‹ Prequel: Statues Without Eyes

Black Rose

Starseed

It was a cloudy day today in Miami. The forecast called for rain even though I didn't think it'd rain. If it did, it'd be a first in a while. Plus maybe, just maybe it'd break the humidity that was weighing heavily over the entire town.

I sat in the open windowed room as I twirled my pen, waiting for something to happen, going over case files but I got a call from Angelo. He told me to meet him outside which I figured since I wasn't doing anything, then I might as well.

"What's up?" I asked as I stood on the stairs as I looked at the sunglassed and hat covered Angelo.
"This is my last bit of information I can feed you."
"What are you talking about?" I nodded as he kept his back towards the road.
"I'm being watched," He whispered as he slid me a file, "That killer Jesse's been tracking, he's different from your killer."
"What are you talking about?"
"Your killer," He pointed to the file, "He's dug up things from your past, knows everything aboout you, knew Horatio was your father even before you did."
"So what are you trying to tell me?"
"He started created murders to look like Jesse's killer just to get to you to think so, get you away from the big picture."
"Which is?"
"He's coming after you, your dad, and anyone close to you."
"Russian?"
"No," He shook his head, "Brazilian."
"Eric told me about that case," I looked at him, "But he said that it was all taken care of."
"Not everyone."
"So where are you going?" I asked as I tried to figure out everything.
"Me?" He smiled lightly, "Home, don't worry about me."
"You know I should worry, you are like family."
"I'll be fine. We'll have eyes on you even if we're not here."
"So what should I do?" I questioned as he lowered his hat more.
"You'll know," He smiled as he stuck out his head, "Congratulations on everything."
"Angelo," I started as he turned to walk away, "Thanks."
"Make me proud," He smiled at I watched him walk off then headed back into the lab.

"Hey," Jake smiled as he seen me, "Is that more information on our killer?"
"Yeah," I nodded, "Which isn't the one Jesse had been following."
"But I thought-"
"He was trying to get us on a different track I guess," I shrugged as I handed him the file as he looked it over.
"So what's this mean?"
"It means," I took out my phone, "I've got to call the Vegas Crime lab."
"You know, the more you work here, the more you're starting to sound like your dad," Jake smirked as I rolled my eyes to walk out the door.

I was put on hold for what seemed like forever as someone was transferring me to the Vegas Crime Lab then to Nick Stokes. Ryan nodded towards me as I was waiting on the phone to get connect.

"What's up?" Ryan asked as he crossed his arms.
"I'll tell you later," I smiled lightly.
"It's serious."
"Yeah," I snapped back to the phone when I heard Nick, "Hey Nick, it's Sylar Caine."

"Oh hey. They said it was important."
"Yeah," I walked towards the doorway, "Remember how I thought that this killer was the same as the one Jesse was investigating?"
"Yeah," He waited for me to continue.
"He's not," I looked around me, "He's been copying whatever was put in the reports."
"So, he's a copy cat?"
"In a sense," I shrugged, "Only he did it to keep the heat off him. To watch whoever it was that joined the case."
"And?"
"He'll go whoever is close to me, which means he'll be coming after you guys too."
"I heard about the Russians, is it?"
"No," I shook my head, "They were following my dad and they came after me before I knew who my dad was."
"If you find out more will you let me know?"
"Yeah of course," I nodded.
"Thanks and if anything turns up here, you'll be the first on my list."
"Thank you," I smiled as I hung up the phone.

"Sounds like you're going to need more help," My dad mentioned from behind me as I jumped to turn to look at him.
"I've got it under control H," I smiled at him lightly, "Don't worry."
"Sylar," He played with his sunglasses before looking at me, "Ryan brought me your case files."
"Ryan?" I questioned as I wanted to know how he knew about this.
"You left everything on the table a few days ago. He wanted to know what you and Jake have been working on."
"Dad, it's our case, we-"
"I'm glad he brought it to me."
"You are?" I questioned as he nodded.
"Mmhm," He moved slightly.
"Look, dad, I couldn't tell you. I thought we had who we were looking for when Jesse mentioned something but then, this. It's just, I didn't mean to put anyone in danger."
"It would've happened. He wanted it to."
"But now, I've put the Vegas Crime Lab in danger, Jesse in danger, my own family."
"It'll be ok."
"Dad, I opened that door again."
"It's been happening for a while," He stopped me as I took a deep breath, "They're trying to get to you now and you have to promise me that no matter what happens, you won't let them."
"But-"
"You won't let them."
"I promise," I nodded as he put his sunglasses back on.
"Good. I'm going to call Eric," I watched him walk towards the door, "I'll keep in touch."
"H," I started but he already walked off.
"Let the fun times begin," I sighed as I headed back to work on whatever case needed me right now.

By time, the day was over, I wanted nothing more than just to be with my family but I still had my bachelorette party in which I wasn't looking too forward to right now.

"Sylar, if you don't go," Ryan threated as he put Tyler on his shoulders, "I'll have them drag you out of the house."
"You two will be ok, right?"
"Yeah, what's going on?" He asked as he looked at me seriously.
"It's nothing," I shook my head with a smile, "I love you."
"I love you too," He kissed me quickly, "Now go."
"Way to be chased out," I smirked as I headed out the door to get in Natalia's car as she drove to the club in which I was supposed to have the most amazing night ever.

Only that most amazing night was about to be something out of a movie as the clouds grew and the lightning started to spark the sky. Only this movie was going to play out in my favor tonight.