‹ Prequel: Statues Without Eyes

Black Rose

Past Links to the Future

Ryan was still at the lab while I was now home with Tyler as I cooked dinner. It was proving to be a harder task then usual since Tyler was super fussy about everything. I had music playing to try to get Tyler from stop being fussy and crying but it wasn't working.

The door opened a few minutes later as Ryan walked through it, setting his things down before walking into the kitchen.

"There's my son," Ryan picked him up as I gave him a light smile, "I heard him crying all the way outside."
"Yeah," I watched him, "He's been like that since I got home."
"Is it his teeth?"
"I don't think," I shrugged, "But could you take him for me?"
"Sure," He smiled as he played superman with Tyler, "Tell us when dinner's done?"
"Of course," I smiled as Ryan headed off with Tyler for the time being.

The following month, time had started to go by quicker than usual. I was so busy with this case, Ryan was busy working two jobs still, Tyler was getting bigger and almost 6 months now.

Right now, I was at the track in Atlanta for another show, competition thing in which Jesse was in the pits with me and Caleb as Ryan stayed at home with Tyler today. Jake also stayed behind because he caught the stomach flu and there was no way I was risking catching it or him getting worse or anything.

I had been having an off weekend, everything just felt out of line, like something was off with me but I just couldn't put my finger on it.

"Hey," Jesse walked over to me with a smile on his face, "You know not to be rude or anything but you're really sucking today."
"Shut up," I glared at him as I sat back on my bike, "You don't think I know."
"What's wrong?" Jesse asked as he looked at me.
"I don't know," I shrugged, "Everything just feels off."
"Pre-marriage jitters?" He shrugged as I gave him a glare.
"No," I sighed as I fixed my gloves, "I've still got two weeks before that."
"So when's your last competition?"
"Next weekend," I nodded at him, "Which will bring us up to the end of August, Tyler will be 6 months and then we're getting married on the 6th of September, the honeymoon's on the 8th. Eric's watching Tyler for the most part and if all goes according to plan, I'll be back here on the 12th and back to work."
"Work, really?" Jesse smirked lightly as I rolled my eyes.
"There's still a killer out there, Jesse."
"I'm kidding," He smiled, "Whatever makes you happy."
"Thanks," I smiled as I heard someone mention that I was on deck, "Now if you excuse me, I've got my last event for the weekend."
"Kick ass," He smiled as I went out to pull my last trick for the weekend.

By time the competition was over, I placed 6 in my last event, 8th in my race, then 4th in another which I wasn't too thrilled about. Jesse and Caleb went back to the hotel room to crash since we were waking up early to head back home. Except me, I was restless, I had to get rid of everything that was bugging me. So much that I went for a late night run along the street with my music.

This weekend just took a toll on me, I hated how badly I had done this weekend. I had been catching my breath by a part of downtown when I heard someone call out my name.

"Sylar?" I looked up to see a figure walk towards me as I made it out.
"Alejandro?" I questioned as the figure smiled as he walked towards me.

Alejandro was one of Drake's friends from his childhood. Drake introduced me a few times but I never really got the chance to talk to him.

"It's been a while," He smiled lightly as I nodded.
"It has."
"I seen you today, you were good."
"Yeah," I rolled my eyes as I started walking, "So great."
"Hey, you had fun right?" He questioned as I shrugged, "As I recall, that's what you and Drake used to do."
"Drake's not here anymore."
"Doesn't mean he's not looking down at you," He gave me a light smile, "He'd be proud of you."
"Thanks," I smiled lightly, "But how did you find me?"
"Just walking," He shrugged, "I guess I'm kinda glad I did."
"I miss him still," I smiled lightly, "I mean I may not mention him like I used to but I miss him."
"We all do."
"Yeah."
"Did you ever find out who killed him?"
"No," I shook my head, "At least no one told me. I think it's a cold case now."
"Is it wrong to ask you if you could look into it?"
"Why?" I questioned as I looked at him.
"It's just, his family," He sighed as he looked down, "They don't feel like they got closure from it all."
"Yeah, I'll look into it," I smiled at him lightly.
"Thanks," He smiled.
"Don't mention it."
"You know, you 're still a great rider even on a bad day."
"Thanks."

With that, Alejandro walked off in which I headed back to the hotel room to get some sleep.
I finally got back into Miami around noon but I was dead tired. I drug myself through the house to collaspe as I felt a small mass land on me.

"Ryan," I groaned as he let out a chuckle.
"Sorry, Tyler missed you."
"I missed him too," I smiled at the laughing kid, "But I'm dead beat."
"I was thinking," Ryan sighed as he sat down next to me.
"That I hate questions that start like that," I pulled my hair back as he gave me a smirk.
"Besides that."
"What?"
"Tyler's getting older and well he does need other kids around his own age to play with."
"He's too young for school," I mumbled as I tried to keep my eyes open but was failing.
"I know I was thinking that maybe we could you know, have another kid?"