Status: AFI three-shot! It's for a contest!

Medicate

THREE

Elise probably had the best car ride in car ride history. She rode in the back with Davey. Her dream guy.

The second person who rode with us was Jade. My favorite, and also the only person in the band who knew where I lived. Which got me confused.

"Hey, Jade, how did you know where I lived?" I asked. His cheeks turned pink. Davey and Elise started to laugh in the backseat.

"Um, well, I found your address in your phone. Sorry. I shouldn't have been looking. It's just, I was curious. You do have a lot of AFI music on your iPod section. Amazingly you got it all on that thing." He smiled, and I laughed.

"I don't really listen to a lot of other music, actually. Mainly AFI, but when I'm bored, I listen to Panic! At the Disco, and Green Day. That's it though." I shrugged, and Davey whistled in impressiveness.

"What?" I asked.

"It's so impressive that you can actual handle our music for so long. Even other rock bands after that. It's quite shocking actually." An AFI song was on the radio, and I turned it up. The song was Perfect Fit. Another of my favorites.

The song ended, and we pulled up into a driveway of a house. It was big, blue, and had few windows.

->-

Elise and I had met the rest of the band-such as Hunter and Adam-after we got inside. The house was playing some new music that I hadn't heard yet, and I listened to see if I could figure out the title.

No luck.

"You hear that?" Hunter asked, "that's the sound of music being born."

"Really? What's it called?" I asked.

"Well, we could tell you, but that isn't any fun. Why don't we play it for you?" Adam asked from across the room. Elise screamed another high pitched scream.

"That's a yes." I told them, and Adam grabbed a unnamed CD.

"Your just going to play a CD?" I asked.

"Yea, it takes to long to play it for you both live. So, here it goes." Adam placed the CD into the computer, and the song started.

Oh!

Could I, could I just find a way?
I'd find you everyday and we could alter time.
But I've come to find everyone's gone away.
So this may be the time for the perfect crime.
Yes, this is perfect.


Elise and I smiled, the lyrics matched their attitude perfectly.

(This is) our medicine. (This is) our time to...

Medicate here with me.
Now as we lose ourselves in this and ignore
that you don't even know my name. Medicate.


I tried to figure out the name of the song. It just didn't pop out at me.

Come day, you'll say you cannot stay.
what's more, I'll feel the same.
It happens every time.
So I've come to find everyone goes
away. I'm destined to remain.
You were never mine, so you were perfect.


Elise was head banging, and I smiled. She was a hard rocker. Sort of.

(This is) our medicine. (This is) our time to...

Medicate here with me.
Now as we lose ourselves in this and ignore
that you don't even know my name.


Medicate here with me.
Now as we lose ourselves in us and ignore
that you don't even know my name. Medicate.


I thought I had figured out the title of the song. Medicate? Maybe. Sounded right.

Can you describe what it's like? I feel nothing.
Can you feel this? Does it sting?


I feel nothing at all.
I feel nothing at all.
I feel nothing at all.


(Can you tell me how it feels?)
I feel nothing at all.
(Can we pretend this is real?)
I feel nothing.


Elise was slowing her head banging, and I swayed my body side to side. With the beat of the music.

Medicate here with me.
Now as we lose ourselves in this and ignore
that you don't even know my name.


Medicate here with me.
Now as we lose ourselves in us and ignore
that you don't even know my name.


Elise and I shook are heads, and smiled a little. The lyrics were the same, and we knew their names by heart. It was like a tattoo on the back of our hands that we looked at every minute of every day.

Medicate here with me.
Now as we lose ourselves in us and ignore
that you don't even know my name.


Oh!

You don't even know my name.
You don't even know my name.


Oh! Medicate.

We clapped our heads, and Elise laughed.

"Perfect. It's going to be my new favorite song." She pumped a fist in the air, and danced. Her happy dance. A funky way of showing her love or happiness of something.

"I liked it a lot." I told them, and they smiled at us. Jade smiled, but it looked forced.

->-

I wanted to walk home, so Jade volunteered to walk. It was around 10:30 when Elise and I were finally heading home. Elise decided that she didn't want to walk, and headed home in our car. Davey was riding with her so that Jade wouldn't have to walk home.

"Thanks for letting us hang out with you so long. I'm sure your really tired." I laughed a little. He smiled.

"Yea, just a little. We're going to be doing something tomorrow." He sighed, and looked down at his shoes as we walked.

"Is something wrong?" I asked, he shook his head.

"No, no, no. Nothing's wrong. It's just. We're going to be heading off for tour tomorrow morning. You're not going to see me for a while. I'm leaving for an entire year." He sighed like he was glad he got it off his chest.

"Oh, really?" He nodded. "Well, that's OK. You're famous, you need to do that kind of stuff."

"I'm sorry, Candace. We've become really good friends. I really wish I could stay here at home with my guys, but we can't let the fans down." Jade wrapped an arm around my shoulders. Trying to comfort me.

"It's OK. Do what you have to do. I'll be waiting. I've always got your music to listen to. Don't worry about me." I smiled, holding back tears. Jade. Maybe the coolest guy-OK the coolest guy-I've ever met. He was probably my 2nd best friend. After Elise of course.

"I'm sorry." He whispered, and the rest of the walk was silent. The only sound was our breathing, the wind, our footsteps, and the sound of the streets at night.

->-

The next morning I woke up at around 8:45. It took me five minutes to remember the events of last night. I smiled at the part when I remembered the song. Medicate.

Then I frowned.

The tour began today. Maybe I'd have enough time to see him once more before he left. At that thought I jumped out of bed in my pajamas, and ran outside in my black slippers.

The ground was cold, but that didn't bother me very much.

I ran as fast as I could through the snow, and ice. Not stopping even when a taco truck turned the corner, and nearly hit me.

I stopped though when I ran to the front door, and the lights were all off. Nothing even said that they were there. Tears welled up in my eyes, and I felt them fall.

It hurt to be alone. Elise had left me once when she went to Ireland. My parent's left me when I was younger. Gave me away for no reason.

I fell to my knees in the snow, and my tears fell faster.

This was the time when I didn't want to remember anything. Think of anything. This was a time to mourn of the loss of someone you loved.

I didn't want to feel that feeling, but I couldn't hold it back.

I love Jade Puget.

->- 1 YEAR LATER ->-

I had passed Jade's house every day for about a year now. It was hard to be around people when you were trying to remember the good times with someone you loved.

He left me. Alone. Unloved.

Elise had a new boyfriend and moved out. She didn't visit. And sometimes I wondered if there was still a reason to live.

I walked past Jade's house for the 698th time in one year.

My black hair had grown out, so now it was just above my rear. My blue eyes were darker. They resembled the life of someone who lost the closest things to them.

I didn't even hear my name calling before I finally looked up.

Someone was at the blue house. He was waving at me. I looked closely, and my heart nearly exploded out of my chest.

"Jade?" I whispered, and ran across the street into his arms.

"Hey, Candace." He murmured into my neck. I sobbed.

"I missed you." I whispered, he laughed.

"I missed you, too." He sighed, and I lifted my tear stained eyes to look at him.

He looked the same. Almost. His hair was an inch longer, maybe.

And then we did the unspeakable.

We kissed.

And I was happy. Happier than I was when I first met him.

I was happier than the day Elise left me on my own.

This wasn't just happy.

This was love.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading my three-shot!
I'm so happy!
It's DONE!
Thank you Erin for that cool contest idea!
I'm so happy I joined!
I have my own contest now, too... JOIN IT!
You can find the link on my profile!