Status: Next update: sometime soon

The Drug Years

I'm Asleep And All I Dream Is Waking To You

Quinton's point of view
====================


"Thanks for letting me stay here," I told Jaden as I fell onto the spare bed he pulled out for me.

"No problem dude," he replied walking to his own bed and laying down.

I fell quickly asleep.

I was walking in the hallway at school. I don't know why because it was night and I was alone wondering the halls.

"There you are," a familiar voice called out to me.

I turned trying to identify the speaker. No one was around. I was alone.

"Over here," it called again, this time coming from a closed door.

I opened it and walked in slowly.

Inside was a small girl. She had dark, long brown hair and brown eyes. She looked about seven, and I wasn't sure why she was here at a high school at night.

"Are you OK?" She asked growing taller right before my eyes. Her hair was now black and cut short.

Lacey, I thought.

She moved seductively towards me. "I'm fine," I heard myself say.

"I don't think so," she said with a pout.

She was inches away now.

Is this a dream? I really hope not.

"What about Grace?" She asked.

"Who?" I tried thinking. The name sounded familiar, like it once had a meaning to me.

"Your girlfriend," she stated running her hands through my hair.

Damn, I forgot about her. She didn't go to this school, but I really needed to end things with her. I hadn't seen her in weeks, and we were slowly growing apart.

"We're history," I told Lacey.

"Good." She leaned in closer, lips centimeters away from mine.


BEEP, BEEP, BEEP! The alarm screamed.

"What the fuck?" I said aloud to Jaden.

"Sorry dude. It's time to get up," he said pushing my shoulder.

"Why?" I asked half asleep.

"School," was all he said.

"Wake me in five minutes," I replied and fell into a dreamless sleep.

"Come on!" Someone was nudging me gently.

"Lacey?" I mumbled.

"No, it's Jaden. We're going to be late if you don't wake up!"

"Late for what?" I asked grumpily.

"School!" He shouted in my ear and I jumped up out of the bed and landed on the floor.

I grabbed some clothes out of my backpack and changed quickly. "Let's go," Jaden urged.

"I'm ready, I'm ready," I replied.

We both got into his car because I didn't think it was necessary to take mine also to the same place. It would've been a waste of gas and money that I didn't have.

I didn't have a job, and I didn't want one, but I would need to find one if I didn't want to live on the streets for the rest of my life.

Or I could just go back home, I thought. No! I wasn't welcome there. I was kicked out and for all I knew they could've sold all my stuff by now.

We pulled up to the school late for class.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please leave a comment!
I like getting them. It makes me write faster.

Rewritten