Teardrops on my pointe shoes, guitar and mask

We Are Broken

A month went by, and soon enough, the GazettE went on a tour with their new star, Dominika, who had already 10 songs on the GazettE CD’s. The boys were very excited, after all, it was a live, but Dominika, Maggie and Petra were stressed out of their minds. When they came to Yokohama, the first live, Maggie, Petra and Dominika realized the concert hall was HUGE. When they told that to the guys, Ruki scoffed.

“Meh. We’ve been in bigger.”

“We’ve been in bigger? It’s huge!” Maggie yelled, as she ran a hand through her hair nervously.

“What is it, Johnes? Scared?” Ruki teased her. She glared at him; grabbed Reita’s lighter and threw it at his head. It his him in the side of it. Maggie imitated Ruki’s scoff.

“Meh. Missed. Was aiming for your forehead, so there would be a time when you have a lump somewhere else.” She heard Kai’s laugh behind her.

“And this is Maggie-chan.” He introduced her to someone. She froze.

“Please tell me there’s not a camera behind me.” She said to Aoi. He laughed.

“I wish I could…but…there is.”

“Crap.” She turned around slowly, looked at the camera. Maggie saw Petra behind them, and she smoothed out her clothes with her fingers.

“Flash Hollywood smile no. 6.” Petra whispered loudly.

“Which one is Hollywood smile no. 6?” She asked.

“Piranha style.” Petra advised. Maggie grinned.

“Well, um! Hey! I’m Maggie! And I’m going to…what the hell am I going to do here?” She asked herself as she pushed past Kai, who laughed. The camera turned to Petra.

“Hey everybody! I’m Petra!” She laughed at the sight of Maggie banging her head against the wall.

“And don’t mind that lunatic. She forgot to take her pi-“

“I GOT IT!” Maggie screeched victoriously. Petra looked shocked.

“Don’t say that in front of the camera, buke! Go to the toilet and change, for freaking god!” Petra whispered urgently.

“What the hell are you talking about?” Asked Maggie with a big grin as she came over to her.

“Dude, you got your…monthly gift and you’re happy about it?” Maggie understood now.

“Oh, EW! GOD NO!” She slapped Petra’s head.

“Why do you always think about stuff like that?”

“Well, you said I got it!” Petra argued, as the camera shook, when the cameraman laughed.

“Not that, buke!” She hit her again.

“I know what we’ll be doing here! Comon!” She grabbed her hand and dragged her down the hallway.

“And we’re still trying to figure out what’s wrong with them.” Kai said to the camera and the Gaze boys laughed.

“Good luck, I tried to do that for about 10 years.” Dominika said, as she came into view.

“Ah, Domu-chan.” The cameraman greeted her.

She smiled and bowed down.

“Well hello!” She called and laughed.

“How are you feeling before your first live?” He asked her. She lifted her hands up, to show the camera they were shaking like crazy.

“Probably like this. This is my first big concert, and I’m sure I’ll screw up. So please, if I trip, have sudden word vomit, or, god I hope not, actual vomit, ignore it. And ignore everything and anything those two have in store for you. Only notice them if they’re cool or they’re dying.” She bowed again and the band laughed.

“Do you mind if we have a chat with you?” The cameraman asked. Dominika shook her head.

“No, not at all. Comon, let’s sit.” She invited him inside the room.

The concert was crazy. Petra and Maggie stayed up in cages for the hell rock look and when Dominika got out singing, they got of their cages to dance to every song she was going to sing. The fans loved Dominika, their enthusiasm could be compared to when Ruki got out on the stage for the first time. Dominika didn’t make any mistake, only one, she tripped and fell, but she played along and sang on the ground near Kai, until Reita didn’t offer her his hand, so she could stand up. Petra and Maggie weren’t only dancing. During songs like Nausea and Shudder, Defective Tragedy or Burial Applicant, they sang along, screamed at the top of their lungs, to create a horror touch to the songs. That also encouraged other girls to scream alone with them and the whole hall was singing along with Ruki, Maggie, Dominika and Petra. Very crazy, indeed. Petra and Maggie got out of their cages when the fans were leaving. Petra felt the adrenalin pumping in her veins, making her feel like she could be able to jump to the moon. She skipped backstage, a big smile on her face, happy that the concert went well. She first went to the girls’ dressing room, but seeing no one was there, she got over to the guys room. She was drinking a coke, when she stepped inside. Petra saw Reita lying on the ground. She first thought he was being silly or something, but when she saw the rug on his face, the coke slipped through her fingers. Reita passed out?! She saw a woman walking around him, tending to him and a man leaning over the desk. She thought he was looking for something, but when he straightened up, her blood ran cold. Kai pushed away from the desk, tumbled over his own steps and leaning heavily against the rack of clothing. He looked up at her, his face pained and exhausted. He took another step to her, but now he fell on the ground.

“Bože můj.” She whispered in Slovak, her home language, paralyzed so hard, she couldn’t use Japanese. She rushed to Kai, who crawled over to the bucket full of ice and dug his hands into it.

“Oh, Kai.” She chanted like a mantra, as she fell down on her knees and lifter Kai’s head up with both of her hands. Kai’s eyes were unfocused; he looked at her questioningly, as if he didn’t know her.

“Oh, my poor Kai.” She moaned quietly, as she wiped the sweat on his forehead with her hand. She then noticed two converse sneakers standing in front of her.

“Miss, I would want you to step away from Kai-san, so I could tend to him.” The girl said politely, but Petra right now was scared too much, that politeness didn’t help. It made it worse and it angered Petra.

“You step away before I fucking hurt you, I fucking know how to tend to my fucking crush.” She growled at her, looking into the pair of brown, now shocked eyes.

“But Miss-“She tried to protest.

“I. Will. Hurt. You.” Petra spelled out for her, to understand her treat. Right now she was in defensive mode, and she would kick ass without taking names. The girls stepped back and turned to Reita, who groaned and took the wet rug off his face.

“Pet...Pet-chan?” A tired voice came from Kai. She turned her face to him.

“Hai?” She asked him quietly.

“I’m tired. It hurts.” He whimpered quietly as his eyes closed. Petra got even more freaked and tears pushed into her eyes.

“Oh, Yukkun.” She used his old nickname with a watery voice. She took his hands out of the bucket, to find big blisters on his palms. Petra flung them around her neck and turned him, so he was more-less sitting.

“Hold on tight.” She whispered, as she attempted to pick him up. His body was heavy and she was shaking, so she got up with a stumble. Kai laid his head on her shoulder, as Petra tried to lie him down on the bed-like furniture as quickly and as gently as possible. She de-attached his arms, as she stood up, to find Uruha walked into the room. He tumbled to the chair and sat down heavily. Petra took out a cold bottle of water and gave it to him.

“I don’t drink water after lives.” He argued quietly, as he wanted to place the bottle on the desk before him.

“Please chug it down. For my sake.” She begged him, more tears coming up. Uruha looked at her.

“You saw Kai?” He asked and Petra nodded, wiping the tear that escaped her eyes.

“Don’t worry, he’ll be fine.” He assured her, but it didn’t work.

“He’ll be fine?! What the hell is wrong with you guys?” She asked him angrily.

“Where…where is Dominika? And Maggie?” She asked Ruki, who just got through the door and sat on the ground.

“Don’t worry. They’re fine.” He managed to say. Petra walked up to him.

“Yeah, like you are, right? Comon. Up. You can’t lie on the ground.” She helped him stand. Ruki heavily leaned against Petra and she wrapped an arm around his waist to hold in the balance. She sat him on the second part of the bed-like furniture. Ruki fell on his side and he let Petra to take off his shoes and place his legs on the furniture.

“Pet-chan.” Kai moaned from the other part. Petra grabbed two bottles of water, which froze from the inside. She got to Kai and sat on the side where his head was. She placed each bottle in his bruised, blistery hands to cool off.

“Hai, hai, Yukkun. I’m here.” She said, not being able to hold the tears.

“I’m tired. Sleepy.” He moaned, looking up at her. She grasped his head again, lifter it up and placed it in her lap.

“Here. Best pillow I can find right now.” Her voice hitched in her throat. He looked up at her for a while.

“You know your eyes are beautiful?” He asked her, trying to smile. Petra laughed sadly.

“How tired are you? Sleep now.” She told him quietly, as she leaned down and kissed his forehead.

“Dobrú noc.” She whispered as she wiped the wet hair from his face. Kai turned so his face was facing Petra’s stomach, wrapped his arms around her waist and snuggled closer to her. As soon as his breathing evened and he started snoring lightly, Petra sighed, leaned back against the wall, and comber his hair with her fingers unconsciously, letting the tears fall freely down her face now.

“Oh, come on! You see, he’s okay, he’s just a little tired.” Uruha tried to calm her. He rolled over to her, because he was sitting in a chair with wheels. But that didn’t help.

“B-but, you scared me!” She wailed quietly, burying her face in her hands.

“I came here, h-happy, p-pumped with ene-energy, fro-from our first live, and Re-Reita…th-then….then Kai…” She wasn’t able to finish.

“Aww, really.” Uruha said in a soothing voice, as he grabbed her hand. He drew circles in it with his thumb, trying to calm her.

“You…you scared me so hard…” She sobbed, hiccupping.

“Next time tell me that you love to pass out after lives.” She whispered, finding she was able to control her voice again. Uruha laughed tiredly. Petra glared at him. She wiped her face once more, but it didn’t really help, because new tears brew and ran down her cheeks. She ran her free hand through Kai’s wet hair.

“Where are the others?” She asked Uruha, not looking at him. Unconsciously, she tightened her grip on Uruha’s hand.

“They’re in the other dressing room. And they are just fine. Last time I saw them they were walking on their own.” He assured her. Petra snorted.

“Last time I saw Reita and Kai they were walking on their own, too.” She yawned. The adrenalin from the shock was wearing off and soon enough, she felt tired, too.

“Uru-chan, don’t you need to lie down, too?” She asked him, as she yawned. Uruha shook his head.

“I’m perfectly fine in the chair. But you look like you need to lie down.”

“When Yukkun will wake up, I’ll snooze off.” She yawned again. Uruha sighed and stood from the chair.

“Okay then. I’m going to check on the others. And no more tears, okay?” He smiled at her, as he kissed her forehead, before leaving. Petra looked after him until Kai didn’t move. She looked down at him, worried that she had awoken him. Kai just mumbled something with a smile. She couldn’t help but smile back.

“Comon. Just for a little bit longer.” She told herself, but no avail. Her body burned up all the energy it had, and Petra found herself slowly leaning over to the side. Since Kai was curled up on his side in a little ball, she gently placed her head on his legs. She was able to stay up only for a few seconds, before drifting away.

Petra woke up to the bed shaking under her. Wait…bed? No. Not bed. She felt a hand around her waist and another on her knees. Her head was placed on someone’s chest, as the chest shook, she slowly opened one eye. When she got used to the light, she saw she was in the big truck right now, on its way to another town. She squirmed around, finding out her arms were around another person’s neck.

“Good morning.” Kai whispered quietly. She looked at him, puzzled.

“Aren’t you supposed to be unconscious?” She asked him, when everything came back to her.

“Oh…OH…” She quickly leaned away from him, but she realized that was a wrong step to make, since her head started pounding and she got dizzy. She held her right side of her head in her hand.

“Ow…oh…emm…you’re supposed….you’re supposed to be resting…” Petra was about to slide off his lap, when the arm on her knees grabbed her left kneecap and the other hand around her waist moved up to her arm and pushed her back on his chest.

“I’m perfectly fine. Don’t worry about me.” He chuckled quietly. Petra sighed. It was hard to fight against him. His chest was too comfortable. His hand that was on her knee, moved up to her waist. Petra looked around. Everybody else was sleeping. Maggie was sitting, curled up on Aoi’s side, with her head on his chest, while Aoi’s arm was holding Maggie to him. His head was placed on Maggie’s, as smiles grazed both of their faces. The two smallest people, Dominika and Ruki, took the only bed. They were lying on their sides, their arms around each other as Ruki’s head was placed gently on Dominika’s collarbones and Dominika’s head was partly on the pillow and against Ruki’s head. Uruha, who was sitting next to them, was playing his game boy before falling asleep. Petra gently leaned over to turn it off and place it in his lap. Reita slept, lying on the rest of the couch.

“How are you feeling?” She asked him quietly as if she was afraid she would wake Uruha up.

“I feel great.” He smiled down at her, squeezing her for emphasis. They were quiet for a while; giving Petra the time to see in her mind Kai’s exhausted, tired and painful face, as he fell on the ground, the moans and whimpers of pain. Tears pushed into her eyes.

“Yukkun?” She asked him quietly.

“Hai?”

“Don’t ever do that to me again.” She murmured quietly.

“Do what?” He asked, confused.

“Don’t ever scare me like that again. It freaked the hell out of me, and I don’t want to go through so much fear again.” She whispered, her eyes leaving his. Kai placed his forehead against hers, making Petra look at him. He smiled.

“I promise.” He softly kissed her, as if he was afraid to hurt her. Petra smiled into the kiss. So caring…

She returned the kiss with a sighed contentedly. Kai took the chance and gently brushed against her tongue with his own. Petra took the hint, tilted her head and opened her mouth. Her hands slowly brushed up his neck, cheeks, temples, until they buried into his black hair. Kai pressed her body to his, one of his hands slowly crept up her shirt, drawing lines down her back. They had to break away for air, red staining their cheeks. No words needed to be said. They knew what they felt to each other. Petra smiled at him and hid her head in the crook of his neck. Kai kissed her forehead and pressed his head against hers, as they enjoyed a quiet way to Osaka.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Four :)