Status: Next update: sometime soon

The Drug Years

I Never Wake Without An Overdose Of You

Lacey's point of View
================


"She's falling!" I heard someone distant scream.

Was I really falling? I couldn't feel anything. My whole body was numb, yet I could hear and think. Well at least I thought I could hear...

I woke up in the nurses office. Everything seemed so distant, but things finally decided to focus after a minute.

"Where am I?" I asked my ears buzzing slightly.

"You're in the nurse's office," a lady in a white outfit said.

"Why?" I asked dazed.

"You fainted dear," she replied sweetly.

"Let me get you some water. I'll be back in a minute." She left quickly.

I looked around. Her office wasn't that big. Across from me, there was a room attached to this office, but the door was closed, so it's contents remained a mystery.

Next to the door were cabinets filled with paperwork and medical things. Chairs sat against the wall in front of me and behind me was the exit.

Curious, I walked over to the closed door. I knocked to make sure it wasn't a bathroom or something, but when there was no response, I decided to open it. I twisted the handle and pulled. Inside was a bed just like the one I was laying on, but on this bed was a boy.

Actually this boy with dark, jet black hair looked almost like...

Quinton!

I rushed to his side as he stirred a little.

"Lacey?" He said as he opened his eyes slightly.

"Yes?" I replied.

"What are you doing here?" He asked softly, still a little out of it.

"I fainted apparently."

"Why?"

"Because I found out that this guy I know was caught with drugs."

"I wasn't caught with drugs. For all they know, I passed out due to heat," he said a little forcefully as he sat up.

"Come on. Everyone knows that you go to class high and sneak off to smoke."

"Says who?" He asked angry.

"My friends," I replied a little afraid.

"I doubt your friends know shit about me, so why are you listening to them?"

"They're my friends!" I yelled back. "I trust them!"

He got down from the bed, took a deep breath, and shut the door. I backed up against the wall involuntarily.

"I'm sorry," he said before he noticed what I had done. "What are you doing?" He asked stifling a laugh.

"Nothing," I responded too quickly.

"Really?" He smirked. "Are you afraid of me?" He asked moving closer and closer until he was inches away.

"No," I breathed out.

He was so close to me. I felt the energy that we had felt earlier. I looked down and realized that he was shirtless. I didn't know why I didn't notice this before. He was in better shape than I thought he would be.

I took a deep breath and smelled weed on his breathe. He smirked before he started to move away from me. "So now you know. I'm a drug addicted asshole."

"I don't care," I responded before moving towards the door. He grabbed the door knob and began to open it for me. I placed my hand against the door, keeping it closed, and kissed him on his lips. It was more like a peck then a kiss.

I pulled away and he leaned in this time kissing me. His tongue brushed against my lower lip until I opened my mouth slightly to let him in. We were like this for at least a minute. He pulled back smiling before opening the door. I sighed softly, yet he still heard me. "Lacey, you aren't like any girl I've ever met before." He said walking into the office with me.

At that moment the nurse walked in. "So I see you're finally awake," she said snidely to Quinton before handing me a cup of water. "Go to the Principal's office," she added.

He brushed his hand against mine before leaving.

I realized that if we ever did start to date, we would have to hide it from everyone. No one would approve of this match. The good girl with the druggie. That wouldn't go too well with my parents either.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I did it!
I updated twice today!
I feel accomplished!
=]
Enjoy!