Status: Updated As Soon As I Get Free Time...

Destiny

Decisions

I woke up to a bunch of strangers surrounding me. “What the hell?” I mumbled as I heard one of them say.
“She’s awake.” and then see the whole crowd of Witches bent lower to my face.
When they were done inspecting me I sat up and rubbed the sleep from my eyes.
Ava slipped through the crowd and crouched down beside me; her face looking rather grave.
“So Owen told you about the plan then did he?” She asked quietly.
There was no sense in lying about anything so I simply said, “Yes.” Not expecting what was coming.
“And?” she encouraged.
“And what?” I had seriously forgotten all about it.
“What’s your answer?” she seemed impatient to know.
“Ava,” Owen started. “Give the girl time to wake up first.”
“Fine,” she replied rather grumpily and left the spot she’d been kneeling. The crowd gradually disappeared with her.
“Sorry about that,” Owen said as he took the spot beside me.
“It’s fine, really.” At that moment I flashed back to the first time I met Luke. I was lost in the woods, and he helped me. I remember how I didn’t trust him at all, but as I sat there with Owen I realized something. That I cared for Luke so deeply, and that was never going to change. I had to ask.
“Where’s Luke?”
“I don’t know. When he ran off the other day he just sort of disappeared. No one’s seen him for at least two weeks now.”
“Well that’s not the reassuring answer I hoped for,” I said, but then noticed a few key words he’d spoken. “Wait,” I paused. “Two weeks?”
“Yeah, you’ve been out for two weeks,” he answered.
“Oh,” I said, more than a little bit shocked. “Two weeks?” I asked again just to make sure I had heard him right.
“Yeah,” his answer didn’t change.
“I don’t remember a thing,” I said. My own voice seemed distant; it felt like I was still dreaming.
“You don’t really want to,” he replied with fear in his eyes.
“What?” I asked, thinking, was it really that bad?
“It was kind of scary, even for me to see,” he said, then realized what had just come out. “I mean, not in a bad way of course but it almost seemed impossible. Whatever it was that happened to you broke all the laws of nature in about thirty seconds.”
There was silence for a moment when I just felt like I had to break it; also, this type of conversation should be for when I was fully conscious.
“How’s Vivian doing?” I asked, mildly changing the topic.
Owens face lit right up, “Actually she’s doing a lot better since the time you last saw her.”
To hear that she was doing great was music to my ears.
“Can I see her then?” I asked, though I already knew the answer.
“Of course,” Owen replied and offered me his hand to help me up.

* * *

Not four minutes later I came up to where Vivian was being held. Hopefully this visit wasn’t going to be a repeat of the last one. Owen pulled back the fur and… nobody was there.
“Are you sure this is the right tent?” I asked, turning my full body in Owens direction.
“Positive,” he said.
Just then someone put their hand on my shoulder and I spun around quickly, thinking all the while Xavenerian! To my utmost surprise, it was Vivian.
“Hey Vie,” she said with a smile stretched across her face.
“Hey!” I said which came out more like a shout than a greeting. “You look great,” I told her as I gave her a hug.
“Yeah, I’m healing pretty well. I don’t even feel pain, well except for my face,” she smiled again. Obviously she was happy to still be alive.
Owen on the other hand was standing all alone in a corner looking rather bored.
“Why don’t you two talk and catch up,” he insisted, then winked at me as he left the tent.
Vivian caught his action and nudged me hard in the ribs.
“Catch up indeed,” she grinned.

Vivian and I walked out into the night air and sat down on a random log since neither of us felt like walking.
“It seems to be that I’ve missed a lot around here,” Vivian said. “So, why don’t you start by telling me about this guy,” she emphasized on the word guy, and winked, but I knew what she was implying.
“Owen?” I asked, while blushing.
“Oh, is that his name?” She laughed. “He’s only drop dead gorgeous, so do tell do tell,” she urged me on.
“Oh fine,” I sighed, giving in to her curiosity.

* * *

After I explained detail after detail what I remembered about Owen and what little I remembered about the fight with Luke Vivian asked,
“So Luke’s gone?”
“Yeah, nobody knows where he went.” I replied sadly.
Vivian looked down like she was hiding something.
“What is it?” I asked her.
“Luke,” she paused, deciding on something. “Luke came to me yesterday.” she replied, “He told me something.”
“What?” I asked eyes wide with surprise, and hope. “That’s impossible, what did he say?”
I could feel my chest throbbing with pain and anticipation as a vague memory came back to my thoughts. I saw what evil monster I had become, and I began to worry if what Luke saw had changed his opinion about me. The itching thought in my head asked. What does he think of me now?