First Act as an Adult

Lunch

Two weeks before our trip my wonderful parents had made a reservation at my favourite restaurant at Disneyland: The Blue Bayou. So we ran across Disneyland to make it to our reservation on time. We arrived at New Orleans Square (which I kept calling the French Quarter) and I squeezed past the crowds and took pictures of the Christmas decorations in the area. It was my favourite area as well as my mothers and it had the best decorations. My dad talked to the host at The Blue Bayou and we went inside to the waiting area. We waited but five minutes before we got to go in.

We were seated near the kitchens and not near the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, which I was fine with. I didn’t need people on a pirate ride staring at me as I ate my lunch. Our waitress gloriously wished me a happy birthday and handed us our menu. I ordered a sprite and my parents ordered their drinks which I don’t remember what they were for I was fascinated by the back of the menu. It was a copper colour and had a Jolly Roger on it; The Black Pearl’s Jolly Roger (with crossed swords instead of bones underneath the skull). I took a picture of it before returning to perusing the menu for something I could eat. There were a couple of things and I decided on the jambalaya. It is a New Orleans themed area and it is either gumbo or jambalaya, since I can’t have gumbo I ordered a salad and jambalaya.

The food, oh the food! It was so delicious. It was a large salad and a large bowl of jambalaya which I sadly could not finish for I also had a large breakfast, and I wish I had some of the jambalaya right now. It had well-cooked rice with andouille sausage, chicken, shrimp, tomato, herbs, and a hint of spice. It was so good, and I still am sad I could not make any more room for the rest. I did share with my parents, mostly my dad since he has five stomachs, and since it was my birthday I got a special treat: a chocolate mousse with Mickey shaped sprinkles and a candle. This was the only candle I got to blow out on my birthday and I forgot to make a wish; depressing I know. I ate all of that chocolate mousse except for one spoonful which was claimed by my father. My mum and I were in love with the sprinkles but we could not find any of them at Disneyland later so that made us sad a bit. We could probably find some on Amazon or something, maybe.

The food was very good as well as the service and the atmosphere. Although you could hardly see your food it was still fun to eat in there. The bathrooms were pretty cool as well, and that’s something to say about a bathroom.

It is worth going to Disneyland just to go eat at the Blue Bayou.
♠ ♠ ♠
Speaking of food, I am really hungry. I haven't eatten since four yesterday at my cousin's first birthday. I should go eat soon.

Thanks for reading, comments appreciated.

-Charlotte