DeadAlive

I had never expected the world to turn out like this. I never once thought that I would be on an island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean with a bunch of raving lunatics as my only companions. Never have I felt the feelings of utter isolation and hopelessness so strongly in my life. In fact, this may be the first time I’ve ever felt them. Depression was always completely foreign to me. However, that was then and this is now.

Getting to now was a difficult journey, and a worthless one at that. Who wanted to fight through immense crowds of rotting, diseased, walking carnivorous corpses for months at a time only to end up at the end of humanity? The only humanity around me now isn’t really dependable mentally. Everyone who was left alive in our group is completely mad, and I find myself slipping into their state more and more every day.

I guess the end is immanent now. We thought that the problem could solve itself, but that would never be the case. I still can’t wrap my head around the fact that there will never be an escape. We will never get out of this – death is the only option. The only positive I can find in this is that we will not die at the hands of the undead. We’ve beaten them the best we could, which is to say not at all. Mankind will be gone completely soon. I can’t help but wonder if it was all meant to be…


- Thursday October Kristian
  1. Diseased
    Things take a rather sudden turn for the worse...