‹ Prequel: Statues Without Eyes

Black Rose

Sugar Skulls

"They're air lifting him to Miami," Some medic guy mentioned to me as I heard the helicoper makes its way to us.
"I want to go with him."
"They only allow-"
"I'm all he's got right now," I looked at as the guy just nodded his head then took me towards the helicopter in which Caleb was being put on it.

It looked bad, the way he landed, he hit with such force. He had a large gash in his lower abdomin and then a compound fracture in his right leg. They put him on morphine to keep him from going into shock but I doubt it was really helping with the pain.

The worst part was, he was light in color, motionless and there was nothing I could do about it right now. I knew he was losing blood quickly but no one could take blood until we landed.

As the helicopter landed on the roof, I was glad to see Alexx take him in but still I wanted to help.

"I'll give him blood," I stopped one of the EMTs as he looked at me.
"Do you have any blood diseases?" He asked as I shook my head.
"No."
"Are you pregnant?" He asked just as a question that they'd ask anyone in which I went silent, "Ma'am?"
"Yes," I looked down as he let out a sigh.
"I'm sorry ma'am we can't take blood from you," He went to walk away as I stopped him.
"Please, I've got to help him."
The guy gave me a light smile as he looked at me, "I"m sorry, we can't but I'll get him what he needs, promise. He won't die on my watch."
"Thank you," I smiled as I finally went into the hospital in which I paced the halls as Alexx and her team worked on him.

"Sylar?" I heard my name being called as I looked up to see Eric, "What are you doing back so early?"
"Caleb," I tried to form a thought into my sentences, "He crashed, and um, it's not good Eric."
"Where is he now?" Eric asked calmly as I took a deep breath.
"With Alexx in surgery."
"She'll take care of him," Eric smiled trying to bring my spirits up.
"He needs blood Eric," I ran a hand through my hair, "And I was going to donate to him, but I can't because-"
I stopped myself as Eric looked at me, "You can't because what?"
"Because," I shrugged, "I just can't."
"Sylar," Eric raised an eyebrow at me, "Are you ok?"
"Fine."
"Then why can't you?"
"Because," I looked down at the ground feeling nervous, "I'm pregnant."
"Oh," Eric nodded as he went silent for a second, "I'll do it."
"What? Eric, you don't have to."
"Sy, it means a lot to you," He smiled, "And if it means saving this kid, then I don't mind."
"Thank you," I hugged him.
"Don't mention it, but call Ryan and let him know what's up."

As Eric went to give his blood, I took out my phone to call Ryan.

"Hey," Ryan mentioned as I heard a fussing kid in the background.
"Ryan," I started off shaky.
"Sy, what's wrong?"
"Caleb, he got in a crash. I'm at the Miami hospital with him now."
"Are you ok?"
"I-I don't know," I shrugged, "Physically yes but the rest-"
"I'll be right there," Ryan rushed out as I nodded then went back to my spot to wait.

About half an hour later, maybe 45 minutes, Ryan rushed through the door with Tyler as he walked up to hug me quickly.

"How are you holding up?"
"Ok," I nodded slowly, "I haven't heard much but no news is good news right?"

As we sat and waited for a couple more hours, I just watched Tyler smile in which I rested my head on Ryan's shoulder. Even with all this crazy drama going on, that kid's smile could make anything better.

"Sylar?" Alexx asked as she walked towards us as I stood up.
"Is he ok, Alexx? Please tell me he's not dead."
"He got very lucky," Alexx looked at me as I nodded, "The boy lost a lot of blood but he's in recovery right now."
"But he's ok?"
"He had to be sown back up but he'll make it," She nodded.
"Thanks Alexx," I smiled, "Can I see him?"
"He's on some strong pain medication right now but you can talk to him for a few minutes."
"Thanks," I smiled as I motioned for Ryan to come with me but he just shook his head as he motioned he was going to wait here.

I followed Alexx back to the room in which she stopped me in the hallway before I went to see Caleb.

"He's not going to be able to ride for a while," She looked at me, "He had some damage done to his internal organs as well as the compound fracture. He'll need to go to therapy after he heals."
"Ok," I nodded at him.
"Until then, just keep his spirits up."
"You know I will," I smiled at her as I walked into the room to see Caleb looking around.

"Hey," I smiled at him, "Looks like you got your first riding injury."
"Yeah," He looked down, "I'm sorry I cut this weekend short."
"No, Caleb, it's not your fault," I stopped him as he looked at me slowly, "I'm just glad you're ok. That's the most important part."
"But you didn't get to compete."
"I'm fine," I smirked, "I think when Ryan hears that he'll be thrilled."
"Thank you for staying with me," He smiled.
"No problem kid," I touched his arm lightly, "We're a family."
"I'm tired," He looked at me.
"It's the pain meds," I stood up with a smile, "I'll be back to check on you tomorrow morning, ok?"
"Ok."
"Get some rest," I smiled as I walked out of the room to head back to where Ryan was.

Later that night, I was back at home with Ryan in which we put Tyler down then were just cuddling on the couch.

"I don't think I can do that with our kids," I mumbled as Ryan played with my hair.
"What?"
"Watch them go down like that in a crash."
"Now you know how H feels," Ryan laughed as I looked up at him.
"I think he feels that way everytime something happens to me."
"It's parental, even though your mom chose not to let you know him for the longest time."
"Still," I shrugged, "I'm glad I found him now."
"I think both you and Kyle are," He smirked as I looked up at him.
"Are you coming with me tomorrow to see Caleb?"
"Sure," He shrugged, "When's he go home?"
"That's what I find out tomorrow," I settled into him more as a thought crossed my mind, "Hey, aren't you supposed to be going to your bachelor party?"
"In an hour," He looked at the time in which he was leaving at 9, "But I don't want to leave you alone."
"I'll be fine," I smiled at him, "You need to go out and have."
"Are you sure?"
"Most definately," I smiled at him, "Plus I think if you didn't go, Eric would drag you out of the house."
"He would," Ryan chuckled.
"Just means I'll have the house to myself," I did a small victory dance with my fingers as he rolled his eyes.
"What am I going to do with you?" Ryan shook his head as I looked up at him.
"Marry me and then risk me away to a romantic getaway."