‹ Prequel: Bus Stop
Sequel: So Close Yet So Far

Green Porcupine

Chapter 24

A few days after Christmas, Tre sneaks up behind me and covers my eyes with his hands.
"Guess who?"
"Mike?"
"No, much sexier."
"Billie Joe?"
"Sexier than that."
"Jeez I'm fresh out of names. Adie?" I say laughing as I remove his hands and kiss him.
"Damn! You consider Adie sexier than me?!" Tre says laughing.
"Well." I say laughing.
"I have a surprise for you?" he says smirking.
"Is it humpable?" I ask laughing.
"Define humpable." Tre says laughing. I roll my eyes. "Depends how creative you are."
"Okay, so let's see this surprise." I say taking Tre's hand.
"It's not here we have to drive there."
"Lover's lane?" I ask laughing.
"It's a surprise!" he says pulling me out of the kitchen towards the entrance when I stop him.
"Shoes?"
"Right, right. Put them on . . . .Quickly." he pesters. I slip on my shoes and he takes my hand and pulls me to his car.
"So where is my surprise?" I pester.
"Not too far away." Tre says smugly. "Which reminds me; put this on." He says passing me a blindfold.
"Is this really necessary?" I ask rolling my eyes.
"Yes!" he says tying the blindfold.
"I feel like I've been taken hostage!" I say dramatically.
"Trust me it's worth it." He says secretively.
"Oh yeah, now you learn how to keep a secret." I say sarcastically.

The car stops about ten minutes later.
"Can I take off the blindfold now?"
"Not yet." He says as I hear him get out of the car. Moments later I hear my door open and Tre takes my hand. "Step out" I feel him lead me a few feet away and he unties the blindfold. We're standing in front of a building that has a sign that reads "Pixie's Dance School."
"Oh my god! Thank you Tre." I say wrapping my arms around him evcitedly.
"Oh yeah I'm getting lucky tonight." He says laughing. "You wanna go inside?" he passes me a set of keys. I unlock the door and step in.
"Did you do all this?" I ask in awe of the décor.
"No, as you know I don't know squat about dance, I got a Jill and designer person to help with all this." He says shrugging.
"Thank you, thank you, thank you." I say hugging him again. I let go and walk up to the mirror and dance bars.
"You like it?"
"Tre I absolutely love it!" I say excitedly.
"There's more." He says leading me up the stairs. We get to the second floor where there's an office set up, with a computer and everything. "So you can make music mixes and stuff like that." He says pointing at the music equipment, "James helped me out with that, since he's a music tech and all."
"Tre this is too perfect." I say as I walk up to him and kiss him passionately. He takes my hand and leads me up another flight of stairs up to the roof.
"Check out the view."
"It's beautiful." I say as I look back at Tre who's on one knee with a velvet box in his hand.
"Will you marry me?"
"Of course." I say on the verge of crying as Tre slips an engagement ring on my finger. I drop down on my knees so that I'm at the same level as he is and I wrap my arms around his neck and lock my lips against his. I feel my phone start to ring. I pick it up out of habit.
"Hey newly engaged!" Jill's voice bellows out.
"Hey Jill, you're ruining the moment!" I say laughing, "How long did you know?"
"Oh Tre has been planning this for at least a month." She says laughing.
"Talk to you later Jill." I say hanging up.
"Mine all mine." Tre says holding me close.
"So when do you want to get married?" I whisper.
"Saturday night." He says laughing lightly.
"Sounds good." I whisper again.
"Seriously? You don't want one of those big wedding thingies?" he asks tilting his head.
"Nope, I just want you." I say snuggling into his neck. "And getting married on New Year's Eve is an awesome idea."
"Awesome" he says laughing. "Saturday then."
"Right here on the roof." I say laughing.
"Whatever you want."