Status: Next update: sometime soon

The Drug Years

This Girl Was Perfect

ch. 46

Lacey's point of view
==================


I never made it to my class. I walked up to the door then turned around and began to wander the halls. Not one teacher or administrator stopped me. I guess I looked innocent enough. Now I was anything but innocent.

Dating a drug addict. Having everyone hear about me sleeping with him. Fighting with my now ex-best friend. Being grounded for eternity.

Nothing really was going my way now, but there was one thing I was sure of. I loved Quinton, so all the drama and bad stuff was worth it. He was worth it.

I knew how I felt towards him, but was unsure of his feelings towards me. I knew he loved me as well, but I didn't know if he loved me more than Grace. Sure he says he does, but was it true? I sure hoped so because I had given Quinton one thing that could never get back.

If I met Grace, what would she say? Would we be capable of being friends? I doubt that. She probably hated me for taking Quinton away from her. But I didn't hate her. Maybe because I had him, so there was no reason for me to hate her.

I wandered around until the bell rung.

Time to go back to my jail cell. I sighed before walking out to parent drive. Right out front was my mother. She was reading a book to pass the time. Her hair was pulled back into a messy pony tail. She looked up and saw me standing there staring at her. She motioned impatiently for me to come and I obliged.

I was very tempted to run, but I felt like she had hidden security guards watching me. I knew that wasn't true, but it felt like something she would do, and I didn't want to take the chance to find out.

"Good day?" She questioned as I got into her car and fastened the seat belt.

"Yes," I replied.

She put the car into drive and drove us back to our house. Once there, I walked straight to my room and locked the door.

Quinton's point of view
===================


The school bell rang and I walked quickly to my car. I had received a text from Grace saying she wanted to talk to me about something. I didn't want to go see her, but she insisted that it was very urgent.

She was always overly dramatic, and every little insignificant thing was important in her world. So I decided to amuse her and go see what she wanted.

She lived an hour away in the city. I approached her parents loft and rang the door buzzer.

"Yes?" A voice from the speaker said.

"It's Quinton," I replied. The door buzzed once more and I opened it and walked in. She lived on the top floor, but this building didn't have an elevator, so I climbed the steps all the way to her loft.

I knocked on the door and she opened it. She wore a spaghetti tank top and short shorts. I could tell she had some sort of plan if she was dressing like this for me.

"Quin, come in," she motioned for me to walk in, so I did.

"Parents home?" I asked curiously.

"No, they are on a vacation cruise. Going somewhere in the Bahama's," she stated simply.

I followed her into her room and she shut the door behind us.

"What is up?" I asked annoyed by her slightly.

"You act like you hate me, but I know that you love me or at least did. You act like I'm the devil or something. Then your off fucking some other chick while I know you are thinking of me."

"You're so full of yourself," I laughed.

"Oh come on. I know you like it. You wouldn't have come here if you hated me. You wouldn't have followed me into my bedroom if you disliked me. You wouldn't have stayed once I shut the door if you thought I was conceited. You love me."

"How can you even think that I love you?"

"Because I love you and we've been through a lot. More than anyone has had to go through before. We've cheated and lied and still come back to each other time and time again. This girl you claim to love more than me Will become another girl on your list. Another virgin deflowered by you," she smirked at this.

"Fuck you," I replied.

"You have," she smiled.

"What the fuck do you want so I can leave this place?"

"There are too many things Hun," she sat down on her bed and patted the spot next to her. "Come sit."

My mind flashed to Lacey and I knew what I had to do. "Just tell me what you want," I demanded, but she just shook her head laughing.

"I make up the rules in this game. You sit here and then I'll let you know what comes next."

Jaden's point of view
=================


I was tired of staying home. Tired of losing my mind over a girl. Sure she broke up with me, but I was going to break up with her, so why did I care. I should be happy. I should be shouting from the roof tops that I was eligible now. I could now date whoever I wanted because I was not in a relationship anymore.

I lifted myself from my bed and made my way downstairs. I dug through the laundry for some clean clothes and changed. Then I hopped into my car and drove to the mall because what better place was there to find a chick.

I arrived and parked near one of the department stores. I wasn't paying much attention as to which one it was because my mind was too focused on finding a new girlfriend.

I walked around the mall several times, but there was not any suitable picks anywhere. I sat down against a wall. What was wrong with me? Why did I need a girlfriend so badly? Couldn't I be happy being single for once?

I sighed.

"Are you OK?" A small voice asked.

I looked up at her. She was certainly very pretty. "Yeah I'm fine," I replied a few moments later. "What's your name?"

"I'm Taylor," she smiled. "You?"

"I'm Jaden."

"Nice to meet you." Her smile never faded from her lips. "Do you mind if I join you?"

"No, not at all," I replied quickly.

She sat down besides me smiling and laughing at all my dumb jokes. She certainly was worth being friends with. Hopefully, maybe, even something more.

"You're funny," she said after I told a joke about an orange and a monkey. "There aren't many guys like you out there."

"Thanks," I replied smiling at her complement.

"Want to go grab a cup of coffee?" She asked.

"Yes, of course," I smiled at her boldness. Not many girls were brave enough to ask a guy out. We stood up.

"Where did you park?" She asked smiling.

"Um..." I cursed myself mentally for not paying attention. "At a department store," I stated.

"Which one silly?" She laughed.

"That's a good question," I replied and she smiled.

"Well let's go find it then."

This girl was perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
OK, so I will admit that this chapter is not super long, but I'm completely tired from yesterday. Ha ha. This is what shopping at three in the morning does to me. It completely messes up all my schedules. So I decided to add a new character into the mix because a while back one of you asked me if you could be with Jaden. So this goes out to you. =]

The next update will be super long to make up for this one being not super long. =D

Keep up the comments cause they make me happy and want to continue writing. =]

I'll give another shout out next update, cause I haven't done one in a while. Ha ha.

Tell me what you think will happen next, cause I want to know what you think. =]

Next update: sometime next week, so be on the lookout. =)