Status: Next update: sometime soon

The Drug Years

Surprise me

Lacey's point of view
===================


The car ride to school was silent. The only noise heard was the purr of the engine. I sat in the passenger seat and stared out of the window, watching the world pass by me.

"Why are you treating me like a prisoner?" I asked breaking the silence.

"You are being treated much better than a prisoner," my mother responded.

I just rolled my eyes and looked back out the window. I saw the school approaching and became really excited. School was now my only escape. My only place for refuge.

I unbuckled the seat belt and practically hopped out of my mother's car while it was still moving. "I've arranged for a ride to take you home," my mother called as I sprinted up the steps and into my new favorite place.

I wasn't sure where Quinton would be, but I needed to find him. I had a limited amount of time with him, and I wasn't going to waste it. He leaned casually against my locker as if he owned it. His black hair falling into his face, covering up his very pretty blue eyes, that I adored.

"Hello Ace," he greeted as I approached him.

"Hi," I said softly. "Sleep well?" I asked smiling sheepishly.

"Of course," he replied smiling back at me.

I began to open my locker and once it was open, I pulled out all my necessary items that I needed. "Have you seen Ashleigh?" I asked, shutting my locker at the same time.

"Nope, why?" He asked confused.

I just smiled and shook my head. "No reason," I finally said.

Quinton examined me, wondering what was going on inside my mind. To be honest, I wasn't sure myself, but I needed to find Ashleigh and have a lovely chat with her.

Well maybe it would be more like a lovely yell. She was dead to me and I wanted nothing to do with her, but I needed to make her feel hurt. She stabbed me in the back by going to my parents and telling them about me and Quinton's sex life.

The bell rung and he grabbed my hand and pulled me to Chemistry. I was too distracted to even notice. A plan was running through my mind and I needed to figure out a way to make it work. But how?

That was the only question that stopped me now...

...and Quinton's voice asking me if I was ok. That also stopped me, for just a second.

"I'm fine," I replied not even trying to hide the fact that I didn't meet his gaze. He knew I was lying. He knew me way too well, and I knew nothing about him besides the bad things in his life. This didn't seem fair, but my mind was too busy concocting a plan to get my revenge on Ashleigh.

I sat down beside him.

"Please don't do anything rash," he whispered.

"I won't," I replied.

"Your teacher is out sick today," an elderly lady spoke as she walked up to the dry erase board and wrote 'Mrs. Harper' onto it. Her hair was white as snow and her face was wrinkled around her eyes and forehead. "So I'll be substituting for her."

Quinton raised his hand quickly.

"Yes, young man," she pointed to him.

"I forgot something, may I go get it?" He asked.

This snapped me to reality. What was he doing? Because I knew for a fact that he had forgotten nothing.

"Yes you may," she replied. He stood up with his book bag in his hand and exited the classroom. I knew he probably wouldn't return. I looked down at my desk angry that he was leaving me, when I noticed a small folded piece of paper.

I secretly opened it and read:

Ace, in five minutes ask to go to the bathroom and bring your stuff. Meet at the place we met when you were angry at me. ~Quinton

Only one thing came to mind, he wanted to ditch this place. Obviously he didn't want me to get in trouble, so he was protecting me from myself. I sighed. Revenge did seem too rash, and I wasn't one for revenge. I didn't usually hold grudges, so this behavior from me was not normal.

I raised my hand slowly, "Can I go to the bathroom, please?" I asked politely.

"Yes, dear," the lady replied. I stood up and left with my stuff. I snuck downstairs and outside ending up outside of the gym.

Quinton was there smoking something, but I wasn't sure if it was just a cigarette or a joint.

"Took you long enough," he said laughing slightly. "Let's go!" He said walking towards the student parking lot.

"To where?" I asked.

"To anywhere, but here," he replied.

"But my parents will find out." I mentally smacked myself. I sounded like a good girl, and that wasn't me anymore.

He inhaled and exhaled deeply. "Ok then let's go back," he said begining to walk back towards the school.

I just giggled at him. "You're high," I stated. "And to think, you were only alone for a few minutes." I shook my head and laughed.

"I am not high...yet," he replied.

"Let's go somewhere."

"Ok," he agreed picking me up at my waist and carrying me to his car.

"Put me down!" I demanded.

"No, this is so you can't change your mind," he replied, opening his car's passenger door and setting me inside.

I just laughed at him.

He shut the door and walked over to the driver's side, getting in, and starting the car. "Where to?" He asked.

"Surprise me," I replied.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am sooo, sooo, sooo sorrryyyy!!!!!
I haven't updated in a few weeks. =[ Please forgive me! I beg you!

I tried to make this chapter long to make it up to you. I'll even try to update sooner this week.

Comments would be lovely. They will let me know you forgive me. I will make this up to you somehow! Just let me know how, and I'll see if I can do it!