You're the Talk of the Town

two.

Gabe walked into the cafeteria and sighed. He hated school food.

He waited in line and got his ‘Spring salad’ from the lunch lady and then looked around for a table. He saw a few guys that were in his second hour, Algebra II. He was never any good at math. He decided to go and sit with them.

“Can I sit here?” he asked, looking down at the guys. They looked up at him and nodded their heads. He sat down and looked around.

“So, you’re new.” One of the guys said.

Gabe rolled his eyes mentally. Was he serious?

“Yeah I am.” Gabe replied, eating some of his fruit. He looked around the cafeteria and his eyes landed back onto her. He didn’t realize he was staring until she looked at him and a surprised look crossed her face. Then she continued to eat, blushing again.

The guys seemed like they were talking about girls, so he decided to ask.

“Do you guys know Blaise Adams?” Gabe asked them.

“Yeah.” The bigger of the two guys asked.

“She’s one of the hottest girls in our school.” The other guy said, looking at Gabe.

“Is she dating anybody?” Gabe asked them, looking at her again.

This time they both just laughed.

“What?” Gabe asked.

“Yeah, she is. And I wouldn’t try to make the moves on her. Her boyfriend is deadly.” The bigger guy said.

Gabe didn’t know what this meant, but he didn’t care. He was going to get know this girl.No matter how deadly her boyfriend was.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the day passed Blaise got more and more stressed out. She knew what was coming but tried to deny it. For once in her life, she didn’t want to see Hugh, her boyfriend of one year.

She was sitting in her fourth hour class, government, waiting for the bell to ring. She wanted to get this class done with so she could go home.

She felt someone sit down to her right, but didn’t bother to look. Her hair was falling over her shoulder. She decided to drop her head into her arms on her desk.

“Are you okay?” a voice came from her right. Her body tensed, she thought she was hearing things. She lifted her head and looked to her right and saw him.

“Yeah.” She said, more harshly than planned. She didn’t want to be mean to him. But she had to. He was lethal, and she knew it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He walked into the class and saw her sitting at a desk, facing away from him. He decided to go sit next to her. He sat down and just kept looking at her. She put her head into her arms on her desk, and instantly got curious.

“Are you okay?” he asked, looking at her. She looked like her body had froze when she straightened up and looked at him.

“Yeah.” She said, somewhat harshly.

He looked away from her then. He didn’t know what to do. Did she not want to talk to him?

“I’m sorry.” He heard her whisper just before the bell rang, and the class was called to order.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One minute until the end of the day.

One minute until she would run out of this class like it was on fire.

One more minute until she was away from him.

She couldn’t believe that she told him that. That she was sorry. This wasn’t good. This wasn’t good at all. She wasn’t even supposed to talk to him.

She looked over to him one more time before the bell ring, and once it did, she was the first one out the door.

She ran to her locker, threw her books in her bag, and ran outside to meet Hugh. He should be waiting for her. He didn’t go to high school. He graduated last year and went to the community college for the time being.

“Hugh.” Blaise breathed, jumping into his car.

“Are you okay Blaise?” he asked, concerned.

“You’ve never been out of the school that fast.” He stated.

“I was just anxious to see you.” She said, trying to smile. But she couldn’t. This wasn’t right.

“I was too. I need to tell you something.” He said, turning onto Main Street. She didn’t know if he seemed happy or mad. He seemed….indifferent.

“What?” Blaise asked nervously.

“I’ll tell you when we get to your house.” He said, turning onto her street.

Within minutes they were parked in front of her house.

“What?” Blaise asked again, nervousness growing the pit of her stomach.

“I’m moving.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is short.
I am enjoying writing this one.
I am not going to lie.