Status: Next update: sometime soon

The Drug Years

It's a Long Story

Lacey's point of view
=================


I knew Quinton would show up at my window eventually, so I just occupied my mind by reading. It wasn't something I did often, but since I was grounded, what did I have to lose? Nothing.

I walked to a shelf and opened up the first book I touched. I wandered back to my bed and began to read. I read until I heard a tap outside my window. Then I closed the book and placed it back where I found it.

Walking to the window, I glanced at the clock and saw that it was already past nine.

"You're coming a little late, don't you think?" I asked as I opened the window.

"Sorry, I got tied up," Quinton apologized as he climbed in.

"Tied up with what?" I questioned.

"It's a long story," he sighed. "I don't want to talk about it now." He walked to my bed and plopped down.

"Are you sure?" I asked confused.

"Yeah," he replied. "It's not important right now."

I was still perplexed by what had happened. Something he didn't want to tell me. Something that might hurt me? I wanted to press further but I knew it wouldn't work. He rarely shared things with me to begin with.

"What do you want to do tonight?" I asked after a few moments of silence.

He looked up at me and shrugged. Usually he had some idea of what he wanted to do. Usually it was sex, but something else was on his mind. And it didn't involve me either.

I sighed. "What's wrong?" I asked. I wasn't sure if I really wanted to know.

He stood up from my bed and walked towards me. "I love you," he whispered into my ear.

I woke up a few hours later. It was still only three in the morning but I felt wide awake. I looked beside me and saw that Quinton was up as well. He stared at the ceiling, his long hair sticking to his face.

"I'm sorry," he turned to me once he realized that I was awake.

"For what?" I asked. He wasn't making much sense lately and I was starting to get worried. I could tell he was trying to decide if he should tell me or not. "Just tell me," I said a loud accidentally. I was getting impatient with him. I watched him for what felt like forever. He looked towards the ceiling before turning back to look me straight in my eyes.

"I slept with Grace before I came over here," he stated.
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG I AM SOOOO SORRY!
It's been like over from some major writer's block.
Sorry for the short chapter. I just wanted to give you something instead of nothing.

Share your ideas with me. ;) What do you think will happen next?
Comments make me happy! =D
Once again, I am truly very sorry.