Status: Next update: sometime soon

The Drug Years

I'm So Tired Of Trying To Fight This

Lacey's point of View
================


For the rest of the class I tried to ignore him too, but it was really hard. I wanted to make sure he was OK, but I knew I shouldn't bother him. The bell rang and I was off to art, the only thing I was good at.

"Are you going to tell us who this mystery boy is?" Rachel asked as her and Ashleigh both popped up beside me as I walked down the hall.

"No, I'll show him to you when I see him and I haven't seen him when you two are around, sooooo..." I dragged out and shrugged my shoulders.

I continued walking, but they both stopped. "You're going to tell us soon?" Ashleigh asked.

"Of course," I turned around and yelled back. Satisfied with that answer they both turned into their next class, which they luckily had together.

====

In art class, nothing really happened except for the paint explosion. We were supposed to be creating abstract paintings, but the whole class period everyone was cleaning up paint. Stacy Travers was trying to open a jar of hot pink paint, but she managed to send it flying everywhere. It was hilarious until the teacher made everyone help clean it up.

====

I walked outside to my car. The sun was slightly peaking through the clouds. A slight breeze blew my bangs into my eyes and I reach up to fix the chaos. Once I managed to fix my hair, I noticed there waiting at my car, was Rachel and Ashleigh with angry expressions on their faces.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I hate him! I fucking hate him!" Ashleigh yelled with her fists clenched.

"Hate who?" I was confused.

"That Quinton kid," Rachel informed me.

My stomach did a flip from hearing his name.

"What did he do?" I asked trying to keep my voice calm and not give anything away.

"Does it matter?" Ashleigh screamed.

I turned towards Rachel who was much calmer than Ashleigh was at the moment. "It was nothing really," Rachel tried to assure me.

"Nothing? You call coming into class high, nothing?" Ashleigh yelled, though it wasn't as loud as before. "And getting away with it too! Ugh!" She threw her hands up to the sky before slinking down against her car that was parked crookedly beside mine.

"What happened exactly?" I asked soothingly, trying to calm her down.

"It doesn't matter what he did. I just really fucking hate him."

"OK then," I said wishing she would tell me what had happened, but I was afraid to push the subject. I pushed my hair back behind my ear. Quinton. The cute boy who noticed me, was a druggie. Of course it would be impossible for me to find a normal boy to like.

I mentally sighed. I really did like him, but I couldn't. I couldn't allow myself to. Plus, I had only just met him. How could I like him? I didn't know him.

"I should go home," I told them both.

"K, fine. See you tomorrow," Ash said.

"Bye," Rachel called.

I hopped into my car and left heading home. I pulled into my driveway and parked next to the trash can that was set next to the garage. I got out and walked up the slate pathway to the plain white door. No one was home yet thankfully, so I could do some thinking by myself.

I pulled out my pink house key and opened the door, letting my cat run outside for a few hours. I walked past the kitchen and into my room, dropping my stuff on the floor. I jumped onto my bed, and laid there for thirty minutes thinking.

"I can like him. I just can't let anyone know," I said aloud to myself. " I can't fight it. I can't choose who I like." I sighed before getting up and grabbing an apple for a snack from the kitchen.

Quinton's point of view
==================


"You can stay at my house," Jaden offered.

"That would be great," I replied grateful.

On the way to his house I couldn't stop thinking about Lacey. I mean she was beautiful and everything a girl should be. I promised myself I wouldn't get her wrapped up in my fucked up life, but I was so tired of trying to fight this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just in case you didn't see on the last chapter...I change the name of the main guy character.

Please comment and tell me how I'm doing with this story. =D

Rewritten