‹ Prequel: Statues Without Eyes

Black Rose

Rehearsal Dinner

I ended up putting off the challenge that Jesse had for me since so much pre-wedding stuff came up again. But still he was trying to get out of me what I was hiding. I'd tell him eventually since it's hard to keep secrets from him.

Right now, though, I was getting dressed in a simple red cocktail dress with clear heels as Ryan was busy playing with Tyler on the bed. He was half dressed as I finished putting my make up on as I looked at him.

"Come on, Ryan," I shot him a look, "We really have to get to this dinner soon."
"I know," He smiled at Tyler as he looked up at me, "Wow."
"What?" I asked as I put my heels on.
"It's just, you look absolutely beautiful," He stood up with Tyler as I blushed sliightly.
"Thank you," I smiled as I took Tyler, "I'm going to go get my coat. So hurry up so we can go."

I headed into the living room to grab things that Tyler might need. Making sure that we didn't leave anything out of the diaper bag or anything. Ryan soon walked into the room in a black suit with a red shirt as I smiled at him.

"You look hot," I smiled at him as he kissed me quickly.
"Tyler ready?"
"Yeah."
"I'll go put him in the car," He smiled as he took him out of my arms then headed towards the car.

Once at the resturant, my nerves were still trying to get the best of me as I pushed them down as Ryan looked calm on the outside. The dinner was going smoothly, there were a lot of our friends, family, people that we didn't really know which was sorta weird but I'm guessing they were from Ryan's family more than anything. Ryan's parents even showed up in which I kept my distance from since I didn't know how it would go.

After all the rehearsal-esque stuff was finished, everyone just mingled and talked around the resturant as a lot of people came up to me to congradulate me on getting married in a couple days.

"Congradulations," My dad hugged me as I smiled at him to see him look geninuely happy.
"Thanks dad."
"There's something I need to give you though," He motioned for me to follow him as I was clueless.
"What?"

He pulled out my chair as I took a seat at a table to have a computer set in front of me as I seen my brother on the screen.

"Hey Sylar," Kyle smiled from the video chat.
"Hey Kyle," I smiled wider as I could feel the tears in my eyes, "How are you?"
"I'm good," He smiled, "I just had to check up on you and everything."
"Don't worry about me. How are they treating you?"
"Good," He laughed a bit, "And I've got to worry about you. You're my half sister."
"Thanks."
"I should be telling you not to worry about me," He laughed, "With you getting married soon."
"I always worry about you."
"I'm sorry I can't be there this weekend."
"It's ok," I smiled at him, "I understand."
"I wish I could," He sighed a little, "But you better have fun, ok?"
"I will," I smiled at him.
"And then when I get back, I'll so have to hang out with you."
"You better," I wiped my eyes as he smiled at me.
"I gotta go. No more crying, ok?"
"Ok. You be good over there."
"I will," I smiled at him as he smiled back.
"Laters Kyle."
"Later."

After that, I quickly hugged my dad since it made me happy to at least see Kyle for a bit and be able to talk to him.

"Thank you so much for that," I smiled as I dried my eyes.
"You're welcome," My dad kissed my cheek lightly.
"I'm going to go check on Ryan," I sniffled as he looked down.
"Ok."

I headed back to Ryan as Eric walked over to my dad.

"She'll be fine, H," Eric looked at me as my dad nodded.
"She will."

Soon after everyone was slowly starting to head home as I went to walk outside the resturant with Jesse around the little garden type thing that they had. I took off my shoes as I walked in the night sky with him.

"So," I started as I stepped over a rock, "What about you and Natalia?"
"What about?" He questioned as I gave him a look.
"Aww come on," I stopped to look at him, "She needs a date for the wedding and so do you."
"I don't know," He shrugged.
"Come on, Nat's a great girl. Trust me."
"You're just determined to hook us up, aren't you?"
"You need someone in your life," I smiled at him, "Someone who's not about to get married, seeing someone or think's you're a stalker."
"I do," He snickered as I gave him a look.
"She's still inside, take her out for a drink or something. I mean you owe it to her after standing her up before."
"Girls and their talk," He shook his head.
"Boys and their stubbornness," I stuck my tongue out at him.
"Maybe," He smiled lightly as I smiled.
"Do it, trust me on this."

"Hey," Ryan walked outside to see me and Jesse talking, "Mind if I steal my girl back?"
"No, go ahead," Jesse smiled at me.
"Sy, we've got to get going," Ryan looked at me, "Tyler's tired and getting super fussy."
"Alright," I nodded at him as I looked at Jesse, "Now go and ask her."
"Night Sylar."
"Night Jesse," I smiled as I headed into the resturant to get Tyler with Ryan.