, the passion and whats worse...her feelings towards him.

“Shall we go inside?” she asked quickly. He held out his hand which she grabbed in fear of falling over her own two feet. Together they walked in to the schools gym. There were heaps of students there, dancing with their partners.

“Want to dance?” Jake whispered in her ear, she shivered but nodded. She didn’t know where to put her hands so he grabbed one and put it on his shoulder and held the other in his own hand then he moved one of his hands to her waist. They started spinning around and dancing; he was mainly doing all the work. These dances are too harsh on the females...doing all the twirling and none of the spinning… Jake smiled at her almost as if he could read her thoughts.

“When will I meet your infamous friend?” she asked after a few minutes. He stopped dancing and pulled his hand out of hers, keeping his hand on her waist.

“Soon, something tells me he will be here soon…” she looked up at him with confusion. Then suddenly the door to the gym opened up and striding in was a tall, lean sixteen year old. he had sunshine blond hair and sapphire blue eyes, on his right shoulder was a tattoo. The tattoo was the Chinese symbol for life. Everybody in the gym was silent as they watched the sixteen year old walk towards Jake and Emma. He nodded at Jake and smiled at Emma.

”Hello Jake, it has been too long...” the blonde boy nodded towards Jake.

“Freddie, good to see you again, this is Emma…” it sounded like a double meaning sentence but she couldn’t work it out. Freddie stared at her then gasped...

“Danielle…” he murmured as he looked at Emma. Jake stared at Freddie like he was crazy, he removed his hand from her waist.

“No, this is Emma” Jake said tensely. Freddie’s eyes flicked from Jake to Emma.

“I’m Sorry Emma.” He smiled which made her heart flip. He offered her his hand. She looked panicked as she stared at his hand and then at Jakes face –he was frowning.
“Would you like to dance with me?” she stared at his hand she grabbed it as she sighed.

“I’d love too” he grinned while Jake frowned even more, he retreated to one of the back walls and leaned against it, keeping his eyes on Emma. Freddie twirled her around once before putting his hand on her waist. They spun elegantly around the other dancers. He leaned forward to her ear once they had danced around the whole of the gym and stopped near the centre.

“He likes you… “He mumbled into her ear, of course she knew exactly of who he was talking about, she looked around and saw him. His face was tight and expressionless which sent cold shivers down her spine.

“But then again...i might not want to give you up...” he mumbled again. His lips were on her neck the instant she turned her head back. She felt a tremor go up her spine.

“Stay with me...it can just be the two of us...no Jake” he kissed her again and again this time moving up and down her neck. She just stood there too scared to do anything. His spare hand reached up to her face, he rested his hand there and leaned in. she smelt his breath it was fresh mint, she tensed. He leaned forward and kissed her fully on the lips. She was shocked at this and put her hands against his well muscled chest, trying to push him away. He took this as the wrong sign and held onto her tighter. He kissed her again; opening his mouth, tongue trying to gain entry into her mouth. She quickly turned her head to the side so he would stop kissing her but instead he started kissing her neck again. Emma searched through the crowd trying to find Jake. When she finally found him he was leaning against the same wall as before, his eyes tight and stance tense as he watched them. She begged with her eyes for him to help her. With one final push against his chest Emma finally broke free from his grasp although his hand stayed tight on her arm.

“Don’t. Ever. Do. That. Again” she said through clenched teeth.

"fiesty..i like that" he grinned evily and stepped towards her again. Jake walked casually towards them; Freddie just smiled, took a step away from Emma and turned towards Jake.

“Well that was…-“he paused to find the right word.
“-Interesting” Emma frowned and pulled her arm away from Freddie and quickly went to Jakes side.

” Might I speak to you…” she was furious with what had happened. He raised his eyebrows and followed her.

“You friend…”she frowned. “…is” Jake looked up at her; his green eyes stared into her blue ones, trying to understand at where she was getting at.

“He kissed me! He assaulted me! And you just stood there! What the hell happened?” Jakes eyes went sad.

“Look, Emma It’s a strange situation, but he didn’t mean anything of it…” Like hell he didn’tshe thought quietly. She sniffed, tears coming to her eyes now. I will not cry in front of him…
“I'm sorry Emma” she couldn’t stop them; the tears flowed unwillingly down her cheeks. He reached out, his fingers brushing away her tears; he pulled her towards him and hugged her tightly. She inhaled the scent of him, he smelt like vanilla. He whispered in her ear, murmuring it softly, her name that was it.
As soon as Jake had let go of her Emma went straight to the toilets to check that her mascara wasn’t running. As soon as she entered the toilets she felt a slight chill. Emma looked at her phone; the clock said it was 9:56 plenty of time. As she looked in the mirror she saw her mascara hadn’t run but she had a slight blush against her cheeks and she had water streaks down her cheeks. She wiped away any evidence that she had recently cried and got out her lip gloss. She was applying it when she saw someone behind her. Another girl like herself, only she was as pale as the full moon in the sky and she had eyes that sparkled like sapphires in the sunlight, her lips were a cherry red but it was her hair, a platinum blonde that seemed white in the light. The girl behind her smiled, Emma spun around to see no one behind her but as soon as she looked in the mirror again the girl was back. The beautiful girl was still smiling as she reached out a pale hand and ran it along Emma’s midnight black hair.

“Who are you?” Emma whispered to the mirror. The girl’s smile vanished as she frowned slightly, putting creases in her forehead.

“I’m Danielle…” the girl seemed unsure of that, she reached out and touched the glass beside Emma’s face. Emma reached out a hand and touched the glass of the mirror where the girls hand was. Images flashed through her mind. The school dance… a beautiful well muscled boy with sunshine blonde hair as he twirled a girl in white… the next image was of the girl in white lying on the bathroom floor, blood running down her arm staining the white dress. Emma gasped as she looked at her own white dress. When she looked back up at the mirror the girl was gone but the images flashed through her head still they didn’t make much sense. A lion tensed and ready to pounce…the full moon glowing high in the sky… heavy breathing… shining bright lights…a calm yet husky voice. The voice just repeated the same thing over and over again and what the voice said sacred her most. Don’t worry…I’ll be here…don’t leave me…don’t…leave…me
The door to the bathroom opened suddenly and he was standing there. His sunshine blonde hair glinted in the light, his shirt unbuttoned so she could see the muscles. In his hand was a knife, it shined ruby and glowed. He smiled tightly.

“Miss me?” she tried to scream but nothing filled her lungs and then it all went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) hope you like the storyy