You're the Talk of the Town

eleven.

Blaise woke up early the next morning and snuck into the bathroom. She took a long shower to wake herself up and stopped in front of the mirror in her bedroom. She had a towel wrapped around her but she saw deep purple fist sized bruised on her arms. They were all down her arms, and on her shoulders. She turned around to look at her back, when she saw it she gasped. She hadn’t realized her back was that bad. There were four long slashes, going in different directions on her back. They were about a half of an inch thick, but not very deep. The cuts were not bloody, but would be if she stretched too much. He had used his belt to hit her.

She found herself sitting on her bed, wanting to cry. But she kept it together. She needed to go to school. She needed to make sure people knew she was fine. She needed to make sure no one found out about this.

She got dressed in a purple long sleeved shirt and made sure her arms and back were fully covered. She put on a hoodie and a scarf, to cover up some scrapes she had on her collar bone. She kept her hair wavy and down, and put make up on to cover the bags under her eyes. She looked decent and decided to leave the room.

Her mother was downstairs already, waiting to question her about yesterday.

“Blaise, you worried everybody.” Her mother said, looking up at Blaise.

“I was really not feeling good and I wanted to make sure no one got what I had. If I even had anything.” Blaise lied, looking down at the floor. She didn’t want to lie to her mother. But there was no reason for Blaise to put her problems onto anyone else. She could take care of herself. Couldn’t she?

“Blaise-”

“Mom, I am going to be late for school. I’ll see you later.” Blaise interrupted. She grabbed her backpack off the couch and walked out the door.

When she got to school people stared, just like she knew they would. She put on a fake smile and held her head up high. She looked fine on the outside. On the inside she was falling apart.

“Blaise!” Joan called once Blaise was in the hallway. Blaise looked in the general direction of the voice and saw Joan with Johnny and Gabe. Gabe looked uncomfortable as he stood by Johnny. Blaise didn’t know what she was feeling, but it wasn’t hate.

She walked up to them and smiled. She needed to keep herself composed; she still needed to hate Gabe.

“How are you?” Joan asked, eyeing her. Blaise felt uncomfortable.

“Good.” Blaise said, opening her locker. The bell rand just then, and she heard Joan sigh.

“Go to class, you’re going to be late.” Blaise said softly.

“I’ll see you at lunch Blaise.” Joan smiled, then turned and walked with Johnny to their classes.

Gabe moved closer to Blaise, leaning on the locker next to her. His expression was full of concern. She moved her gaze back into her locker. She didn’t know what her feelings were at this moment. She was utterly confused.

“Blaise-”Gabe started.

“Gabe! I missed you after school yesterday.” came a girls voice from their left.

“Not now Lori.” Gabe told her, not even looking at the girl. His voice was so stern and final that Blaise had to look back up at him. His eyes were locked with hers.

“Gabe-”

“Blaise, just listen. Please.” He said, moving his eyes to her arms.

She suddenly felt self conscious. Like he could see right through her and see all the pain she was in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please.
And if you guys do, ill update within the next two days!
I sware on this story.

I know its short.
but its neccesary.

On anotherr note, has anyone listened to Almost Alice in its entirety?
best soundtrack ever.