Status: Next update: sometime soon

The Drug Years

Tell Me That You Will Listen

Lacey's point of view
====================


Quinton wasn't in first when I walked in. My heart sank and I felt as though my day would be boring and dreadful. "Please take out your lab notebooks," the teacher called out to the class.

I did as instructed and we began a lab, that I had to do all by myself. I was beginning to think this day couldn't have gotten any worse, when guess who walked in?

Quinton.

"Sorry, I'm late," he apologized to Mrs. Johnston.

She just waved her hand in my direction as if she was too good to communicate with the bad boy.

"I have to talk to you," he whispered to me as he set his book bag down and pulled out his lab notebook.

"Are you talking to me?" I asked sarcastically.

"Yes, please forgive me for being a jerk and let me explain. Please! Tell me you'll listen to me," he begged.

"Fine," I said giving into his cute, puppy dog eyes.

"Not now though. Later."

"Fine," I said. "Whatever."

We completed the lab without much talking.

The bell was going to ring soon, so I packed up my things and made my way to stand at the door. I was almost there when Quinton grabbed my arm.

"What do you want?" I whisper yelled at him.

He just handed me a piece of paper before leaving out the door even though the bell had yet to ring.

I opened it and it read:

Meet me outside of the gym during lunch. Tell no one. Not even your friends.

I crumpled the paper into a ball and threw it into the trash can a few feet away. I was slightly shocked at the fact that it went in. I was a terrible thrower. The bell rang at the exact moment the paper landed into the bin.

===

"You look like someone just ran you over with a bulldozer," Ashleigh said as I took my seat next to hers in Pre-Calculus.

"That bad, huh?" I asked not really caring at what she had to say.

She flipped her blond hair out of her face before turning back to me. "What's wrong? I know when something isn't right, and one look at you tells me something is definitely wrong."

"It's nothing. I'm just mad at my lab partner for ignoring me, that's all."

"Are you sure that's it?" She asked skeptically, her blue-green eyes peircing into me.

"Yep," I snapped at her.

"Fine," she just rolled her eyes. We basically ignored each other for the rest of the class. She didn't even acknowledge me as we left for our third period.

I walked into English expecting Quinton to be sitting in the desk in front of mine, but Colby Clayton was sitting there instead. Confused, I walked to my desk and sat down only to find that Quinton had switched seats with Colby and was now sitting on the other side of the room.

What the fuck is his problem, I thought.

First he wants to talk to me, but he moves his seat far away so that we can't talk. I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to change lab partners in Chemistry.

He looked my way and I just glared at him with hatred in my expression. He knew I was angry at him, but to be honest I wasn't really sure why I was so mad at him. I didn't even know him.

I just felt like I needed to hate him. Not really sure why though. Maybe he could explain at lunch or maybe give me some valid reason to hate him.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's a short chapter, sorry. Also sorry for not updating often, my mind is being occupied by other things.

Comments equal Motivation which equals faster updates! =]

Rewritten