Status: Next update: sometime soon

The Drug Years

I Hate Feeling Like This

Quinton's point of view
================


I was sitting in my car with Jaden and Greg. They were my best friends, sort of. We mostly became friends from a common interest, and that was getting high.

Sure we talked about guy stuff, but not that often. We almost always were stoned. Even at school sometimes, but not today. I thought. Today I hadn't taken anything at all, and I was shaking uncontrollably by the time lunch came. I was good at hiding my withdrawal. It was a talent.

"Here," Greg said as he handed me a joint. I took it quickly and breathed in feeling myself loosen up from a long day of reality. I passed it to Jaden and he quickly pushed it back into my direction.

Confused, I asked, "What's wrong dude?"

"I'm trying to stop," he admitted running his hand through his brown hair.

"What and why?" Greg asked.

"I just...I just hate feeling like my life is being wasted," Jaden finally spat out.

"You're loss then," Greg said pulling the joint from me to take another hit before dropping it on the ground and steping on it.

Lunch was almost over and I knew I would have to go back to class. Even in the state I was in, I kept thinking of her. Lacey, I think her name was. I vaguely remembered this morning, but I could never forget her. She was very pretty and smart and good. Unlike me. I was kicked out of my own fucking home.

No one could love me. I was always pushing everyone away, so they never could get the chance.

The bell rung and I lifted myself off of my car.

"Let's get to class," the vice principal said, walking our way.

Shit, I thought. We were caught.

"Yes sir," Jaden responded pulling me and Greg along with him. "Don't talk," he whispered to us. "If you do, we'll all get suspended."

I was about to protest, but quickly shut my mouth. I couldn't get suspended for two reasons. One, I wouldn't have a place to stay. And Two, I couldn't go a day without seeing Lacey, much less a week.

Jaden escorted us to our proper classes. Thankfully he wasn't stoned or I would have gone into the wrong class.

I sat down with my head on my desk.

"Are you OK?" A small voice asked.

I looked up to see Lacey, her bangs falling into her face slightly and her eyes showing real concern. She smiled a little before sitting down behind me.

I just nodded my head and laid it back on the desk ignoring her for the rest of the class. She deserved better than me.

I decided that I wouldn't bring her into my crappy world. She didn't need to worry about me. I was just wasted space.

Lacey point of view
================


He wasn't at lunch, but when I entered the classroom he had his head laying on his desk, his long hair falling haphazardly around him.

"Are you OK?" I asked him.

He looked up at me with conflict in his brilliant blue eyes. I expected him to say something, but nothing came. I smiled at him, trying to encourage him to let me in. But still nothing, so I sat down. He didn't turn my way, but he nodded his head and laid it back down.

I tried to get his attention, but either he didn't notice, or he was ignoring me. I was beginning to worry. Something was wrong, but he wasn't going to tell me what it was.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I don't really know much about drugs...so if something isn't right or if you have some helpful info please leave it in a comment. =]

I changed the main guy characters name. just in case you read and it's different.

Rewritten