Status: Thanks To Everyone Whp Read This And I Will Put The Sequel Up Soon, Promise!!!

Returning to You

Chapter 75

Jessica’s POV

I hummed to myself as I walked down the aisle pushing the trolley which held Braden in it. I grinned down at him as he reached out and knocked a couple of packets off the shelf we were passing. I shook my head with a laugh as I bent to pick them up and place them back. As I bent down though it felt like someone passed behind me but when I spun around to look there was nothing there.
I frowned seeing nothing but turned and placed the packets back on the shelf while Braden started to fall asleep in the carry seat. As I carried on walking and searching for food I thought on the incident but rejected it as my being tired from getting up to feed Braden during the night, he had gotten a little fussy lately and I wasn’t sleeping much even though Brian got up to help as well.
Throughout the rest of the shopping trip it felt like there was someone following me but I could never see anyone, I was getting so paranoid that I ended the trip early and went to the car, loading Braden into the baby seat we had recently bought, it was top of the line and even had little toys hanging from it though he wouldn’t be enjoying them right now as he was fast asleep.
Driving down the road back to home I hummed lowly to myself again thinking about something Jasper always told me about if there is music then there is nothing you can be scared off so I always hum to myself.
Over my humming a revving sound came to my ear, looking down at my rev meter I saw it wasn’t me so glancing in my rear view mirror I see a car on my bumper, frowning I speed up so as to get away from them but they speed up to and stick to me.
My heart races as I speed up a bit more trying to get away though they still follow.
Suddenly they backed off and I breathed a little better knowing I had some room and it must have just been them trying to get home quicker. I focus my attention back on the road and in that moment the car speeds up again quickly and rams into the back of my car shoving me forwards and off the side of the road into a side lane.
I hit the brakes and try to make sure I don’t roll not wanting Braden to be hurt and eventually I come to a stop.
When I had stopped I quickly undid my seat belt and leaned over Braden who was screaming and crying because of the sudden impact
“shh Braden, it’s ok honey just a little accident, nothing happened we are ok” I soothed him though I soothed myself at the same time.
Looking up I peer out the window to see if the person stopped but they carried on driving and I glanced quickly at the licence plate to see what it was but only managed to get the last three letters which were KAY, I didn’t recognise them so it couldn’t be anyone I knew and for that I let out a deep breath but again turned my attention to Braden as he was calming down but still shocked.
When Braden was calm I picked up my phone, my hands having stopped shaking now, and called Brian who immediately picked up
“hey babe what’s taking you so long?”
“Brian?” I said shakily and he must have heard the shock in my voice as he asked frantically
“what? Honey is everything ok? Are you and Braden safe?” I ran a hand through my hair and blew out a deep breath
“someone rammed us off the road Brian”
“what?!”
“yeah, umm can you come and get us, I don’t know if anything is wrong with the car and to be honest I’m too shaken up to drive again” I said shakily and Brian immediately agreed
“no you shouldn’t be driving, I’ll be there, where are you?” I named the street and he said he would be there soon before hanging up.
I sat back in the seat and closed my eyes as I waited for him to come and get us, trying to calm myself down.
Brain got here in five minutes flat and rushed out of the car towards me while I did the same and meeting in the middle he grabbed me in his arms and held me tightly as tears slipped down my face murmuring
“shh, it’ll be alright babe, you’re fine, Braden’s fine” I nodded into his chest and let him hold me for a while longer.
We got the shopping and Braden loaded into the car and headed home where Braden went to sleep and Brain just held me for a while.
♠ ♠ ♠
OOOO!!! What's happening? well you have to read to find out more hehe