Status: Finished.

I Don't Like Your Boyfriend

Superman

“Don’t jinx me!” Antonio pointed at me with his index finger and I was about to laugh but I kept it together. He had this funny serious look on his face. He was about to throw the ball and knock the pins down or so he says because he failed the last three times and it might’ve been because I blurted something in gibberish before he threw the ball.

He concentrated as if he was a baseball pitcher and his pitch was going to win the game. He popped his gum which made it even more funny. He throws the ball and I said something like ‘Gah!’ but he actually knocked the pins down, all of them.

“Ha! Ha! Ha!” Antonio said to my face.

I rolled my eyes. “So immature.”

The guy gave him a giant ass panda. He held it up as if it was the cup or something.

“I won!” He gloated.

I laughed at his child-like behavior. It was already twelve in the afternoon. Luke and Lora went to get on Superman but since Antonio and I had already gone on it we decided to walk around for a while and we ended up playing some games.

“What are you gonna do with that giant-ass panda?” I asked as we walked towards the exit of Superman since Luke and Lora should’ve been out by now.

He thinks about it. “Hmm, give it to a very special girl.”

I smiled. I always wanted a giant-ass panda.

“Do you think Lora will like it?” Antonio said with a smirk.

I gasped a little. He was playing with me. I smacked his arm a very strong arm.

“Loser.” I muttered.

“Nice comeback, you still in Middle School? I’d say yes since you’re so tiny.” He patted my head with his free hand.

I slapped his hand away and huffed.

“I’m just joking, Eddy, the very special girl is you. Who else?”

“I’m not jealous, if that’s what you’re implying.” I said as a matter-of-factly.

He shrugs. “I didn’t say anything. You did.” He grinned.

I glared at him playfully. “Lame.”

“I love you too, Eddy.” He chuckles.

Luke and Lora finally get off. Lora had horror on her face. She went to Antonio and wrapped her arms around his waist.

“That was the scariest shit ever! Why didn’t you tell me it was so scary?!” Lora sounded like she was really scared.

I felt a little bad. I didn’t think it was too bad, but then again I love rides like that and Lora didn’t.

“It’s all right.” Antonio rubbed her back with his free hand.

I turned to Luke and smiled. “How was it?”

Luke smiles back at me. “It was great, you were right.”

“Where did you win the panda?” Lora asked. I turned to them with Luke by my side.

“He won it at that pitcher game.” I pointed to the game.

Lora smiled.

“Here,” Antonio said. “For you.”

What?

Antonio hands her the giant-ass panda. I watch sullenly as Lora’s eyes lit up and her lips formed a wide smile. She was happy. She squealed and took it and hugged it tightly.

“Thank you, it’s so nice of you.” She batted her eyes and I looked away not angrily just casually.

“Hey! Let’s get on Goliath!” I pointed to the ride.

“Yeah.” Antonio said.

I took Luke’s arm and dragged him with me. Lora and Antonio walked behind us.

“Uh, I rather stay here.” Lora said stopping when she saw the ride passing and people screaming. “Stay with me Antonio?” She pouted her lips for him.

Antonio glanced at me and then sighs. “Sure, Lora, I’ll stay.”

“Well, too bad.” Luke said. “Let’s go.”

I followed Luke to the line. We waited behind a couple of was making out. I sat on the bar and picked the dirt from the bottom of my nails.

“Have you talked to Sterling?” Luke said after a while of waiting.

I looked up at him. “He called last night but I had the phone on silent and I left him a message in the morning.”

“He comes back tonight, right?”

I nodded. “Yup.” I smiled.

“Your eyes light up when we talk about him.” He said but there was a second meaning to that that I didn’t catch.

I grinned. “He’s great. He’s so wonderful.”

Luke nods. When we got on Goliath my heart pumped and my breathing was a little shaky but that’s only half of the fun of getting on big rides. I screamed loudly. I have big lungs. Luke and I got off and we were laughing. I was laughing because of his girl-ish scream when it went upside down.

He was laughing because my hair was messed up. He ruffles it up a little more and so I do the same for his hair. He took my wrists after and sort of pinned me to a near by wall. Our laughing died down when we looked into each other’s eyes. His brown eyes were so soft. I saw him lean in and that’s when I wiggled out.

What just happened? I thought. He tried to kiss me!

Luke looked ashamed. “Sorry, I didn’t mean--”

“It’s all right.” I smiled.

“God, I don’t want to make it awkward.” He said.

“It’s okay, dude, seriously. It’s not going to be awkward.” I hugged him tightly and pulled out. “See? You’re my best friend, Luke.”

His eyes had hurt in them as I said those words, I guess it was like a stab in the heart to him.

He recovers and blinks and his eyes have joy in them. “Yeah, best friend.”

I smiled.

“HEY!” Lora said.

We both turned to her voice and saw her smiling from ear to ear.

“I need to pee!” Lora said loudly. Some people that passed by looked at her weird but that was her style, girly but loud and doesn’t give a shit what people think.

“So do I!” I yelled back. “Race you!” I said getting a head start.

Soon, Lora was behind me but I beat her to it. When we were at the entrance of the bathroom we saw that only one was available. We looked at each other seeing who would make the first move. She did and I yelped when she pushed me back. I laughed as I caught up to her and pulled on her shirt she yelled and then pushed me just as I was at the stall door. She beat me to it.

I laughed. It was so much fun to be with her.
I waited until someone else finished. I raced in after some lady got out. I did my stuff and went out and washed my hands. Lora was too. She had a smile on her face saying she had a secret and she wanted to tell me.

“What?” I asked with a raised eyebrow.

“We kissed!” She squealed.

I was confused. “Who?”

She scoffs. “Antonio, dummy!”

I chuckled. “Wh-what?”

“We kissed and it was so magical.” She sighed deeply. “I think he’s the one, Ed. He’s so charming and the panda thing.” I barely noticed she didn’t have the panda, she probably gave it to one of the boys before running.

I forced a smile. “I’m happy for you.” I shouldn’t feel jealous. I should be happy for her and a part of me was but most of me was jealous.

The rest of the day was pretty much fun. I didn’t talk to Antonio and used Luke as my ride buddy. Every ride we got on Luke was by my side. By the end of the day everyone was tired. We ate funnel cake and some other junk food. We left the theme park at eleven since that day Six Flags stayed open until midnight. We waited for the shuttle again and I saw so exhausted when we go to the car.

“Ugh, I don’t want to drive.” Luke said tiredly.

“I’ll drive.” Antonio offered.

My eyes widen. I was at the front.

“Good.” Luke said getting out and Antonio too. I sat straighter and looked out the window. Luke went behind me and he looked sleepy. He put his head back and he and Lora were asleep before we were out of the parking lot. Lora used her giant ass panda as a pillow.

The radio played softly in the background it was Weezer’s new song ‘(If You’re Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To’.

An hour later I shifted again since my butt was hurting.

“I’m sorry.” Antonio spoke.

I looked at him and he was glancing at me at the same time.

“What for?” I asked pretending to not care.

“You know what, Eddy. I swear I was going to give you the panda… but Lora looked so horrified after the ride I thought it would make her happy.”

“And the kiss?” I was acting like a jealous girlfriend. This is insane!

He bit his bottom lip. “She kissed me and… it would’ve been rude of me not to kiss her back.”

God, my Aunt was right. Only a womanizer would say that.

“Whatever. You’re free to do whatever you want. You don’t need to apologize to me.”

“Edd--”

“Shh.” I said and shifted so I pretended to go to sleep. I was mad at him. I was mostly mad at myself for caring so much.

We got to Luke and Lora’s and they went to their house. Antonio and I would walk to our place. We walked in silence. My feet were killing me. I stopped at his house.

“I’m walking you home.” He said.

“It’s only a couple of houses away, I’ll be fine.” I said but he didn’t listen and followed me. I didn’t say anything.

We were outside the porch of the house when I turned to him.

“Thanks.” I said and I turned but he stopped me by grabbing my arm he pulled me close to him. My hands on his chest was the only space between us. I stared at his chest so I wouldn’t be tempted to kiss him. Jesus, he smelled so good. My heart was pounding, or was it his? Both of our hearts were pounding hard and in the silence of the night it was the only thing I could hear.

“Look at me, Edalene.” He said using my full name.

I shook my head lightly. His two fingers went under my chin. His eyes were so blue, I couldn’t look away. I knew he was leaning in closing the space but I didn’t move an inch. I stayed there and waited for his lips to meet mine.

“Edalene.” A deep familiar voice said.

I jumped away from Antonio and looked to see Sterling with his narrowed eyes looking at the scene before him.