Forgotten

First Impressions.

BOBS POV.

"She gave me your name," he said and I had nothing to say to that, I hoped he would just drop it.

"Your name is Robert right? You just changed it to Bob didn't you? You see! And you left her and she really...."

"I didn't leave her. She left me. She said I was too young for her and she didn't want to ever see me again, she broke my heart."

"How old were you?" asked one of the twins, I couldn't tell which was which at all.

"Uh.."

"How old were you?!" said the two of them in unison.

"I was only twelve OK?! I didn't know what I was doing!"

"Thats no excuse! You fucked up big style and now you have to fix it!" said one of the twins and it made me pretty angry that they swear like that in front of their little sister.

"Could you stop swearing in front of your little sister like that please?"

"No she's heard worse and it wont bother her anyway, look, just show us where we're sleeping and where the bathroom is and then leave us alone, at least for tonight please," said one of the twins and I looked at the three of them properly for what seemed like the first time.

They were so skinny, really, really thin like starving children from poverty stricken third world countries. All three of them were short for their age and they all had my hair and eyes. The boys looked like me but Cassie, she looked so much like her mother. Their clothes were tatty and worn and one of the twins looked like he had the beginnings of a black eye.

"Alright, are you sure you don't want to have my room?" They would be more comfortable up there but I had a feeling they would refuse.

"We're sure, we've slept rough before so a basement is no worse really is it?" They seem to not understand how much guilt they are making me feel right now.

"OK, let me show you around the house, the guys can take your stuff down, is this all of it? Everything you have?"

"Yep, in the whole wide world, this is us and our stuff," said one twin and the other nodded. Cassie just held onto their hands and cowered behind them, clearly scared of the guys and I.

"Right... well, uh, kitchen is right through there, I'll get you some food now if your hungry, lounge is in there, don't touch Frankie's naughty video stash until your at least 18," all the guys and I exchanged sneaky looks at this and both twins smirked.

"Yeah, do not touch Frankie's videos, upstairs is all our rooms and two bathrooms, the bathroom doors are open unless somebody is in there, you will find them easily and that's it really." The boys nodded and picked up some of their stuff. They only had one backpack each and a beat up old guitar case and that was all they had in the world. They must have had it rough with Nicola, I mean I knew she was short of money but not like this.

"Oh and when your in the basement don't touch my drums please... you can play them a bit now if you like but just...."

"Really? Right now?" asked one twin, almost excitedly.

"Yeah sure it's no problem. You play drums?" He shook his head.

"Always wanted to, got the sticks but drums are expensive," he said sadly.

"Come on, I'll teach you some stuff," I grabbed some of their things and took them downstairs with me. The three kids followed me apprehensively until I turned on the light down there and they saw that it was just a soundproof basement.

The twin who had been so keen to try the drum kit ran over to it straight away, a look of awe on his face.

"Can I really try it?"

"Yeah, just go for it."

He sat down on the stool and held his sticks in his hands ready to play but he then looked confused.

"Robbie name me a song bro?"

"Uhh... that one we heard the other day with the really cool bass at the start... dance something?"

"Dance dance!" said Josh at the kit and he started to drum the intro flawlessly.

"This is your first time on a drum set?"

"Yeah," he was either a good liar or an exceptionally good drummer in the making.

He played around for a little while whilst I helped Robbie set up three camp beds with lots of extra blankets and pillows to make sure they were all warm enough and comfortable. Cassie had her acoustic guitar out of its case and perched on her knee like she wanted to play it but wouldn't with me there. Josh got off the drum set and came and sat on his pile of pillows that was his bed for the night.

"You guys want some food or a drink or anything at all?" I asked.

"We're fine," said Robbie fiercely but I heard his stomach give a loud rumble just after he said it.

"Alright well you know where the kitchen is. My room is third door on the left from the top of the stairs, if you want anything, I don't care what time it is just knock OK?"

"We wont need anything.Thank you and we'll see you in the morning." I took the hint and left them alone. I had already learned something from this first encounter, Robbie was not to be crossed and Cassie was too shy for her own good.

I got to the top of the stairs coming up from the basement and opened the door to the main house. All four guys were outside the room waiting for me. I came out of the basement and shut the door behind me before I was bombarded with questions.

"OK Bob, want to tell us WHAT THE HELL YOU WERE THINKING?" Yelled Ray and I winced slightly. I can't say I wasn't expecting this, I knew they would all take it badly once they knew, and I had only known myself since an hour or so before they arrived.

"Come and sit down guys, I'll tell you whatever you want to know," I was actually shaking at this point as I followed them all into the lounge and sat myself in one of the big squishy armchairs that you kind of sink into.

"How could you not know?" demanded Gee.

"She moved away! Right after I had sex with her she moved away and I had no contact with her for eight years."

"How could she not have told you when she saw you again all that time later? And where were the boys when she saw you again later?"

"I guess she put them in a home or left them home alone, she never mentioned them."

"How could you make the same mistake and get her pregnant twice?"

"The first time I didn't know you had to use protection and the second time I dunno what happened, I can't remember it at all so don't ask me about it."

"I dont believe you were only twelve Bob. Thats so irresponsible, what kind of example are you setting for those boys?"

"Well I wasn't setting an example because they didn't know me then and our first impressions of each other weren't exactly great were they?"

"No, they weren't," admitted Gee.

She killed herself?" asked Mikey with some sadness in his voice.

"She hung herself. Said on the note that she couldn't take it anymore, she thought she was failure, she also owed a lot of money to somebody but it didn't mention any names. She left the kids to me, not wanting to leave them in care," I looked down at the floor, feeling more and more guilty with each passing second. Those kids downstairs, MY kids, had spent all this time of their life so far living rough and it was partially my fault for not being there for them.

"Bob, we're sorry we got a bit shitty with you it's just a lot to accept and what are you going to do once we have to go back on tour? We can't cancel it and I know Brian is going to go nuts when you tell him about this," said Ray and I nodded.

"I'll figure something our guys, right now I just need to go to sleep. This has been one rough start to my week off that's for sure."

[A/N Comments? Should I continue with this or not bother?]