‹ Prequel: Statues Without Eyes

Black Rose

One White Lie

"So tired," I mumbled into Ryan's bare chest as I laid in the hotel bed with him.
"It's only been two days and you're tired?" Ryan chuckled as I nodded slowly.
"Mhmm."
"We haven't even seen the beach yet," He laughed as I looked up at him.
"Someone wore me out," My eyes were slightly closed as he kissed my forehead.
"Promise, we'll have fun."
"I need caffiene."
"You can't have that much, remember you're pregnant."
"Gee really?" I rolled my eyes as I sat up to pull my hoodie on then went to search for my bikini, "Wonder who did that?"
"I wonder," Ryan laughed as I found my surf wear as I went to pull it on when he smacked my ass.

"Ryan Wolfe!" I looked wide-eyed at him as he smirked.
"What?"
"Don't "what?" me," I glared as I tossed him his clothes.
"I can't help myself," He smirked as I rolled my eyes when he pulled me back into him on the bed, "I've got two more days with you to myself, no kids, no work, just me and you."
"Well techincally-" I started as he gave me a look.
"You know what I meant."
"I do," I smiled, "But the day is absolutely gorgeous and if we don't get out there, I'll seriously hurt you."
"Promises, promises, you always say that."
"Ryan," I sighed as I finished getting ready.

Soon after we were walking along the beachside, hand in hand, as the waves crashed against our feet. It was beautifil as we walked together, something we haven't been able to do back home. It seemed like everytime we did, someone would find a dead body and we'd have to go to work. But now, now we didn't have that to worry about.

"You know what would suck?" I chuckled to myself as we walked.
"What?"
"If we happened to stumble across a DB," I smirked up at him, "And we had to talk to the cops and everything."
"Only you," Ryan chuckled as he shook his head, "Let's hope that doesn't happen."
"I know right?"
"Crazy wife," He mumbled as I pulled him towards the water.
"You know you love ," I smiled as we headed out to the water in which we were like kids splashing each other and terrorizing each other with the ocean waves.

After turning into prunes, the both of us headed back towards the shore to dry off then head to a local outdoor cafe since we didn't want to do anything super fancy or anything. Plus it was still nice out by 3 that we were just enjoying our day.

"So," I started as our fingers touched each other slightly from across the table, "What should we do after this?"
"I can think of a few things," Ryan smirked a little as I rolled my eyes.
"Only if you let me go through with my idea."
"Deal," I spoked softly as I smirked.

Once we got back to the hotel, Ryan was nervous about it but he let me bring the camera into our relationship. Techincally, we were going to video tape stuff tomorrow around places we went sight seeing at but tonight, tonight it was all about what went on behind closed doors. A tape that no one would see, that no one should know about. It was our own private collection, something that I was going to guard more than what Jesse had done.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday morning.

The plane finally touched back down in Miami. It was a long flight but I caught up on my much deserved sleep which was needed by time we stepped off the plane.

Ryan helped me carry my bags to my car since he didn't want me to carry anything. It was sweet but still annoying at the same time. Either way, I wasn't complaining though. I just wasn't fond of the camera people who somehow found out I was back in town in which they rushed over to me, asking me a million questions about where me and Ryan had been.

Was I married? Am I going back to racing? Did someone stand up at the wedding?

It was all so aggrivating that it took every ounce of my being not to hit someone as Ryan rushed me into the car.

"I swear," I sighed finally as Ryan pulled away from them, "I'm so sorry for bringing them into our lives."
"It's ok," He shrugged.
"But they're relentless, they'll stop at nothing. All because I'm too damned stubborn."
"Hey," Ryan took my hand as he let a smile out, "I'm ok, you're ok. Tyler and our unborn child is ok. I'm not mad at you, I could never hate you for it. It's part of your life, I can deal with it."
"Are you sure?"
"Sylar, I've never seen your face light up more than when you're on that track," Ryan smiled at me as it got me to smile, "I can't ask you to step away from it all."
"Thanks."
"I love you."
"I love you too," I smiled at him as he drove to Eric's house to pick up Tyler.

Eric looked almost relieved that we were back to pick up Tyler. It was kinda funny since he looked stressed out or something, poor guy.

"Was he any trouble?" I questioned as Eric handed him back to me.
"Not really. He was just hyper," Eric laughed as I smiled at him.
"He gets that from his mom," Ryan mumbled as he picked up all of Tyler's stuff.
"Sorry."
"Don't be," Eric smiled, "He's a great kid. I'm just going to crash for a while."
"Was he really that crazy?" I questioned as I looked at him.
"Only sometimes at night. I think the two of you created a night owl," He shook his head with a laugh.
"Thanks for watching him though."
"It's no problem," Eric smiled at me, "He's my godson, if you need to me to watch him anytime, just let me know."
"Thanks," I smiled as Eric waved bye to Tyler who giggled at him.

Later that night, Tyler was out like a light in his own bed again as I finished unpacking everything when my phone rang.

"Hello?" I questioned.
"Hey, Sy."
"Jake," I smiled into the phone, "I haven't heard from you in a while. What's up?"
"How was the honeymoon?"
"Amazing. I'll have to tell you more about it later."
"I look forward to hearing most of it."
"So what's up?" I questioned as I put some clothes away.
"I need you to get down to the shooting range."
"I just got home and-"
"I pulled some strings," He interupted me, "I know you're going to Brazil and you need to know how to shoot. So I got this sharpshooter coming in a few minutes."
"Jake."
"I know, short notice but I know you can do this."
"I know," I mumbled quietly afraid Ryan might hear.
"Half an hour."
"Alright," I closed my eyes lightly as Ryan walked into the bedroom.

"Who was that?"
"Um, Caleb," I looked at him quickly, "He had some paper work about his crash he wanted me to fill out for more physical therapy."
"Oh," Ryan nodded, "Is he ok?"
"Yeah, just sore but he's getting through it," I lied at him which was killing me.
"You wouldn't lie to me, would you?"
"No," I shook my head as I stared into his eyes, "I promise you, I'll be back before 10."
"I trust you," He kissed me quickly, "I love you."
"I love you too," I smiled at him as I grabbed my keys heading out the door.

"Sorry Ryan," I mumbled before I got into the car.