Status: Next update: sometime soon

The Drug Years

I Hate Everything About You Why Do I Love You

I watch everyone else mingle and dance as I sat on top of Quinton. Maybe I was really just a good girl, for I had never been to a party or had any urge to drink or smoke. I was the girl that sat at home and waited for something interesting to happen and when it didn't come, I just went to bed hoping tomorrow would be different.

Maybe I was too good.

"I'm going to go walk around," I spoke while standing up and walking off. I needed to think things through. I wandered around until I ended up in the kitchen.

Surprisingly it was empty except for Stacey Travers. She sat at the small table located in the center of the room. I walked up to her. "Are you ok?" I asked, noticing she was just gazing off into space.

She looked up to me. "No," she replied before tears began to roll down her face.

"What's wrong?" I asked truly curious.

"My boyfriend dumped me," she stated.

I had never been dumped and so there was no way I could sympathize with her, but I did know that if Quinton ever broke up with me, I would fall to pieces.

"I'm sorry," I said softly sitting in the empty chair beside her. "Do you need to talk about it?" I asked.

"This was supposed to be our two month anniversary party and he shows up with Linda Johnson and says, 'It's over between us.' Then he goes off and dances with her." She placed her hand in her hands.

"That's horrible. Just think though, there are lots of cute single guys here at your party. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find someone interesting. Hell, you might even make your ex-boyfriend jealous some."

She looked back to me. "That's a great idea. Why am I sitting here when there is a party going on?" She smiled before standing up. "Thanks."

"You're welcome," I replied.

She walked out of the kitchen and into the living room.

Instead of following her, I continued to sit at her dining table. I mentally sighed.

I hated the fact that Quinton was in love with someone else. It killed me to hear him say that, but I didn't want to get all possessive and jealous. I also hated knowing that he had no intentions of stopping his drug use. I didn't know how to help him or where to even begin. Maybe Jaden could help. I sighed aloud this time.

I didn't want to try to change him because people only change when they want to. And certainly I would have pushed him away by yelling at him that he was being stupid.

But maybe he needed a wake up call. I didn't know. I was afraid I might do something that would break us up.

"What's a beautiful girl doing sitting all alone, by herself, with the boyfriend off somewhere else?" Tanner's asked behind me.

"I am thinking," I replied, not even looking his way.

"Ah. I see. Things not so fuzzy between you and what's-his-name?"

"No, things are perfectly fine with me and Quinton." I looked at him annoyed by his assumptions. "We just started dating, so things are great," I defended.

"So I can see," he stated with a smirk.

"You're drunk," I stated. "And if you want to be friends with me you are probably going to want to stop flirting. I'm sure you're a great person when you're sober, but now for the sake of our acquaintanceship, please leave me alone until you can function and think clearly."

He smiled before saluting. "Aye, aye captain. See you at school," he said before walking off.

"Boys," I mumbled under my breath.

I decided that I had left Quinton alone for far too long, so I walked back to where I last left him. He was standing now and talking with a group of guys I didn't know. He was holding what I believed was a joint and a newly filled cup.

I didn't want to interrupt the conversation they were having, so I continued walking. I ended up by the stairs the led upstairs. There was a girl sitting on the steps, smoking something. She had long, straight, glossy black hair and green eyes.

"Want a hit?" She asked holding out her joint.

"No thanks," I replied smiling.

"The name is Elicia," she smiled.

"I'm Lacey," I replied sitting down next to her.

"So are you Quinton's new squeeze?" She asked.

"How do you know about--"

She cut me off. "I am an Ex of his. From a year ago."

"Oh."

"We still talk sometimes. Just as friends," she clarified. "But you don't look like you belong in his world. No offense."

"Um...well i don't do drugs if that's what you mean."

She laughed. "You seem like a smart girl. I hope you don't end up like the others."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Heart broken. I've seen it. The two girls he dated after me. They both ended the same: suddenly with no reason at all. When me and him dated, I ended things because I found my boyfriend I have now. I think I was the only one to break up with him. Then again I knew about Grace and our relationship was more casual then committed."

"I know about Grace too. He says he loves me more, but he can't break up with her for some reason."

"He's been with her so long, and he's been with her in more ways than one." She glanced at me sideways to see if any of this surprised me. "I can see why he finds it difficult. Look at it this way: If you and Quinton were together for two years and practically slept together all the time, would you find it hard to dump him for someone else? Someone you didn't really have, but wanted. Someone who could possibly leave you for someone better. Why throw away something permanent for something that may not work out?"

"But I'm not going anywhere," I stated.

"You don't know that. The future is a mysterious and ironic bitch," she replied.

"Lyce?" Quinton said.

"Hey Quin! What's been up? It's been, what? Three weeks since we've last talked."

"Yeah, it's been too long," he slurred. "I see you met Lacey." He looked at me.

"She is quite a catch. She is nothing like you, and that is a good thing. You need some positive influence." She reached into her jeans pocket and pulled out a piece of paper with her phone number written on it. "Lacey, if you ever need to talk, just give me a call. I am a great friend to have." She handed the paper to me before standing up. "Quinton, I will be seeing you around," she hugged him and then headed for the door.

He sat down beside me. "So you met Elicia," he stated.

"Yeah. She certainly is different," I replied. "But I could see myself being friends with her."

"What about Ashleigh and Rachel?" He asked.

"They are my best friends, and I can have other friends."

"That's true. Are you ready to leave? I am trashed."

"I can see that. You should seriously cut back some." I replied hoping he would get the clue.

I stood up and he followed me. We walked outside to his car. He got into the passenger seat, and I got to drive.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I just realized that no where in my story did I describe Jaden and Greg.(If I did describe them, then I don't remember doing so. So please point that out to me if I did.) I am very sorry.
Soooo, I put their descriptions on the character page and I am very tempted to go back and write it in the story. Also I updated all the other character's info things and added pictures.

Comments make me happy! =]

Every time I get on here, I find out I have more subscribers and this excites me.