Status: Updated As Soon As I Get Free Time...

Destiny

Life or Love

I just couldn’t help myself and I definitely didn’t
know what it was but I couldn’t hold back the tears. I cried until my eyes hurt.
“It’s alright Violet we’ll get through this, together,” said Vivian
I looked up at her, my eyes swollen and red.
“Vivian, I think I’m in love,” I said, which had confused the both of us.
“With Luke?” she asked, her eyes staring deeply into mine, but all I could do was nod back.
“Then we must go and find him,” she said, “We’ll start in the mountains, tonight!”
Feeling the adrenaline rush through me like a sudden wave of hope I stood up and helped Vivian to her feet.
“Let’s go,” I said, pumped and ready, as I wiped the fallen tears off my face.
We started walking to the end of what lined the Witches’ domain and the mountains started to become clearer and clearer as we got closer. All I could think about was Luke, and why he hadn’t come to see me before he left, why he hadn’t asked me to go with him, then it hit me, I was unconscious. I rolled my eyes, and a small smile conjured on my lips.
“Hey wait up!” yelled a voice, but I knew who it was before I even had time to think about it. I spun around and sure enough I was right.
“Owen!” I yelled back.
Owen was running fast, like I’d never seen him do before. Something was up. When he caught up to us his eyes were wide, “Where are you going?” he asked breathless, propping his hands on his bent knees.
“To find Luke,” I said, with freshly fallen tears staining my face.
“What? You can’t just leave!” he sounded horrified by the idea.
“Actually we can,” Vivian butted in, “and we are, so don’t try stopping us.”
Owen gave her a look then concentrated on me,
“Violet, we need you here,” he said quite sincerely, looking like a lost animal.
“No you don’t, you just want to be protected,” Vivian countered.
“Violet,” Owen started, “I need you,” he said as his beautiful eyes met mine.
What was I supposed to do now? Choose this handsome man or go find Luke. My mind was stuck between a rock and a hard place.
“Stop using that innocent sweetness of yours on her, we’re going to find Luke and that’s final,” Vivian scowled at Owen.
Owen put a finger to his lips and looked at Vivian, a sign to shut up.
Vivian was outraged, “I don’t believe it, you telling me to hush! Oh I should hush you right now!” she screamed as she swung her arms, and clenching her hands into fists ready to knock him out.
“Vivian not now,” I said, my eyes wandering back to Owens.
“What?! Now you want me to be quiet? Fine I’ll be quiet!” She roared again, “Vampires these days,” she huffed and walked on ahead.
“I don’t understand,” I said, trying to ignore Vivian’s behavior, “things are just coming way too fast, I feel like I’m stuck between right and wrong.”
“Right and wrong?” Owen asked with a puzzled look smeared across his perfect face.
“I just feel like anything I do is going to be the wrong choice.”
Owen grabbed my hands and held tight as he looked in my eyes for the right words to say.
“If Luke was selfish enough to leave you,” he started out slowly, “and put your love for each other in jeopardy it’s not fair that you should have to hold all the pain. I promise you Violet, my love, I will never turn on you like that, please stay with me Violet, we were made for each other.”
I looked into his soft silvery blue irises but my heart couldn’t find the words to say, so I looked over to Vivian for help.
“Hey hurry up over there, we ain’t got all night you know!” she hollered, obviously no help at all.
I looked at Owen once more and instantaneously kissed him hard on the lips, when I pulled away I would either be choosing to go and find the Xavenerian that I loved or stay with the Sorcerer that I also loved, but what one to pick? I made sure this kiss was long and lasting.
“Oh come on!” Vivian yelled. “Get a room!”
As I pulled away my answer was sitting on the tip of my tongue; all I had to do was say it.
“I’m staying,” I said, and Owens eyes twinkled; he was pleased with my answer, looking happier than ever, but Vivian could not believe what she was hearing.
“No, no, no! We are leaving!” she stomped her foot into the ground, then marched over to us, and put a hard hand on my wrist to pull me away.
“Vivian, I want to stay,” I said as I pulled my wrist from her grasp.
“Can I talk to you, privately?” She demanded, and flashed a wicked look at Owen. Owen got the hint and gave some space, smiling because he knew he had already won.
“Violet what are you doing? You love Luke, Luke loves you, and more than you know.”
“Yes but I can’t keep having this hope that he’ll come back and confess his undying love for me,” I argued.
“I just hope you know what you’re doing,” she said, her eyes looking worried.
“I can’t wait around for something that keeps on running away, Owen won’t run away,” I said.
“How do you know for sure?” she asked.
“I just have this feeling,” I answered, “and right now, I have to follow what my heart says.”
Vivian’s expression went blank and her body tensed up.
“Come on Viv” I took a hold of her hand and guided her towards Owen and back to what I thought I wanted.

When we got back to our tent, Ava was waiting just outside the hanging fur with a giant smile.
“Have you decided Golden Child?” Ava asked.
“Yes,” I answered, “I accept your offer, and wish to be your Queen.”
Owen hugged me tight, but Vivian stood there solid as stone, still with no emotion.
“Great, wonderful news!” she whooped.
“We will crown you tomorrow night.” she bowed, like I was already Queen. “But now you must sleep for you have a big night coming.”
Ava went off to tell the great news to every Witch, Sorcerer and Sorceress.
“I’ll leave you two now,” said Owen. “Thank you so much,” he gushed.
Just before Owen wandered off he kissed me, and it felt sweeter and more exhilarating than any time before. For sure I felt like I had made the right choice, but my fantasies soon faded when I saw Vivian’s face.
“What have you done?” she whispered, her eyes locked on mine. Feeling the sudden urge to not argue, I entered the tent, and Vivian followed.