Trashed and Scattered

9. Chocolate Kisses

The next day at school was fairly uneventful. I was pretty concerned about Gerard, so that had kept me quiet for most of the day. He had shown up with a dark bruise on his eye, badly covered with make up. I had a bit of an idea about what was going on, but I thought it would be best to talk to him. But should I ask him about that, or tell him I like him first? My train of thought was broken as Macy sat down at the table, Frank and Ray trailing behind her. Frank looked a lot brighter, which cheered me up, and he even flashed me his amazing grin as he sat down. Mikey soon came, Gerard absent mindedly following. I watched him as he moved, his dark messy hair moving slightly in the wind, and his eyes downcast. Those beautiful eyes. He caught my gaze and gave me a shy smile, and I smiled back. Macy looked up at me and smirked, which made me glare in her direction.

“Well, I think we should have a ‘welcome home’ party for Bob.” Frank suggested, the others nodding in agreement.
“I’ll offer my place. My parents will be out, and we have the my room, which will be awesome.” Gerard suggested, looking at Mikey who smiled warmly.
“You HAVE to see Gerard’s room Ally, it’s amazing!” Macy told me.
Gerard laughed. “I live in a basement...”
“Yeah, but it’s cool!” Frank added in.
“Well, it sounds good, I’ll be there.” I replied.
“Saturday night it is!”

Apparently Gerard, Macy and I were in charge of food, much to Frank’s horror.
“Damn, I wanted to hit the stores with the ladies!” He said, pouting. “Make sure you get skittles! I love skittles! So we need LOTS of skittles!”
“Ok Frank.” Gerard groaned.
We headed in the direction of the supermarket, chatting happily, working out what we would need. Once we arrived, Macy announced she was going to get chips and drinks, and that Gerard and I should go and get lollies and chocolate, so that is what we did.

“What about these chocolate kisses? They’re cute.” Gerard smiled as he held up the small silver packet. I grinned and shoved a few packets into the trolley. Macy was taking a long time, and I cursed under my breath as I realised she was doing it on purpose, giving me time to be alone with Gerard.
“Gee?” I asked tentatively.
“Hmm?” He looked over at me.
“What happened?” I asked as I moved closer to him, gently running my fingers along his bruise. Gerard looked around and stuttered.
“Umm, err, well, umm. Err Ally, I don’t really know what to say. It’s... a long story I guess. And I don’t know if I’m ready. Only Macy and Mikey know.”
“It’s ok, I’m just worried about you.” I replied, concerned.
Gerard took my hand and smiled slightly. “Don’t be.”
“Well, can I umm maybe tell you something?” I asked nervously. Gerard raised an eye brown, and motioned for me to continue.
“It’s probably silly for me to say or whatever, but-“
“Look! I got 3 bottles of Coke for the price of 2!” I was cut off by Macy who excitedly pushed her trolley up the aisle, screaming out to us. I let out a sigh, and Gerard laughed, letting go of my hand as he shoved a few blocks of chocolates into our trolley.
This was going to be harder than I thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so so so so sooooo sorry that it’s been so long!! I think it’s been like, a year? Haha. Anyway, I’m back again, and I am promising to update fairly regularly. This one, and 2 others which I had kind of ditched, hopefully updated at least once a week. And a new one I’ve started – “Don’t Change The Way You Think Of Me”, every day or two.
So yeah, back in the game :) And pretty excited!
So please comment, and let me know how it’s going. Tell me what you want, what you don’t want etc.
And I also apologise that this one is a bit of a filler. But it will get better, especially if you guys help me out!

And I give you permission to smack me cos I've been so terrible with updates for like, all of my stories!
<3