Three Magical Fairies

The Missing Guitarist.

Kev was standing outside of a building he'd been in front of only once before and it was in his dreams that he'd been there. He looked at all the windows; he knew Deci was in there somewhere. Then he saw her, he saw her tearstained face and he saw something that glinted in the sunlight. Time seemed to slowdown. He knew what it was, so he ran up to the door and pounded on it until the doorman opened it. He looked at the guy, he thought, 'This guy looks familiar.'
The doorman had black messy hair and bright green eyes, "Who you lookin' for, man?"
Kev stuttered, "Uh... D-Deci Volt."
The man grinned, "Second floor, room 2B, oh, the elevator's out, sorry."
Kev ran up the stairs, he passed a tall skinny guy with what looked like a tongue stud in his ear and a sort of shortish guy with a blood red tie.
He thought, 'Those two look familiar too.' He ran to room 2B. He stopped, he didn't know what to do, so he knocked, no reply, he called out, "Deci, can you open the door for me, please? Deci!" He put his ear to the door, but didn't hear anything, so he took a step back and kicked in the door.
He ran into the room and stopped, so did his heart, "No... No!"
Deci was lying on the ground in a pool of her blood.
He ran to her side and checked her pulse, "No! Deci!" He held her to his chest and cried.
Then he felt her move, he looked at her, her eyes opened suddenly, they were clouded over, she said, "You broke my heart!" Then her eyes turned back to normal, and it looked like she was about to cry, "Why?" Then she went limp.
Kev felt like he'd just been stabbed in the chest, he looked around and saw the razor Deci had used. He picked it up and held it to his wrist, but before he could cut himself...

He woke up.

He sat up in the backseat of his station wagon. The drug-induced dream fresh in his mind. He pounded on the seat as tears streamed down his face, "Damn dream! Why?!" He knew what was causing the dreams; so far he'd had this dream every night. He took the syringe he'd just used and all the other stuff he had. He rolled down the window and threw it all out. Then he rolled up the window, curled up into a ball, and cried himself to sleep.
Sitting on top of Kev's car, a pair of green eyes twinkled in the moonlight. The owner of the eyes muttered, "I'm sorry Kev. But you don't need that stuff now."
Kev whimpered in his sleep.
Billie twitched his nose and said, "Have good dreams."
Kev stopped whimpering.
"Why did Adie make me twitch my nose when I do magic?"
Arms wrapped themselves around Billie and Adie said, "Because you're cute when you do that."
Billie smiled and said, "Thank you, Queen."
Adie laughed, "Well, King, let's go, he doesn't need you any more tonight."
Billie twitched his nose again.
Adie smiled and they disappeared.

When Kev woke up the next morning he looked at his arm. He felt all the holes in his arm where all the needles went into his skin. He sighed and looked out the window, "Why does everything go wrong?" He had developed a habit of talking to himself when he was a freshman in high school, "Why do I always talk to myself?" He remembered that, that's how he had met Deci.

* flash back *

I was walking down the hall talking to myself as usual, when I heard someone say something right before I ran into her. I looked up and saw a girl who had green highlights in black hair, with silver bangs. We looked at each other and then both of us said, "You talking to me?" We both laughed and had to sit on the floor for a while. I introduced myself and she smiled at me and said, "Name's Decibel Volt, call me Deci."
We shook hands. Then the bell rang.
Deci cursed, "Fuck! Stupid fucking bell!" Then she looked at me, "Meet me after school here?"
I shook my head, "I gotta catch the bus."
Deci bit her bottom lip, "Which bus?"
"2 C."
Deci grinned, "I'll be on it!"
I smiled, "Okay!" Then we both ran to class.

* end flash back *

Kev smiled at the memories and remembered what happened on the bus.

* resume flash back *

I was waiting on the bus for her; stupid seniors had pushed me to the front and told me to stay here. Deci walked onto the bus and saw me. She smiled and said, "What are you doing in the front?"
"Stupid seniors pushed me up here."
"Those fuckers! Okay, let's go sit in the back."
I was going to stop her, but she was already halfway there. I followed her and noticed that she was wearing fingerless gloves; one went all the way up her arm the other stopped halfway. I watched her walk up to the seniors I thought, 'She's gonna die, and I didn't even get to know her that well.'
Then she said, "Hey, dudes, jus' thought I'd catch a seat between ya's, huh?"
One senior, a blonde preppy girl looked at her and said, "Nu uh." She said it in a nasty tone, then she said, in a sickeningly sweet voice, "No little punk is going to sit back here with us, is she hunny?" She grabbed a blonde football player's hand and he shook his head.
I wanted to puke and Deci looked pissed. Deci looked at the girl, "Bitch! I come here so I don't get labeled and you call me a punk?! I mean that's not a bad thing, but... you bitch! I didn't want a label, any label! 'Specially not from you! Now get the fuck outta my seats you fuckers! Before I get fucking pissed!"
The football player stood up, "Did you just call my girlfriend a bitch!?"
Deci looked at the guy and I swore she grew three inches, "No! Duh! You, fucker! And you know that's what you yell at night."
"Did you just call me a fucker?"
Deci threw her hands in the air and rolled her eyes, "Oh, for the love'a Mike Dirnt!"
The football player lunged at her and I would of done something, but it happened too fast. She stepped sideways and clothes lined his ass and he hit the floor hard. Then she said, "Now, which fuckers are gonna move?"
All the seniors rushed to the middle of the bus. Deci sat down and I sat beside her. She said, "I didn't mean to do that, it was an accident."
I grinned at her, "That was fucking awesome."
She smiled back at me; "I hope we don't have any freshman like me, when we're seniors."

*end of flashback*

Kev looked out the window and remembered that Deci didn't even live on his side of town, but she always rode the bus with him.
Billie was sitting on top of Kev's car waiting, when his stomach growled. Billie twitched his nose and Mike appeared, "I wanted coffee, not a coffee fairy!"
Mike looked around, frowned, flipped Billie off, then pointed down and a coffee appeared. Then he pointed at himself and disappeared.
Billie twitched his nose again and a plate of waffles appeared in front of him and a thank you note appeared in Mike's hand.
Kev got out of his car and stretched. Then he looked down at what he'd thrown out last night.
Billie's eyes widened and he muttered, "Oh, fuck!"
Kev quickly got into the drivers seat and started the engine. He didn't have much gas, but he had enough to get to a park that he could stay at for a few days. Kev looked around, "God, I'm hungry and it smells like waffles. I haven't had waffles in months."
Billie stopped eating and looked at his plate, "Oops."
Kev leaned back in his seat, "I wish... "
Billie sat up and listened to Kev, "Say it, say it!"
Kev sighed, "I wish Deci was here."
Billie face planted in his plate of syrup and mumbled, "Damn it!"
Kev grinned, "She'd suggest we share a joint and stare into each others eyes... why the hell was that so damn fun... I wish I had a joint."
Billie appeared in the passenger seat, his face covered in syrup and it was dripping onto his shirt. He licked his lip and said, "Yummy, maple syrup." He grinned at Kev and Kev fainted.
Billie twitched his nose, and his face and shirt were clean again. He looked down and saw he was wearing the tutu; he twitched his nose again, and had a single joint in one hand and smelling salts in the other. He broke the smelling salts under Kev's nose. Kev woke up and looked at him, "I'm dreaming, right?"
Billie shook his head, "No, I'm your fairy godfather and your joint fairy." He showed Kev the joint, "This is your last one 'til you're clean of the other stuff... then only for parties and whatever." He handed Kev the joint, which he stuck in his pocket. Billie looked at him, "Wish for coffee and a cool hairstyle."
Kev looked at him, "Coffee? Don't even mention coffee, it's been so long, I wish I had a gallon of coffee."
Mike appeared in the back seat and pointed between Kev and Billie, a gallon jug of coffee appeared. Mike pointed at himself.
Billie stopped him, "Wait! Why aren't you talking?"
Mike pointed at Billie and a piece of paper fluttered down into his hand, it said, 'Deci said I couldn't talk for six hours, something about she thinks my voice is sexy and doesn't want to forget Kev's voice. I have to get back now, Deci's unsupervised in a music store. See ya'!' Mike winked at Kev and pointed at himself and disappeared.
Billie looked over the note and shook his head. He handed Kev the note.
Kev read it and said in an awed voice, "You know Deci?"
Billie smiled and nodded.
Kev looked happy and he remembered what Billie said, "I wish for a cool hairstyle that Deci'll like."
Tré appeared in a magenta puff of smoke.
Billie coughed as the smoke blew in his face, "Tré!"
Tré grinned, "Sorry, Billie." Then he looked at Kev, "Kev! The infamous Kev Morre, Deci keeps talking about you in her sleep."
Kev looked Tré suspiciously, "You watch her while she's sleeping?"
"No, Mike slept on the couch last night and she laughed in her sleep and said, 'Kev!' and kept laughing. It was kinda funny."
Billie looked at Tré, "Hairstyle Tré! And I thought you guys went home?"
Tré looked at Kev, "Outta the car." Everyone got out of the car and Tré talked to Billie while he looked at Kev, "We did, but it was kinda boring. Nobody was at our houses, fave color?"
"Uh, pink?"
"Not you Billie. Kev, what's your favorite color?"
"Blue, navy blue."
Tré snapped his fingers.
Billie's eyes got wide, "Tré! He said blue!"
Tré grinned sheepishly, "Sorry, I was thinking of fuchsia." He snapped his fingers again and Kev had navy blue short spiked hair and his slight beard was trimmed perfectly.
Kev looked at Billie, Billie nodded and said, "It looks good."
Kev grinned, "Can I go see Deci now?"
Billie bit his bottom lip and shook his head, "You're going to go through withdrawal, I can hold it back only so much, you're already starting to shake."
Kev looked sad, "Oh." He looked at his arm, which was trembling slightly, "Oh."
Billie twitched his nose and all three of them and Kev's car were in the parking lot of a fancy hotel, "I'm checking you into this hotel, I'm going to stay with you until you're okay. Okay?"
Kev nodded.
Tré looked at Kev, "Me or Mike will come by to tell you about Deci. It'll be okay, Kev." Tré was getting ready to snap his fingers, but stopped and looked at Kev, "Kev, what's your favorite instrument?"
Kev looked at Tré, "I... " He stopped and looked at Tré. Tré looked younger and fitter, "I play the guitar, but I had to pawn my amp." Kev shook his head and looked at Billie, he looked younger and fitter too. He thought, 'What the hell?'