‹ Prequel: Statues Without Eyes

Black Rose

Seriously

I jumped on Ryan's back as we walked back to the car after lunch as he carried me.

"So, I ran into Erica last night," I mentioned as I felt his jaw clench.
"And?"
"She seemed pissed that we were getting married."
"Let her," He mumbled as I knew it was touching a nerve or something.
"Seems like you had something with her," I looked at him as he opened my door and set me down.
"It was a while back."
"I knew it," I smirked at him, "You were so doing her."
"It was a weak moment," He glared as he went around to his side to get in the car.
"I'm sorry, seems painful."
"It's not," He looked at me as he got his keys out to start the car.
"What happened?"
"I don't want to talk about it."
"Aww come on," I gave him a look, "I've told you all the stuff about me and Jesse. It's only fair."
"She used me," He sighed as he looked at me, "I thought maybe she did like me but all she wanted was information on cases the lab was working on."
"Aww, I'm sorry," I gave him a sympathic look, "If it makes you feel any better, I bet her ass down."
"It does," He smiled as he took my hand, "You're the only woman in my life."
"Thanks," I smiled at him as he kissed my hand, "Oh hey, me and Jesse are going out to the shooting range later. We made a bet to see who the better shooter was."
"But you're almost sharp shooter level," He looked at me, "Does he know what he's getting himself into?"
"Eh, let him find out the hard way," I smirked as Ryan chuckled.

Soon after, I was back at the lab, helping Jesse on his case which the connection was made in that there was hurricane like weather that caused the trees to move. In other words, the killer was still kept in jail, unable to get out like he had wanted to.

By the end of the night, I was back in the locker room, finishing putting things away as my dad walked up to me. I knew Eric probably talked to him since Eric was well, he just would.

"Hey dad," I smiled lightly at him as he messed with the frame of his sunglasses.
"Eric talked to me earlier today."
"About?" I was hoping it was something else.
"He said you want to go to Brazil," He shifted to look at me.
"Dad, come on, I'm on of the main causes that this is happening again."
"Which is why you'll be safer in Miami."
"I can't let you and Eric go there alone," I stood my ground on my choice, "So either I go with you or I'm still finding a way to get there."
"You have a family to think of."
"And so do you," I rolled my eyes, "Dad, you let Kyle join the military and you let me join this team. You know from the start that something like this could happen."
"I want you safe."
"And I will be," I looked at him, "If I'm going with you. I'll train until you leave, anything just to prove to you that I can handle myself there."
"I want you to work with Eric every night when you get back from your honeymoon."
"I will," I nodded at him as he slowly placed his hands on his hips, "Does that mean you approve?"
"No," He looked at me, "If anything happens to you-"
"Then it was my decision and wasn't your fault. But nothing will happen," I gave him a quick smile, "I promise."
"Remember not a word to anyone about this."
"Of course," I nodded as there was a silence as I let out a sigh then want to hug him, "Thanks dad."
"For what?"
"Everything," I mentioned quietly as I broke away from him, "Just being in my life and being that person I needed."
"I'm glad to, " He smiled as I smiled back at him, "I'll see you tomorrow at work?"
"Yeah," He nodded as I grabbed my things then headed out to my car.

When I got home, I finished dinner as Ryan played with Tyler in order to keep him tired for bed. By time he was put to bed and everything, I went to pick up the house in the living room as Ryan joined me.

He watched me as I slowly went to pick up some things when he wrapped his arms around my waist as I smiled at his touch.

"I need to clean," I giggled as I felt his breath against my neck.
"I know," He whispered in a raspy tone in my ear, "But by time we're down you'll just have to do it agian."
"Ryan," I turned to look at him as he gave me a smirk.
"I'm just thinking since I've only got two more nights with you."
"Isn't it enough that I'm pregnant again?" I laughed but still didn't move.
"Which I'm stoked about," He nodded as he broke away from me, "It was just a thought."

I watched as he sulked over to the couch to sit on it as I rolled my eyes. I sat some things down as I walked over to him to straddle his lap and wrap my arms around his neck.

"Stop pouting," I looked into his eyes, "Give me ten more minutes."
"5," He looked at me.
"6 and we got a deal," I smiled at him.
"Deal."
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's short