‹ Prequel: Bus Stop
Sequel: So Close Yet So Far

Green Porcupine

Chapter 15

"PARTY!" Tre yells after the meal at Jill and James reception.

"WHOOT!" I yell in agreement as we all make our way to the dance floor. Billie, Mike and Tre start moshing in the middle of the dance floor then they pull in Matt and Chris to join them. I see James kiss Jill thoughtfully before he joins his rowdy friends. After they get tired out, Adie, Jill, Cassie and I start doing the trout dance; which we practiced earlier that day. Billie, Mike and Tre find this fairly amusing and slap their legs with laughter.

"How about some normal dancing now?" Jill's mother suggests. We nod as we grab our men.

"Awe you know I can't dance," Tre whines.

"I don't care," I say wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Jeez," he says pretending to be pissed off.

"Hey look over there," I whisper in his ear.

"What?"

"Ramona and Joey," I say smiling.

"If his hands go any lower I'll chop 'em off," he says laughing.

"Nah, look how nervous he is, I seriously doubt he'll try anything."

"Yeah, I know. I saw Billie teaching him the basic dance moves earlier today," Tre says chuckling. "And I also heard Billie's respect women speech."

"Hmm, that's interesting," I say laughing. The song ends and we go back to our table. "I haven't had a chance to tell you," I say giggling.

"What?" Tre says raising his eyebrows suggestively.

"You look so clean cut today." I rub my hand through his hair. I look him over once more, khaki shorts and a dark blue button down short sleeve shirt.

"Why thank you," he says with an evil grin. It was time for the father-daughter dance and Jill's father never seemed prouder as he walked up to the dance floor with his only daughter. After a minute or so Tre takes Ramona's hand and leads her to the dance floor followed by Mike and Estelle.

"I feel so left out," Billie complains as he sits next to me, Adie by his side.

"I wouldn't know what that feels like; I'm going to be able to dance the mother-son dance...twice," Adie smirks evilly, as I laugh.

"Awe Bill," I say pinching his cheek, he slaps my hand away playfully. Tre comes back with Ramona in tow.

"So what did I miss?" he asks putting his arm over my shoulder.

"Billie's sad he couldn't do the father-daughter dance," I say in a mocking tone.

"Awe, Billie baby it's okay," Tre says happily.

"Oh mother-son dance," Adie yelps as she goes off to Joey and Jakob. We watch her intently as she dances with both her sons.

"B.B," Frankito says pulling on my arm. "I want to dance. Jakob gets to dance."

"I'll dance with you Franky," I say picking up the child in my arms to the dance floor. I rock back and forth in his tiny embrace. When the dance ends I put him down and he scampers off. I look over at Adie who puts down Jakob and messes up Joey's hair playfully.

"Awe wasn't that sweet," Mike says coming up behind me and putting his arm over my shoulders.

"I guess," I say as we walk to the table.

"Oh Macarena!" Mike yells turning me around back to the dance floor.

"OY!" Tre and Billie yell as the run to the dance floor as Cassie and Adie follow behind laughing. Everyone starts dancing the Macarena and I dance next to Jill.

"Having fun?" I pester.

"Oh yeah!" she says placing her hands in front of her to the music. We look over at the guys who over-exaggerate the pelvic roll. By the end of the song everyone starts over-exaggerating the pelvic roll and trying not to die with laughter.

Hours later we make our way back to our hotel room. Tre was carrying a dosing off Ramona and I'm carrying a sleeping Frankito. We manage to open the hotel room door and place the kids in their beds. I kick off my shoes and flop right onto the bed. "Thank you," Tre says flopping down next to me.

"For what?" I murmur.

"For being so great with Ramona and Frankito," he says putting his arm over me.

"Oh they're sweet," I say snuggling up to him.

"Still, you go out of your way."

"No I don't. They're like, I don't know, family," I say stupidly.

"Family huh?" Tre says mocking me.

"Shut up," I mumble into his chest.

"I don't want to leave tomorrow," I say the next morning.

"What? You're not staying the week?" Tre says in disbelief.

"I can't, I have shows to perform," I say slightly upset.

"I'll have a nice talk with Roberto about my ass and he'll let you have the week off," Tre says smirking as I laugh.

"Tre, Roberto is not gay; he has a wife and a son," I say rolling my eyes.

"Then what's with the whole..." Tre doesn't finish the sentence with words but with arm movements instead.

"He's metro-sexual." I look at Tre who's trying to remember what metro-sexual means. "It means straight with style."

"Oh, umm okay," he says giggling.

The next morning Tre drives Ramona and me to the airport. We open the trunk to get our suitcases.

"Three? Ramona and I only brought two," I say looking at Tre awkwardly.

"I'm coming with you," I look over at Ramona who's smirking.

"You knew about this," I say laughing as she nods guiltily.

"What about Frankito?" I ask still in disbelief.

"Oh, he's staying with Bill and Adie," Tre says happily as he unloads the bags onto the trolley.