‹ Prequel: Statues Without Eyes

Black Rose

2 Days Later

It's been two days since I've been married to Ryan.

2 incredible days which were about to get better since we were going on our honeymoon tomorrow. Eric was watching Tyler for us while we were gone. I was finishing packing Tyler's things as Ryan took him to the park. I was going to take all Tyler's stuff to Eric early just so I didn't forget anything before we left.

Eric seen me pull into the driveway as he helped me carry the things into the house in which he was the only one home right now.

"So how's it feel being Sylar Wolfe now?" Eric smiled as I shrugged with a smile.
"Just the same. I'm still keeping Caine though."
"Ryan doesn't mind?"
"No, he's ok with it for now."
"You're perfect for him."
"Thanks," I smiled as I sat down Tyler's things.
"Are you sure you want to go to Brazil?"
"Eric," I looked at him, "I don't want to get into this right now."
"When?"
"I'm going, end of story, with or without and my dad."
"I'm just being logical."
"Can we just drop it for now?" I questioned as he nodded as I sighed.

"So," I handed him a piece of paper, "You have everyone's numbers and everything but this is Tyler's doctor, Alexx's number at the hosptial, the hotel in which we're staying, and anything else you may need to know."
"Thanks," He nodded with a light smile as I sighed.
"I'm going to go check up on Caleb before we get ready to leave. I'll see you in the morning."
"Tomorrow," He smiled as I waved him off in which I went to head to the physical therapy place that Caleb was currently working on getting back to normal.

It pained me to see him this hurt but he was making progress as I sat and watched him work on things. As he was walking on the treadmill for a while, my phone decided to ring in which I haven't seen the number in a while.

"Caine."
"I heard congrats are in order," I heard Nick Stokes on the other side.
"Nick Stokes, to what do I owe this honor?" I laughed as I waited for him to respond.
"When are you going back to work?"
"Um, after I come back from the honeymoon, why?"
"So Wednesday will you be back?"
"I should," I shrugged thinking.
"Good, because I'll be coming there."
"What? Why?" I was worried about what was happening now.
"I don't want you to worry."
"I will if you don't tell me what's going on."
"Our case is leading me back to Miami again," He sighed, "There haven't been any new bodies yet but it'll be easier to talk to you if I'm in Miami."
"Have you talked to Jake yet?"
"No, I was planning on calling him."
"Call him and Jesse. I'll talk to you as soon as I get back."
"Will do," He nodded as I sighed.

"Sy?" Caleb asked as he slowly walked up to me.
"Yeah?"
"You ok?"
"Fine, just work," I smiled at him.
"Damn CSI," He mumbled as I ruffled his hair.
"I see you're getting better."
"Each day," He smiled, "I'm hoping to get back out there soon."
"Take your time kid," I gave him a smile, "I can't have you hurting yourself that badly."
"Yeah," He thought for a second as I looked at him.
"Yeah?"
"There are a few guys I've met and a girl who want to learn how to do this stuff too."
"And?"
"I kinda told them that you could help them," He looked at me hoping I wouldn't yell.
"Of course," I smiled at him, "Just after things start to slow a bit."
"No problem."
"I've gotta go though. You'll be ok?"
"Of course," He smiled, "Don't have too much fun on your honeymoon."
"Yeah right," I rolled my eyes, "Laters kid."
"Later Sy."

I finally got home a few hours later to find that Ryan had already gave Tyler a bath then put him to bed. The night sky was starting to approach as the sun fell to the horizon. It caused a color array of reds and oranges through the house as I watched Ryan get something to drink.

"Was he hard to put down?" I questioned as he shook his head.
"No," He walked up to me quietly, "The park tired him out."
"That's good," I smiled as his hands slowly rested on my stomach as I smiled.
"How's the little one?"
"Still too young to know what I'm having," I smiled at him, "But nothing scary like."
"That's good," He kissed me lightly as I smiled at him.
"Think you can wait for one more day again?"
"It'd kinda hard,"He smirked at me, "If only you were in that dress again."
"Funny," I rolled my eyes as I smacked his chest.
"Well Mrs. Wolfe," Ryan smiled as he caught my hand, "What do you want to do tonight?"
"Dance," I looked at him, "You haven't with me in a while."
"I did at our wedding."
"Come on," I walked away from him as I motioned for him to follow with my finger.

I quietly turned on some Enigma in which I moved to the mellow beats of the song as Ryan watched me. Soon the song switched to "Cry to me" by Solomon Burke as I slowly walked behind Ryan as my arm ran down his back as I walked to the front of him. It felt like a total "Dirty Dancing" moment for a second as I slowly moved in step with him as his hands went underneath my shirt, slowly lifting it over my head then tossing it to the side.

It was my perfect little space in time for the time being. If only this feeling and this weekend could last so forever but in my line of work, things always don't happen that way.