Status: Updated As Soon As I Get Free Time...

Destiny

Vivians Story

Vivian is awake in the tent that she was being kept in; it doesn’t look like a tent at all, but a small room. Feeling much better she gets up and walks around, and looks at all the artwork and potions that are set neatly on little tables scatted around the room.
There is suddenly a noise outside her tent as she calls out…

“Hello? Is someone out there?”
Suddenly, the fur hanging in the doorway that was separating her from the world flew over to one side as a shady figure walked in. For a moment Vivian felt herself sweating from being scared.
“Who’s there?” she asked, her voice cracking on every word. Since the flickering candlelight in the room was making it harder for her to see the figures face, she could only hope that the Xavenerians hadn’t found their way into the witches’ domain.
“It’s Luke.”
“What?” Vivian says, “It can’t be, you disappeared.”
“Nah, just been hiding in mountains that’s all.”
Vivian felt the fear receding as Luke walked towards her, sliding his hand across everything beside him.
“So then why’d you come back?”
“To tell you good-bye,” he froze right in front of her.
“What? Where will you go?”
“I don’t know, try to get out of here that’s for sure, explore the world and get as far away from everyone as I possibly can.”
“What are you talking about Luke, what’s going on?”
Luke sighs, “fine, I’ll tell you.”
It was silent for a moment then Luke started, “there’s going to be a war.” He paused again, “and Violet is in the centre of it.”
“I don’t believe it, how do you know this is for sure? Besides Violet’s caused no harm she can’t be the reason for anything.”
Luke’s voice raised a little bit, “Think what you want but when it happens don’t say I didn’t warn you!” He pointed his index finger at her, and dropped it dramatically back to his side.
“Okay wait a minute, I didn’t mean to upset you, but can you explain to me how you know this information?”
Luke looked at Vivian straight in the eyes and said, “I have dreams. About the future, and they always come true. Vivian, I dreamt about you, when the Xavenerians tortured you to tell them where Violet was, I watched them slash you and nearly kill you, and I saw you floating down the river with almost no life left before it actually happened.”
“How long ago did you dream about it before it did?”
“A day before, but it varies sometimes.”
“Explain?”
He sighed, “Okay, I’ll only say this once so listen. When I first started having these dreams I never really thought anything of them till they started happening in real life. Last night I dreamt about Violet. The Witches want her to be some kind of heir to “peace” between Vampires and Witches. Here’s the catch, since both sides of Vampires are already fighting over her and the Witches plan on taking her for themselves, the Vampires are going to get very angry once they find out that the most powerful Vampire has sided with their enemies. “Also since the Vampires are already angry at the Witches, for not even knowing they still existed, and at Violet for not picking them, they are going to side with one another. Then they’ll search the forest until they find this place and when they do they will use their power to destroy the safe shield and attack until nobody is alive, and their main target is Violet.”
“But if Violet is the strongest, won’t she be able to kill them?”
“Well according to the prophecy she would be able to, but she didn’t in my dream. Vivian, I saw her die!”
Luke was starting to tear up and shook his head side to side,
“Do you know how hard that was for me to dream about?”
Vivian didn’t say anything because she didn’t want to say the wrong thing.
“I love Violet, even after what she did to me, it scared the damned shit out of me, but I love her.”
Vivian didn’t really know what had happened or what Violet had done to him but she did understand the part about love.
“Then you shouldn’t go, you should stay here and fight with us.”
“I want to so bad Vivian but I can’t. I feel like I don’t belong anywhere.”
“You belong here, with us Luke.”
“No! I can’t, what don’t you understand, I’m a misfit, see these black eyes? They give you a title for life, and even if you don’t want to have anything to do with it well it’s too damn bad for you!”
“Luke I’m sorry.”
“Save it! Hope I see you again, oh and do me a favour, don’t tell Violet I was here.”
And like that he left, there was nothing to be done about it, no changing his mind now.
“Bye Luke,” Vivian whispered to herself.

The Candles cast shadows on the walls of the room, and tears fill up in Vivian’s eyes as her mind desperately searches for answers to questions she could only think about.