Status: In Progress...

The Way to Believe

Chapter Twenty One

“What day is it?”

Grandma Maggie looked at me, “Tuesday, honey. Why?”

“Oh, I’m missing school.” We were sitting on a bench out side the lad waiting for Sami’s dad to come out and get my contribution to this little experiment, i.e. my blood. Her father had been reluctant at first but when my grandmother put her two cents in nobody, let alone John Laurentian, could refuse her.

“I don’t think that really matters when you’re in Neverland.”

“You’re probably right.” I looked at her, “But what about when I come back?”

“I don’t think you will be.”

“Yeah, but- wait what?” I stared, “What’s that supposed to mean.”

“You’ll see.”

I growled at her, “Nobody ever tells me anything. Not you, not Hunter, not-”

She interrupted me, “You met Hunter?”

“Yes? Why?”

“Oh just wondered, she’s pretty cool.”

“Uh-huh.” I swung my feet around, feeling like a little kid. Man, I hate having short legs, every time I sit down my feet don’t touch the floor. No, I hate being short in general. Even Grandma’s tall. It’s not fair! “Grandma?”

“Yes honey?”

“Was Captain Hook tall? And Wendy short?”

“Why?”

“I dunno.”

“I think so. At least that’s the way I always think of him. And my grandmother was definitely short. With wispy gold hair and blue eyes. You really do look remarkably like her. And despite what everyone says about her in Neverland, she was a good person. Charitable, sweet, kind. But she had this amazing pride. Never wanted anyone to tarnish her reputation. She was a perfectionist. She tried to teach me to play the piano. Didn’t work.”

“Yeah Grandma, you suck.”

“Hey!” She elbowed me. “You’re not supposed to say things like that to your old grandma.”

“Never stopped me before!”

“I think that’s your problem. You never stop!”

“Shush!” I waggled my tongue at her.

The door to the operating room opened. Jeez sounds like I’m going to my doom. Sami’s head popped out. “Iris, dad’s ready for you.”

I squeaked, “He’s going to suck my blood.”

She just laughed, “Come on you big wimp.”
♠ ♠ ♠
PART TWENTY ONE! Sorry it's been sooooo long, I feel really bad!

As always, Please comment... On my lateness if you want... :(

~ Elona