We Met At The Eye Doctor

We met at the eye doctor

"I want Mike, I want Mike." I repeat over and over again, sitting in the cozy coffee shop.
"Yes! I get it you miss the sexiness!" Mandy says angrily.
"Oh why does he have to tour so far away?!" I whine.
"Stop complaining! You're humping Mike fucking Dirnt!" she outbursts.
"No I'm not! That's the problem he's a gazillion miles away!"
"Jeez calm yourself woman!" Mandy says rolling her eyes.
"What's with you? Usually you want every detail about Green Day possible."
"I don't know." She mutters as she looks away.
"You met someone didn't you?"
"You can't prove anything." She says as she takes a giant sip of coffee.
"Tell me!" I pester.
"Okay, we met at The Cranberry Club."
"Ew! What were you doing there?"
"Cassie, that's beside the point. A couple of co-workers dragged me there."
"Sure." I say rolling my eyes.
"Anyway when I was leaving I accidentally bumped into him and all my papers went flying."
"Oh how cheesy." I say laughing.
"Not really, it was an extremely messy fall; I mean a real embarrassing stumble. Anyway he helped me gather my papers together then he asked me if we could grab a cup of coffee and well it all escalated from there."
"Someone's getting lucky." I tease.
"Oh yeah." Mandy says raising her coffee cup. "Oh yeah, I got you another Reprise photo shoot."
"You know I can't do a photo shoot for Green Day, it's too awkward."
"Don't worry it's for My Chemical Romance."
"Awesome, gothic like!" I say smirking. "Am I just photographing or am I directing too."
"I believe George is directing again." Mandy says thoughtfully.
"Good ol Georgey." I say laughing.

I get back to my apartment and flip through my mail when I come across an envelope for a wedding invitation.

Jillian Thomas & James Atwood
Request the honor of your presence
At their wedding
On Saturday the fifth of November two thousand and five
Outrigger Keauhou Beach Resort
78-6740 Alii Drive, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii.

I call Mike up.
"Hey Cassie." He says happily.
"Hey, I just got the invitation to Jill's wedding."
"Yeah, be my date?" he asks laughing.
"Sure." I say casually.
"Good." He says, I can tell by the way he spoke that he was smirking. "So what are you doing tonight?"
"I have a date with Ben and Jerry chunky monkey." I say laughing.
"Cancel it and come out with me."
"Where are you anyway?" I ask laughing.
"Fresno, my concert was last night so I'll be all alone."
"Fresno! That's three hours away." I say laughing.
"Well tomorrow we're going to a location seven hours away." He mutters.
"Fine, but you better make it worth my while." I say slightly annoyed.
"Don't worry about that." He says evilly. He gives me the exact location of his hotel and I pack an over night bag.

I get in my car and pick up my cell phone.
"Mandy, I'm going to Fresno." I say as soon as she answers the phone.
"What? Why?"
"To see Mike." I say as I drive towards the highway.
"You crazy lady!" she yells.
"That just might be." I say smirking.
"When are you getting back, you can't just skip the M.C.R. photo shoot."
"Who? Oh, My Chemical Romance. Don't worry I'll be back by tomorrow afternoon, or evening. It depends."
"You are in-friggin-sane!" she says slowly.
"Yeah, well I know that already!" I yell back as I hang up the phone.

I turn on the radio and American Idiot blasts out. This was a funny coincidence, must be a sign, I think to myself. Except for the fact I don't believe in signs.
"That was American Idiot by none other than Green Day." The announcer says.
"WOOHOO!" I yell out of boredom and for my own amusement. I receive an awkward stare from the car next to me, but I don't care. I'm going to see Mike!

Three straight hours of driving down endless highway and I finally arrive at the hotel where Mike is staying. I hand my car key to the wallet and head inside. I walk across the lobby ignoring everything around me.
"Cassie! Cassie!" someone calls out to me. I turn around and see Tre and Billie.
"What are you doing here?"
"Uh, I drove over to see Mike." I say anxiously.
"Three hours?" Billie asks rolling his eyes.
"Yeah." I say sounding pretty stupid. Billie laughs and shakes his head.
"So that's why Mike doesn't want to come out with us tonight." Tre says laughing.
"Tre calm down we're not exactly ones to talk." Billie says as he tries to control his own laughing.
"Bed him well m'lady!" Tre yells as he and Billie walk outside.

I wait at the elevator a few moments before they open to reveal Mike.
"Hey, you're here!" He says happily.
"Yup." I say kissing his lips.
"So do you want to get a drink first or . . ." he doesn't finish his sentence due to the fact that my lips are locked onto his and I pushed him back into the elevator. "Plan B, I see."
"Yeah." I say putting my lips against his yet again. He maneuvers his arm to press the floor button.
"So is this worth your while?" He asks raising his eyebrows.
"And more." I say as I start to unbutton his shirt.