Sequel: Open Your Eyes
Status: Please comment if you like it.

Just Say Yes

I'm Not Sick Of You Yet

By the time they made it back to the the room, Erin's feet were killing her, but in the best way. Brian was just happy she had seemed to have enjoyed herself and wasn't mad at him for bringing her to Sin City.

“I'm so exhausted.” She whined as she walked into the room, slipped off her heels and collapsed on the first bed she saw.

“But you enjoyed it right?” The smile on her face hadn't faded the entire night but he just wanted to make sure. She propped herself up on her elbows, her blonde hair brushing the surface of the bed.

“It was beautiful,” She got up from the bed, and shuffled towards him. Her arms slid around his neck and pulled him close into a hug. “Thank you.” She whispered in his ear.

He couldn't help but wonder if she knew what she was doing to him, pressing herself up against him like this then whispering in his ear. She really didn't know her own strength or if she did, she was just mean. She pulled away, her arms loosely sat around his neck. He glanced down at her neck, the bandana from earlier still hung there, he liked it better on her than on himself.

Erin followed his gaze down, and saw the bandana still around her neck, she had completely forgotten about it. Her eyes shifted back up to meet his, in that moment he was overwhelmingly tempted to kiss her. He knew as soon as he did his chances of losing control would be far higher than if he were to simply think of something else. Erin removed one of her hands from his neck and went to tug on the bandana. “Do you want it back?”

He smirked at her, she really didn't know what she did to him. “No, you keep it.” She smiled, and let go of the bandana around her neck. She removed her other arm from around his neck, then walked over to her overnight bag resting by the sitting area.

“Who packed my suitcase?” She asked, as Brian sat down on his bed, and turned the TV on. She looked through it, finding a pair of jeans, a skirt, two pairs of shoes and socks, a nice dressy top, and a few t-shirts.

“Corinne. She was really excited when I told her I was bringing you here.” He flipped through the channels. Erin lifted one of her shirts out of the suitcase then she spotted a lacy bra and panties underneath. She moved some of her clothes around searching for some resemblance of pajamas but couldn't find anything. All of her t-shirts were too short to wear as sleepwear and there weren't any shorts in the bag.

“She didn't pack me pajamas.” She said, furrowing her brow.

Brian got up from the bed and went over to the mini-fridge, and removed a can of beer. “So you'll be naked then?” After he opened the can he brought it to his lips, taking a long swig. “I can take one for the team and join you if it makes you feel more comfortable.” He smirked, while she glared.

“Funny.” She shook her head at him, as he went over to his duffel bag and pulled out an old white Syn Gates shirt of his that was one of the few pieces of clothing that was still clean after being on the road for two weeks.

“You can wear this,” He handed the shirt to her, she took the large shirt in her hands. “I can't believe I'm saying this but it'll cover up more than yours will.” He winced at his own words, he couldn't remember the last time he had told a girl, let alone one he was so attracted to, to cover herself up. A part of him felt like kicking himself for doing it now.

She started to make her way into the bathroom. “I'll be out in a few minutes.”

“I'll be looking forward to it.” He smirked getting comfortable on his bed again and taking another sip then sighing in satisfaction. It was the first time in fourteen days he had an actual bed instead of a bunk, he had survived longer without a bed but he was grateful whenever he was able to sleep in one. While he eagerly anticipated her return, he found himself watching old reruns of some 80's sitcom he couldn't remember the name of. About half way through the show his eyes began to feel heavy and by the time the main girl character was about to learn her lesson for the episode, he fell sleep.

- - - - - - - - -

The next morning Erin had awoken quite early, earlier than she had expected to, it was a little past eight when she climbed out of bed. Brian was still sound asleep in his bed, she had found him peacefully asleep with a beer in hand when she came out of the bathroom the night before. She knew he was exhausted from touring even if he didn't say it, she had moved the beer can from his grip and left it on the nightstand that sat between their beds. She took the extra blanket from closet by the bathroom and draped it over him. He had shifted during his sleep but remained underneath the blanket that she covered him with the night before.

She wanted to let him sleep longer so she quickly grabbed her clothes and changed in the bathroom. After she finished her morning routine of make up and brushing her teeth and her hair, she left the room and wondered around. She grabbed something small to nibble on from Starbucks, not many shops were open this early in the morning but she decided look around anyway. Luckily for her some of the stores in the Miracle Mile Shopping center were open, she wondered about for a few hours and found herself making two necessary purchases. She had found something to wear to the concert Brian had asked her to attend and what she had found couldn't have been anymore perfect.

By the time she got back to the room Brian's bed was empty and the blanket that had been draped over him was bunched up at the end of the bed. The bathroom door was closed and she could hear the shower running, she assumed he'd be a while so she walked over to her bed and took a seat. She opened her clutch which was her only form of carrying around her necessary cards and money, then remembered that she had put the pictures from the roller-coaster in it for safe keeping.

Erin removed the two pictures from the envelope, smiling at their silly expressions, and slipped one back in her clutch. She stood up from the bed and walked over to Brian's bag, she slipped the picture in the envelope into a small pocket on the front of it as she heard the water shut off. She started to walk back to her bed when she heard the bathroom door open, she glanced over her shoulder as she saw steam rush out of the small room which was soon followed by Brian in only his boxers and a white towel slung over his shoulder.

It didn't take him long to notice her being in the room. “Hey, I thought maybe you ran off and went home.” He said, smiling as he rubbed his wet hair with the towel still on his shoulder.

Erin quickly looked away, taking a seat on her bed. “And leave all my stuff here? Nope just taking in the sights waiting for you to get up. I didn't want to wake you.” She heard him laugh and from the corner of her eye she could see him move toward his duffel bag.

Once his back was to her she peeked over catching sight of the 'Haner' tattoo on his back. Her eyes scanned his torso, his skin was glistening slightly with the sheen of water he hadn't yet bothered to dry. She bit her bottom lip as she watched the muscles in his back move and contract as he dug through his bag for clothes and eventually slipped on a pair of black shorts. Still caught in her daze she didn't notice that Brian had now turned around, and smirked at her.

“Were you checking me out?” He asked, absolutely beaming from ear to ear, to which Erin suddenly realized what she was doing and looked away momentarily to collect herself.

“You were doing the same to me last night.” She reasoned, it hadn't gone unnoticed to her that he had been staring at her during the fountain show but she had chosen to not say anything until now. Brian laughed, he removed the towel from his shoulder, revealing yet another tattoo on his chest she had never seen, then rubbed his hair vigorously.

“But you weren't half naked.” He continued to smile at her, she tried her hardest not to give in and smile back. “Though that would've been more fun.”

“Put a shirt on.” She playfully glared at him, and stuffed the two bags with her purchases into her bag so she wouldn't forget them in the room when it was time to leave.

“What's in the bag?” He asked pulling on the shirt she had slept in the night before which she had folded and left next to his bag before leaving the hotel room earlier.

“You'll see next week.” She replied zipping up her bag and grabbed her clutch.

“Now I'm curious.” He told her while throwing on a black and white baseball hat and some flip flops on his feet. Erin ignored his comment and stood by the hotel room door, while he grabbed his wallet and key card for the room and slipped both into his pockets. “Breakfast?” He asked taking her hand.

“Sounds good to me.” She smiled, already not wanting the day to end.

- - - - - - - - -

Several hours later Brian stopped his black Escalade in front of Erin's house. They had spent the day just walking around enjoying each others company, she eventually dragged him into the fashion mall next to the Treasure Island hotel much to his chagrin. But unfortunately as soon as the thirty-six hours had started, they had come to a end. Brian had to drop her off before driving back to Vegas and getting on his flight back to the east coast for another long week. Brian followed Erin when she got out of the vehicle, and before she could even reach for the door to the backseat, Brian had it open and grabbed her bag for her.

“Thanks,” Erin smiled softly, taking the bag from him, walking towards the front porch as he kept in step with her. “for the whole trip. It was a lot of fun.”

Brian nodded, “No problem. I just couldn't get over that you lived this close to Vegas and never been.” He had actually lost count of the number of times he had been there, and most of the trips ended with him enduring the long drive with a nasty hangover. This time had been significantly different, he remembered everything that happened and a part of him didn't want it to end.

“And now I have.” They stepped onto her porch, Brian's hands were firmly planted in his pockets. “You realize this is the longest we've spent together?”

“And?” He quirked an eyebrow, hoping for a positive answer.

She paused momentarily. “I'm not sick of you yet.” She laughed, swinging the bag in her hand onto her shoulder. Brian laughed with her then bent down and kissed her softly on the lips. He then pulled her into a hug, wrapping his arms around her waist and hers went around his neck.

“See you in a week.” He said, burying his face in her hair, the sweet floral scent mixed with her vanilla perfume filled his senses. He could feel her nod against him and a muffled 'yeah' escaped her lips.

As he pulled away she stole another quick kiss before he headed back to his car, she stood on her porch watching him the entire time, a half smile on her face. Before he drove off he looked back at her and waved, she waved back halfheartedly. While driving back to the airport all he could think about was how much he didn't want to leave her, how he wanted to spend as much time with her as he could. It scared him a little because he hadn't felt that way about anyone in a long time.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this chapter didn't really turn out as long as I thought it would but I was told it's sweet, so hopefully that makes up for it. Next chapter will be the barbeque at Erin's place and Brian will meet a very important guy in her life...(hint: he is now in the characters section)

Can I just say that with every chapter I post I'm seriously astounded with the amount of feedback and love you all are giving this story! Thank you, thank you, thank you! It's much appreciated and makes my day. Please continue to comment, read and subscribe. Love all of you that already do. :)

I wish I could reply to all my commenters but if I did I think it would end up being longer than the chapter. Follow me on tumblr?