Status: Finished.

I Don't Like Your Boyfriend

Thumb War

“One, two, three, four I declare a thumb war.” Luke and I were waiting in the auditorium for our names to be called so we could perform our dance but we got bored since we seemed to be last on the list and after stretching and warming up we decided to kill time.

His thumb tried to trick me by ‘giving up’ but then he surprised me and I squealed when he almost got me. Times like these I was thankful to have such a great friend, with Luke I could be much more comfortable since I’ve known him all of my life.

“One, two, three, four, five!” I said quickly after I captured his thumb and I squealed in happiness. “I am the winner!”

“Yeah, we’ll see about that.” Luke said and before we could start our game again our names were called.

We ran to the stage and gave the CD to the tech guy. Luke and I took our position and I nodded towards the tech guy to start the music. The piano started and we started to move as well.

“There's some things we don't talk about Rather do without And just hold the smile Falling in and out of love Ashamed and proud of But together all the while…”

The song went on and we continued to dance as we practiced for days before. Each lift and each twist was perfect. I was lucky I was so small and that Luke was stronger than he looked. I started to get into the song since I loved it so much.

“Why we don't know when Time, time, time again Younger now than we were before…” I just liked the part where it said. “Don’t let me go.” Over and over again because that’s how I felt about Sterling, I didn’t want him to let me go ever and not in a psycho way but in a way where I knew I would fall apart if we broke up.

We did the turns my Aunt Grace suggested us to do and I heard some Ooh’s from the class. By the end of the song Luke and I were really close to each other. His brown orbs were soft and there was so much love in them. I smiled and the applauses woke us up. We turned to the class and bowed. I was breathing a little fast the dance took a lot out of me.

We go back down with Lora and Antonio.

“That was so beautiful, you guys.” Lora said hugging me.

“Thanks.” I said breathless from the dance. “But I can’t wait to see what you and Antonio do for Hip pop in two weeks.”

Lora smiled. “I already have something in mind and we’re starting tomorrow, right Antonio?”

I turned to Antonio and he looked away from me and to Lora, he had been looking at me. I couldn’t help but smile.

“Yeah, I bet we’re going to beat you guys.”

“Ha!” I said. “It is known that I am hip!” I said and crossed my arms and leaned back a little with a pout on my lips trying to be cool.

Luke and Lora scoffed.

“What? I am!” I smirked.

My next class was with Sterling Psychology. We walked inside and he asked me how was dance class. I smiled widely.

“Good, Luke and I got first place.”

“I knew you would. You’re so graceful on the dance floor.”

“Kiss ass.” I muttered as we took our seats beside each other. The only thing wrong with this class was Cruella. She had it as well as TA. She used to send death glare at us but now she just ignores us for the sake of her sanity.

We started the class and the teacher asked about our dream journal. Sterling was informed about it from me so he knew what the teacher was talking about.

“Anyone want to share their dream?” The teacher asked and as expected no one raised their hand. “Ms. Torch?” He said my last name.

I looked up and smiled weakly. “Not really.”

“Why not?” The teacher raised an eyebrow.

“Because I’ve had the same dream for a while now.” I said thinking about the car accident.

His eyes widen in understanding and asks another student. Sterling leaned in to whisper.

“The nightmares are back?” I nodded and he rubbed my hand gently.

We didn’t speak since we had to take notes about the brain and whatnot. I hated the science behind psychology since I didn’t pay attention in Anatomy. After school Sterling and I went to the park as we always did.

We went to the swings and he started to push me. I laughed as he made me go higher and higher, suddenly he stopped me and lifted my chin and kissed me deeply. I thought back to the day I met Sterling.

[Four Years Ago]

I was still sensitive about my parents death, heck, it had been only three months since their death and I was back in school and Cruella didn’t miss the chance to start calling me Orphan. I was in eighth grade and kids were down right mean they followed Cruella’s suit and chanted Orphan over and over.

I fled from the cafeteria and hid in the janitor’s closet. I sank to the floor and brought my knees to my chest and I cried. I cried for what seemed forever. I missed Coraline, she was the one who defended me from everyone and I missed my parents. I missed them so much.

I cried until my heart hurt worse than it already did. The janitor’s door opened and I gasped thinking it was a teacher but it was a boy. He had brown hair with soft brown eyes. He got inside of the janitor’s closet and closed the door behind him. I knew he was from a rich family because his clothes looked so nice.

“Why are you here?” He asked.

I sniffed. “Who are you?” I asked as I stood up and wiped away the tears. He seemed taken back by my bluntness but yet he smiled at me.

He extended his hand. “Sterling Vladimir Leister.” His smile was perfect, his voice was already deep. “And you are?”

“Eddy.” I said taking his hand lightly and shook it.

He scrunches his forehead. “Eddy? Isn’t that a boy’s name?”

“It’s Edalene but I don’t like it… it’s not me.”

“Yet, it’s a beautiful name.” He said.

I furrowed my eyebrows. “You talk weird.” I said crossing my arms. “You’re that rich family that moved here during the summer?”

He nods. “Yes. Would you happen to where Woodshop is at?”

I checked my Rugrats watch. “I should be there too.” He takes my wrist and looks at the watch.

“Where did you get it?” He asked.

I took my wrist back with a blush on my cheeks. “Burger King, sorry I can’t afford a Rolex.”

“I didn’t mean to insult you, I like it.”

That surprised me and I thought he and I were going to be pretty good friends. That was until a few weeks later he started going out with Cruella and we lost all kinds of contact until Junior year in high school where we had almost every class together and we seemed to be partnered together for all of the classes.


Sterling drops me off at my aunt’s shop but not before kissing goodbye.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” He pecked my lips and I got out of the car.

I was on cloud nine as I skipped towards the shop. I stopped as I saw the van and Antonio was inside with a death glare on me. I stopped skipping and smiling like a fool and ran inside the shop. My aunt told me to get a dozen red roses for the guy who walked in just after me. I went to the back of the shop and started cutting the red roses. I took off the thorns and placed them in the long box.

After I did another eleven I wrapped it up and went to the front of the shop and charged the guy. He paid and went out with the box under his arm. I turned around and saw a chest in front of me. I looked up and saw Antonio.

“Hey there,” I said.

“Hey yourself.” He said moving aside, good I started to breathe better. “How are you doing?”

“Good.”

“Hey, you wouldn’t mind if I asked Lora on a date, would you?”

I narrowed my eyes a little at him but then recovered and put on a big smile. “Of course not. She’s been dying to go out with you. That’ll make her very happy.”

He smiles. “Will it make you happy?”

“Ecstatic, we could double date!” I said just so that he wouldn’t know it would be awkward if we ever did.

“We will, but on the first date… the first date I want it to be special.” He started to walk away and I glared at his back and when he started to turn around I smiled. “Oh, and I want my Poison shirt back, please… clean.”

I forced a smile. “Of course.” I waited for him to be at the back of the store. “Asshole.”

“I heard that!” He said and I shrugged.

“Good!”
♠ ♠ ♠
comment/subscribe:D