Status: Next update: sometime soon

The Drug Years

Comatose

Quinton's Point of View
==================


I was just about to walk back into English class, when out of nowhere, Greg appeared and pulled me off to the side.

"Do you want to skip?" He asked looking a little shaky.

"Sure," I shrugged. I needed to get rid of my thoughts for awhile.

We snuck out into the parking lot and found our secret spot. It wasn't really "secret," but it was a good place to get high and not worry about getting caught. We'll at least I haven't been caught yet.

Our spot was located in bushes. Strange, right? There was a ring of them and if one crawled to the middle, it made a nice little spot to hang out.

Greg pulled out a joint, put it in his mouth, lit it, and inhaled before passing it to me. I inhaled and felt my worries slip away.

It was an hour later and we were still smoking weed. Once it ran out, one of us just lit another up. I was so fucked up.

"Well what do we have here?" A distant voice scolded. It sounded close and far away at the same time, but I was too high to even care.

"Looks like we've got an overdose," another voice said.

And then the darkness caved in.

Lacey's point of View
====================


Quinton never showed back up to class. This worried me, but I tried my best not to breakdown. Sure I was supposed to hate him, but I felt the anger slip away after he tried to warm me.

The bell rang and I quietly made my way slowly to Art hoping Quinton would appear, but he didn't.

In Art, I finished my painting of abstraction early and had to wait as patiently as I could. This was killing me!

"Miss Lacey, you look anxious," Mrs. Fill, the art teacher, said.

"I'm fine," I replied with a smile plastered on my face.

She just shrugged her shoulders and walked off to help Stacey Travers with something. She always needed help.

After twenty minutes of waiting, the bell rang, and I ran out that door as fast as I could. I ran out to my car knowing Rachel and Ashleigh would know if anything bad had happened.

They were there, as I predicted, laughing and smiling.

"Guess what happened?" Rachel said cheerily.

"What?" I asked trying to keep the panic from my voice.

"Quinton was caught stoned out here in the parking lot." Rachel laughed.

"What's going to happen to him?" I asked worried.

"He'll probably be suspended," Ashleigh answered, a wicked smile was on her face.

"I sure do hope so!" Rachel Squealed. "That little fucker had it coming."

I couldn't take this! Why would he do something so stupid? What the fuck!

"Hey Lacey? Are you OK? You look blue," Ashleigh asked concerned.

I felt overwhelmed to a point where I couldn't take it anymore, but I didn't want to worry either of my friends. "I'm fin-" I said seconds before I fainted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally an update!
I'm so sorry for the delay.

In two weeks I will no longer be busy, and I will update more often. I may update again tonight. Only because I've got a good idea, and I don't feel like stopping.

Read, Enjoy, and comment! =]