‹ Prequel: Statues Without Eyes

Black Rose

Teething

"Hey, you're Sylar Caine, aren't you?" I heard a voice behind me as I nodded.
"Yeah, that'll be m-" I turned to look at the person to find that I was face to face with Brian Deegan of the Metal Mulisha.
"Yeah, we've been watching you for a while," He smiled as I nodded at him.
"Really?"
"You've created some crazy headlines," He laughed as I rolled my eyes.
"Hopefully you're not talking about those semi-bad ones."
"Well there are those," He leant on a fence post, "But those crazy tricks you've been pulling off."
"I do, do that," I smirked as he chuckled a bit.
"Anyways, why don't you come hang out with us for a while?" He suggested.
"Me? With the Mulisha?"
"Yeah, come on," He motioned his head as I thought about it.
"What about my brother and Caleb?"
"Yeah sure," He smiled, "It'll make it easier for us to talk before you go out there."

As I sat there with the Mulisha, Deegan talked to me about possibly joining their team if I was up to it. I didn't know what to say since I was nervous about it but it would be a huge break that I was looking for.

"I don't know," I looked at him, "I mean here is home. I've got my boyfriend, in which things get kinda shakey between us lately, and then my son."
"You still can train here," Deegan nodded, "You'd just have to come out to California for a month or two to train with us but the rest of the time you can be with your family. You can even bring them out to the compound some time."
"I'll think about it," I smiled as he nodded.
"Understandable," He handed me a piece of paper with his number, "That's my number when you do come to a decision. And if you ever want to just hang out or ride or something."
"Thanks," I smiled as someone told me I was on deck, "Well hey, I'll see you guys later."
"Kick ass," Deegan smiled as I headed out to the track.

After the competition, I ended up placing 3rd in the event that I had competed in. I didn't do much since I was still sore from that last incident with my crazy family on my mom's side. I had planned on doing more but the cuts that were on my wrist were starting to hurt and everything was just starting to hurt.

Once I finished my race, I headed to put my bike away then to find Ryan. Caleb and Kyle went to hang out since he was leaving tomorrow after my run in best trick. Ryan was standing by the fence with Tyler as I walked over to them and gave Ryan a quick kiss.

"You were great," Ryan smiled as I nodded, "Tired?"
"My cuts hurt again," I looked at him as he gave me puppy dog eyes.
"So does that mean we can't go out to dinner?"
"No we can," I nodded at him, "As long as you don't mind me going like this."
"Jeans and a Billabong hoodie?" He smirked, "You look hot."
"I meant all sweaty and dirt still falling off me."
"I could be baby food and milk by time dinner's over," He smirked as I took Tyler from his arms.
"Point," I smiled as he looped his fingers around one of my belt loops as we headed to dinner.

Ryan drove to the resturant as I sat Tyler in the high chair in which Ryan pulled out my chair to let me sit down.

"Thank you," I smiled at him as he sat down at his chair, "I still don't understand why some women hate having men hold doors open for them or men opening a car door or pulling out the chair. I think it's sweet."
"Cause they're boring," He smirked as I gave him a look.
"Or not as girlie."
"You girlie?" He questioned as I gaped at him, "I'm kidding."
"You better be," I threatened as Tyler moved in his chair, "He's so starting to look more like you."
"Is that a good thing?" Ryan smirked as he looked at the menu as I shrugged.
"He'll be a heartbreaker."
"Let's hope not," Ryan looked at me as I gave him a strange look, "If he breaks a girl's heart his mother would kill me."
"Not you," I smirked, "Unless you told him that he should."
"Never," He smiled as the waiter got our drinks as Ryan looked at him, "He loves watching extreme sports."
"Really?" I smiled as I looked at Ryan.
"Yeah, I discovered this while you were in Vegas. They had some skateboard thing on and his eyes were glued to it, he tried to crawl towards the TV."
"Aww," I looked at Tyler, "Scary thought is he'll be walking soon."
"God, that means we have to baby proof the house," Ryan rested his head on his hand as he looked at me.
"Week long project," I nodded as he smirked, "What'd you feed him while I was in Vegas?"
"He loves peas, carrots, any vegetable," Ryan looked at me, "And fruits. This kid is going to be a health nut."
"Maybe," I thought for a second, "But it's baby food, did you eat it to get him to eat it?"
"Well-"
"Oh my god! You ate some of the grossest baby food?"
"Yeah," He made a face, "He had to eat somehow."
"Poor thing," I smirked at Ryan as Tyler got a bit fussy, "You did bring his food right?"
"Yup," He nodded as he reached into the diaper bag to get a jar, "He had a bottle about an hour ago but he's probably hungry now."

Ryan handed me the baby food in jar in which I got t finally feed my son again after a week of not seeing him. Soon after dinner, we headed back home in which Tyler took his bath and went to bed. It was only 11 when I crawled into bed with Ryan since who knows when Tyler will wake up plus I was exhausted from today anyway.

A few hours later, I woke to the sound of a child crying like he wa being murdered as I sprung out of bed, out of Ryan's warm arms to check on Tyler. I turned the light on then walked over to the crib to find Tyler up and crying.

"What's wrong, Ty?" I questioned as I picked him up, checking on him, "I don't think you're hungry and you're not wet."

Tyler kept crying as I tried to bounce him to get him to settle down but he was still throwing a fit.

"Ssh," I bounced him, "Mommy's here."

I looked at him a bit to notice that as his mouth was open, there was a presence of teeth starting to show.

"Oh," I nodded as I tried to get him to calm down, "Your teeth are coming in huh? Let's go see if we've got any carrots or something?"

As I walked towards the door, Tyler was still crying as Ryan stood in front of me with no shirt and the phone.

"Is he ok?" Ryan asked as I nodded.
"The joys of being 4 months," I gave him a light smile, "He's teething."
"Oh," He nodded, "Jesse's on the phone. He says it's important."
"It's important that I've got to get Tyler something for his teeth," I rolled my eyes as Ryan handed me the phone, "We we have any teething toys?"
"No, we'll have to get some tomorrow," He nodded as I walked towards the kitchen.

"Jesse," I mentioned on the phone, "Can you call back in like 15 minutes?"
"Um."
"Seriously, I need to take care of Tyler."
"Ok, but it's important."
"15 minutes, I swear," I mumbled as Tyler still cried in my ear which was starting to suck.

I opened the fridge to find that we had a few carrots left but they weren't that cold. Ryan walked down the stairs as he was now dressed.

"Where are you going?" I asked as he slid some shoes on.
"To get some teething cream for Tyler."
"It's 2 am," I looked at him.
"You have to be up in 5 hours, you need the sleep." Ryan looked at me.
"Thanks," I smiled lightly, "I love you."
"I love you too," He kissed me quickly while placing a small kiss on Tyler's head, "I'll be back as soon as I can."