You're My Keeper

Mirotic Lies

The snow began to fall; patternless and wildly. Again the wind blew frozen air around Imari just like the same day she remembered. It had been years since she had last been rescued by a mysterious boy and it surprised her that she had needed rescue again by another strange boy.

Imari tsked at the thought, she had become competitive and strong willed. She hated the thought of being seen as a helpless noble girl who couldn't handle taking care of herself.

“Imari! The leader is heading north! Hurry!”shouted her Captain as he tried chasing after him. Imari nodded and quickly ran to him.

The man was the same guy as the other day, he had thick brown hair that ran down to his chin along with this slight dark skin that made it hard for him to camouflage with the snow.

Imari's thoughts ran threw her mind again, this time to when she had been discharged from the hospital.

“What the hell is wrong with you!?”

Disappointment...

"How could you let this happen?" spoke the voice.

Because I failed to kill him....

"Your a Kaito, remember that! It is in your blood to kill....to yearn for blood" the voice continued with a smirk.

"AGH!" She screamed in anger as she flung her pillow at the voice that had no owner. Looking around confused, she realized that she was back at her house. Giving out a loud sigh, she threw her head back towards her mattress, forgetting that she had thrown her pillow at the door.

Smacking her skull hard enough to let out a loud yell that shook the whole estate. She flung out of bed and started to throw her bed belongings to the ground as she grunted ferociously.

"Imari, open the door..." Spoke her mother at the door. She stopped throwing her fit and recollected herself as she took a deep breathe before sliding the door to face her.

"I need to speak to you," Her mother whispered as she carefully closed the door, making sure no one else heard.

"What is it?" Imari asked as she studied her mother, for some reason she was acting weird, for the first time she looked desperate.

"Just what exactly happen during your mission? Did you kill him?" She asked as she clung on to Imari's arm.

"Agr....I couldn't...he wasn't alone..." Imari replied as she tried to pull her arm away but failed.

"Imari Kaito! How could you let this happen?" She muttered viciously as she pulled her in closer, "Do you understand how important this mission was?"

"I'll try again, I'll find him!" Imari told her, Her mother narrowed her eyes, "Did anyone see you?"

"I killed everyone but him. He thought I was dead...but someone did see me and rescued me...." She spoke as she looked away.

"What? Who was it?" She asked shaking her. Imari pulled away, "You don't honestly think I made it back myself with all those wounds!"

And at that instant, her face was smacked by her mother's fist.

"How dare you say something like that to me, Imari Kaito! You respect me!" She yelled.

Imari touched her pain, "Forgive me mother....for I have spoken out of line..."

"Don't you know that now your endanger! Emery clans might attack now that they know that the great 'Black Butterfly' can bleed..." Her mother warned.

"What is it that wish me to do, mother?" Imari asked, with fists against her sides.

"I want you to find that person who brought you back to Konaha!" She simply answered.

Imari's eye widen, "And what do you wish me to do to him?... "

“Find out who he is and then we'll figure it out but first! I must tell you that the next mission that you will receive is of importance as well for you will be granted a promotion if all goes well!” Her mother spoke carefully.

“A promotion? To another ANBU team?” Imari inquired and her mother nodded.

“I have made arrangements with Root and have brought this mission to the Hokage's attention and if my sources are correct, you will see the same man again....but this time don't you dare let him get away!” Imari's mother informed her.

Imari looked at her shocked, wondering why having this man dead was so important to her.

"Your a Kaito, remember that! It is in your blood to kill....to yearn for blood" her mother continued with a smirk, "I'm sure your instincts will kick in when you find him"

"Yes, as you wish" She bowed and then her mother walked out of her room.

A loud thud made Imari break free from her thoughts.

“Captain Yamao!” She yelled as she saw him laying on the snow with blood gushing around his arm.

“It's up to you Imari, You have to kill him!” Her captain ordered.

“Yes, Captain! I won't let you down!” Imari shouted as she chased the man. He had ran down into the forest and then suddenly stopped, almost as if there was no where else to run.

“I have you now! Turn around and face me!” Imari shouted at him.

“Tsk, tsk, tsk...Oh great Black Butterfly, you are extremely beautiful and fast but you sure are stupid!” The man insulted as he turned to her.

“What do you mean?” She asked confused.

The man smirked and introduced himself, “My name is Shuya Kuronuma. Forgive me for not introducing myself before, I thought you would have died back there but now that you have astonishingly survived, I wish to grant you the knowledge of my name.”

“Of course I would have survived, I'm Kaito Imari! Konaha's Black Butterfly!” Imari glared as she began to make hand signs.

“Oh, but I'm just here to talk to you about some certain matters” Shuya said as he smirked. Imari dashed towards him, with a black sphere in her palm.

“Well I'm not!”She yelled as she attacked him head on. Shuya grunted as he tried to dodge her attack but it was no use, Imari suddenly made the dark sphere bigger and it was able to touch his left arm.

“Do you know why they call me the Black Butterfly?”She asked as he fell and screamed in pain. He cursed at her hysterically as he quivered, “It's because I have no mercy in battle and because....”

She smiled as she watched his left shoulder bleed due to his missing arm, “I have black chakra...but that's only why they call me the 'Black', you won't live long enough to know why it's 'Butterfly'.....”

“Why is my arm missing? What did you do, you idiot!” He asked horrified. Imari pierced him with her sliver eyes.

“What a shame! The great Shuya Kuronuma you proudly presented before me is nothing but a weakling and unfit to be titled my slayer! You see, this black sphere doesn't destroy what ever it touches but makes it disappear...”

“I only came here to talk! Your demon mother sent you didn't she?” He screamed in tears.

Imari's eyes widen but she tried not to seem alert, “Your pathetic, crying at your age and a man!”

“She told you not use any jutsus with me when we first meet right? She knew you would have lost and have to face me again! She planned all this, that witch!” He gasped. He shook uncontrollably and spat out blood while his shoulder continued to gush out the crimson liquid. And then he spoke his last words, “I am the rightful heir to the Kaito's fortunes!”

“You what?” Imari whispered surprised. But the man had already left the world and was nothing but a dull body of bones.

“Imari Kaito!” called out her teammates, “There you are!”

Imari turned to see them and her captain was being carried along as well.
“Captain Yamao, how are you feeling?” Imari asked concerned.

“Just a little tried, but I'm glad to see that you have finished the mission, always so prestigious!” Yamao said with a smile. Imari gave a small smile back, half listening and still thinking of what the man was saying.

“Let's head back to the village, our mission is done!”He ordered, everyone nodded and headed back.

As Imari made her way back to Konaha, she couldn't help but to keep thinking of the man she had killed.