‹ Prequel: Statues Without Eyes

Black Rose

Clear the Air

The lab was still quiet as I walked down the halls to where Jesse wanted me to meet him. I slowly pulled my sunglasses back as I walked through the building toward the room where I seen Jesse standing in thought as I opened the door.

"Hey," I sighed slightly as I looked at him, "What's up?"
"This is everyhing I have on your killer," Jesse pointed to the table which had 3 files and a box of evidence sitting in front of him, "I'm sorry, I kept it from you."
"This is everything you had?" I questioned as I looked took a seat in front of evidence as he nodded.
"Yeah."
"Did you call Jake?"
"Not yet."
"Why?" I asked as I looked up at him.
"I wanted to talk to you before I did," He sat down across from me, "Sy, do you know how dangerous this guy is?"
"Yeah," I gave him a look, "I don't need you to protect me."
"I don't want anything bad to happen to you."
"Jesse, seriously," I sat back in the chair to look at him, "You don't have to anymore. You cheated on me twice, Anna's leaked that video which about ended me and Ryan. When have you protected me?"
"I'm sorry," Jesse looked down as I rolled my eyes.
"For starters, stop saying that. I get it, you're sorry, the end."
"I-"
"What is it that's really been bugging you lately?" I questioned as he shrunk a bit in his seat, "And don't you say nothing. I know you better."
"The truth?" Jesse raised an eyebrow as I nodded.
"That'd be nice."
"I've just been thinking a lot," He fidgeted in his seat, "About how I messed up everything with you, how I was so stupid. Then I see you and Ryan, your son, it just puts me back a while."
"You're jealous?" I raised an eyebrow.
"No," He shook his head but I knew he was lying.
"Yes are you," I smirked at him, "You're actually jealous of Ryan now."
"Ok, so I am," Jesse rolled his eyes as I smirked, "But I don't know. It's like seeing you again after all these years, it's like I never got over you."
"You got married, Jesse. I'd say that was enough getting over me."
"Same for you."
"I'm still engaged and I waited for a while. I swear, Jesse, you got to move on."
"Like you did?" Jesse raised an eyebrow.
"Yeah, I was pissed you cheated on me twice and got married, but give me a break, I just found out about that. I mean, put yourself in my shoes, I lost the baby and all this stuff started happening."
"It was never your fault," Jesse looked at me as I waited for him to continue, "I shouldn't have done what I did but I was stupid, an ego manic."
"Still are," I mumbled.
"My point is, I want to put all this behind us, maybe start fresh," Jesse looked at me as I was confused.
"But you-"
"I know," He sighed as he leant against the table, "But we need to clear the air about everything if we're going to work on this case together."
"Together?" I questioned with a hint of shock, "This is mine and Jake's case, you'd be joining us."
"I've been working on this case too," Jesse pointed out, "It'd be pointless to run two seperate investigations."
"Point," I nodded.
"So is there anything you need to open up about before we go any further?" Jesse asked as I thoughts for a second.

"You know everything, how I've felt, everything," I looked at him as he nodded, "Just what about the tape?"
"I took care of it," He leant back in his chair as I got confused.
"What do you mean you took care of it?"
"I did."
"Jesse."
"Sylar."
"God, typical Jesse," I rolled my eyes as he laughed.
"I went to talk to Anna, I told her that if she didn't get rid of all the copies that I'd take her to court."
"And she just handed them over?"
"No, but she finally did."
"It's still on the internet though."
"I'm working on that," Jesse nodded as I smiled.
"Really?"
"Yeah."
"Thanks."
"Don't mention it," He smiled as he stood up to stretch as I watched him, "Stop staring."
"Hey, just because I'm taken doesn't mean I can't look."
"Sounds like you need to clear the air on something," He smirked as I slowly got up.
"You still have an amazing body," I shrugged as I looked him up and down, "It's hot."
"Same for you," He smiled as I smirked, "What?"
"Nothing," I laughed, "I'll tell you later."
"Huh?"
"It's not work appropriate," I laughed as I headed out the door that Jesse held open for me.

"Where are you headed?" Jesse asked as I stopped.
"DNA. Natalia's running a cold case on that DB that came in. I think the killer took his identity but I have no clue who the guy is."
"Let me know if you find out anything," He smiled as I nodded.
"Will do."

I walked into DNA as Natalia was now there as I smiled at her.

"Hey," I smiled at her, "Did you run my DNA yet?"
"Not yet," She looked down at something she was working on, "I've been swamped already."
"It's ok," I nodded as she looked at me.
"So I seen you talking to Jesse," She smiled at me, "You guys are ok?"
"Yeah fine," I nodded as I watched her, "You like him huh?"
"I, um, well-"
"Hey, you're secret's safe with me," I smiled at her, "You should go to dinner with him."
"Yeah, tried that once, with drinks. He stood me up."
"Sorry," I gave her a light smile, "He was going through a lot, but seriously give him another chance. I'll set something up."
"Sylar, no," Natalia looked at me as I walked towards the door.
"Nope, going to do it," I smirked at her, "Trust me. He's a great guy."

I walked out the door as I seen Ryan as I smiled as I stopped in front of him.

"You're son just covered me in bananas," He grumbled as I laughed.
"He's your son too."
"My son wouldn't throw bananas," He looked at me as I couldn't help but laugh.
"Well he did," I reached up to wipe off left over banana off Ryan's face, "Missed a spot."
"Did you find out what Jesse wanted?"
"Yeah," I nodded, "We're ok."
"That's good," He smiled at me, "Tyler's at the baby sitter until 3, in which one of us will have to pick him up and take him with them."
"Ok," I nodded, "But for now, I've got to get to trace, so I'll see you later."
"Have fun," Ryan smiled as I smiled back then headed to trace.

As I got to work on some trace for the case, someone walked into the lab as I was in total concentration.

"Hey psycho killer," I heard Jesse as I wanted to flip him off but was working, "Horatio wants us out at the crime scene."
"For what?"
"A guy was cut in half," Jesse sighed as I took off my gloves.
"Yay, just what I wanted for breakfast," I mumbled, "Blood and guts."
"Come on, let's go process the scene."