Status: I'm not sure where this story is going, just that... It's going. At least for now. Comments are appreciated, simply 'cause I'm not sure what I wanna do with it.

The Realms

Moira and Annabelle are twins in looks, but opposites in personality. Annabelle is much more powerful than Moira, but she has yet to accept her power. She refuses to believe that it is truly inside her, or that outside forces influenced their father's decision to send them to the academy. Moira, on the other hand, is very in tune with her power, though she uses it very little. The excuse is that she doesn't want to get to attached to her power. When she was young she already knew that the realms had chosen her sister over her. She could feel her power slowly being leached away by her sister. Honestly, she doesn't mind. As wonderful as she sees them, the realms scare her even more than they scare her sister, though she won't admit it.

And speaking of the difference in Moira and Annabelle's ability, there is a reason behind it. Every hundred years or so a chosen one is born with more potential than any other witch. She has a closer connection with the Realms and the spirits, and in the end it is her duty to bring light to the darker side that is also born around the same time. Annabelle and Moira were both born able to be that witch, both had the mark and their enormous ability. But only one could be she, and the realms chose Annabelle. And they began to give her Moria's power, slowly but surely. Moira was just a carrier for the power Annabelle had been given, far too much for a witch to have on her own all at once.