Status: Next update: sometime soon

The Drug Years

Your Touch Is All I'm Missing

Lacey's point of view
====================


As soon as the lunch bell rang, Quinton jumped up from his seat and practically ran out the door. I grumbled quietly to myself before exiting the class behind the excited students. I still didn't understand what was so exciting about cafeteria food. Maybe I never will...

I walked down the hallway to the stairwell. At the bottom of the stairs, were two doors. I quietly opened one of them and sneakily snuck out of the school. I couldn't let any administration see me or they might think I was skipping school.

I walked around the back of the school until I arrived behind the gym where Quinton was patiently waiting. He leaned against the brick building casually.

He looked up at me, his blue eyes shining brightly in the sun and his black hair falling gently around his face. "I didn't think you'd come," he said blushing slightly. Never before had I seen a guy blush. Truly blush. It was crazy that I had some sort of effect on this boy.

I was about to smile, but I quickly hid it with a cough. He just smirked at me as if he could tell I was going to smile.

Third Point of view
===================

"I'm here. What do you want?" Lacey said trying to sound like she didn't care about him at all. It was very hard and she doubted he believed it. She was a bad actor.

"Was your day good?" He asked instead, dancing around another subject he wasn't sure he wanted to bring up.

"Was my day good? Is that all your going to ask? Just for your info, my day was horrible because a certain someone was ignoring me all day and I don't know why!" She exploded all the thoughts she didn't want him to know.

She couldn't help herself though. Every time she was around him, she wanted to spill her deepest secrets to him. Like the fact that seeing him made something knot in her stomach. Or even hearing his voice, made her happy. Especially if he was talking to her. Normally she was shy around boys, but something about Quinton made her want to talk. She wanted him to know her, just as much as she wanted to know him back.

"Look, let me explain...later." He ran his hand through his hair nervously. Obviously this was a sore topic for him.

"Later? When is later going to come? Because later is the only response I ever get from you!"

"I know you're mad at me for ignoring you, but you don't understand. You should stay away from me. I'm not--"

"Don't pull any of that Twilight crap with me!"

"What are you talking about?"

"You're going to say, 'I'm not good for you, so I'm going to leave you for your own good.'"

"Is that from a book or something?" He asked never hearing about this "Twilight" thing before, but then again he mostly spent his nights so stoned and drunk he didn't remember a thing.

Lacey just rolled her eyes and dropped the subject. She crossed her arms around her chest and looked down to the ground. She didn't want to explain anything to this boy, who wouldn't tell her anything.

A strong wind picked up and Lacey forgot her jacket inside the classroom. She shivered involuntarily, and Quinton noticed this. He moved closer to her slowly, afraid that she would snap at him for trying to warm her.

He noticed she did nothing concerning his movements, so he wrapped his arms around her.

A shock of electricity ran through both of them. It wasn't painful, it was more like a spark. Something neither had ever experienced before. They both jumped apart from each other.

"We should go back in," Lacey suggested suddenly as she rubbed one arm in a nervous motion. She never thought that she would want to touch Quinton so badly. Letting go felt, almost, wrong to her.

"Yeah," he agreed quickly. He motioned for her to go first and they both snuck back into the school without getting caught.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not updating quickly. I've been busy with school and stuff.
Enjoy! =]
Comment please!