Status: Next update: sometime soon

The Drug Years

Thanks For The Answer

Lacey's point of view
=================


"What kind of story is this?" Mrs. Andrews asked the class holding up a leather bound book.

The eerie silence lasted a long time, and I vaguely knew what we were talking about. Mostly because of the boy who sat in front of me.

Not once did he turn to look at me. I just stared at the back of his head, hoping some kind of spark would happen between us. I was too fucking tired of being single.

I never have had a boyfriend. Strange, I know, but I just never met anyone worth dating. And the ones that were worth it, were already taken.

"Miss Abernathy!" The teacher called on me. Of course.

"Huh?" I asked stupidly.

"What kind of story is this?" She repeated.

"Um..." I began, not entirely sure what answer she was looking for.

By this time everyone was glaring at me, and so was Quinton. "Biography," Quinton whispered, so only I could hear.

"Biography," I blurted out suddenly.

"Correct," Mrs. Andrews smiled.

"Thanks," I mouthed, for the second time today, to the mysterious boy. He smiled at me and replied, "You're welcome."

The lunch bell rang then and everyone rushed out of the class room, except me. I didn't see the point. Why were they all trying so hard to get cafeteria food? It was disgusting and the ingredients were questionable.

I took the long way so that I could meet up with Ashleigh.

"How's English?" She asked as I approached her.

"Fine," I replied as I took the first step down the stairs.

My school was very small, yet there were two stories to it. There were a little more than 900 students total, and, of course, it was right in the country. I myself have always love the city and this place offered little entertainment for teens. There was a mall in the small city fifteen minutes away, but it was so small that sometimes it wasn't even worth the trip.

There was nothing to do here, and that was probably why there were a bunch of pregnant teenagers around.

It was crazy. At least me and my best friends found other things to keep us occupied. Sex was the last thing on my mind right now. I had to go to college first and start my career. I didn't even want to think about kids right now.

"Lacey?" Ashleigh asked pulling me from my thoughts.

"What?"

"Didn't you hear me?" I just shook my head. She sighed and smacked her head with her right hand. "I asked you if you talked to cute-boy-that-you-haven't-shown-me yet."

"Oh," I said. "Yeah I have actually. He's my class now."

"So he's in this lunch," she stated excitedly. "You'll have to point him out to me!" She squealed.

"If I find him," I said.

We were in the line for regular lunch because it was cheaper than the "fast food" line, which wasn't even fast food.

I picked up something that vaguely looked like what it was supposed to be. I paid for my meal and sat down at me and Ashleigh's usual lunch table from the first semester.

I looked around, but I didn't see Quinton anywhere.

"What are you looking for?" Rachel, my other best friend, asked as she took a seat next to me. She had light brown hair and blue eyes. She was the tallest of us three, whereas Ashleigh was the shortest.

"Nothing," I replied looking down at my food.

"This is disgusting!" Ashleigh cried after the first bite of what she thought was supposed to be steak.

"It's chicken," Rachel said. "My grandma used to work for a school cafeteria," She stated.

I dropped my fork and said, "I'm not eating this."

"Me either," Ashleigh stated.

"That's why I bring my lunch," Rachel threw in.

Me and Ashleigh just glared at her. She shrugged as she bit into her apple.

"So where's this mystery guy?" Ashleigh asked.

"What mystery guy?" Rachel asked curiously.

"The cute mystery guy Lacey likes."

"So that's who you were looking for," Rachel stated.

"I don't see him," I replied.

"Maybe he's out in the commons?" Rachel suggested.

"Maybe," I replied as disappointment crossed my features.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please subscribe.

Comments are nice too. =]

Rewritten