Status: Finished.

I Don't Like Your Boyfriend

Don't Trust Me

“Thy bosom is endeared with all hearts, Which I by lacking have supposed dead, And there reigns love and all love's loving parts, And all those friends which I thought buried. How many a holy and obsequious tear Hath dear religious love stol'n from mine eye As interest of the dead, which now appear But things removed that hidden in thee lie! Thou art the grave where buried love doth live, Hung with the trophies of my lovers gone, Who all their parts of me to thee did give; That due of many now is thine alone: Their images I loved I view in thee, And thou, all they, hast all the all of me.” Sterling finished reciting the Sonnet really beautifully.

It was lunch time the next day and Antonio had already asked Lora out and they were cuddling together. Luke and Sterling were helping me with this Shakespeare thing.

“What do you think he’s saying?” Luke asked.

I groaned. “I don’t know… something about a girl?”

“Not exactly.” Sterling said.

“Then why did he said ‘bosom’? Isn’t that breasts?” I asked them.

Luke gave me a small smile. “I love her bluntness.”

“Indeed.” Sterling said using his big words.

“You know you love me.” I smiled widely for them.

They roll their eyes and Sterling kisses my cheek. “So adorable.”

The bell rang and I was so thankful.

“I’m still going over to your house so we can finish this.” Luke said.

I groaned again. “Fine.” I gritted my teeth. I said goodbye to Sterling with a deep kiss. After our kiss I went to Luke and we walked to class. I didn’t want to see Antonio and Lora kiss but I heard their noises behind Luke and I.

Lora and I went to the girl’s locker to change. She started babbling about how good Antonio was at kissing, how they were soft and she could kiss him forever if she could. I sucked it up because I was once like her when I first started dating Sterling.

We walked into the dance studio and everyone was talking about what song they were going to get or hoped to get. Luke and I started talking about the Shakespeare, he recited the sonnet by memory, no wonder he’s a straight A student, he remembers practically everything.

“Ed and Luke.” The teacher called with a bowl in her hands. There were strips inside of the bowl with the name of the song.

It was Luke’s turn to chose. He put his hand in while looking the other way and took out one.

“Toxic by Britney Spears.” Luke said. “That should be fun.” He wasn’t a fan of hip pop.

“Hey, there’s so many things we could do with it.” I said trying to be encouraging.

He sighed.

“I guess.”

It so happens I had the song but it was A Static Lullaby cover.

“Can we use a cover?” I asked the teacher.

“No, it was to be from the artist, sorry. Now get to work.”

I turned to Luke. “Well, we’ll have to start tomorrow cause I don’t have the song in my I-pod.”

“I do.” Antonio said taking his out.

I raised an eyebrow. “You have Britney Spears in your I-Pod.”

“Well you have that lame 30H3 band.” He retorted back.

“Hey, ‘Don’t Trust Me’ is a catchy song.”

He shrugs. “So is Toxic.”

Luke took the I-Pod. “Thanks.”

“No problem.” Antonio said.

Luke and I walked over to our I-Stereo and listened to the song.

By the end of class we had the beginning done but we still needed a middle and an end. In Psychology we took notes.

By the end of the school I was dead beat. Sterling and I went to the park again but this time we just laid in the grass and held hands, corny but that was our style. We looked at clouds and made out weird things like cars with dog tails or monster trucks running over an old lady as Sterling saw.

We both turned to our sides so we could look each other in the eyes. His fingers caressed my face.

“I’m not losing you, am I?” He asked.

I furrowed my eyebrows.

“No, why would you say that?”

“I see the way Antonio looks at you.”

My body froze for a second. “It doesn’t matter. I don’t feel the same way.”

He stare into my eyes. “Are you sure? I wouldn’t stand in the way of your happiness if he makes you happy.”

I assured him with a kiss that held all of my love for him. He wrapped his arm around me and brought me closer when I pulled out our faces were inches away.

“I love you, Sterling and you’re not losing me.”

That seemed to make him happy. Once again he drops me off of at the shop since I had a couple of singing grams. Antonio and I remained quiet in the van and just let the radio on. We stopped at the first house.

“Every time is see your smile it makes my heart beat fast I know it’s much too soon to tell I’m hoping this will last cause I just always want to have you right here by my side the future is near but never certain at least stay here for just tonight I must’ve done something right to deserve you in my life I must’ve done something right along the way. I just can’t get you off my mind and why would I even try even when I close my eyes I dream about you all the time cause I just always want to have you right here by my side the future is near but never certain at least stay here for just tonight I must’ve done something right to deserve you in my life I must’ve done something right along the way. And even if the moon fell tonight…” It was a beautiful song by Chase Coy.

The girl was ecstatic and squealed in happiness. She thanked us and we went to other houses. By the time I was done it was time to go home since I had my bag with me Antonio dropped me off at the house.

Luke was already in my room when I got there. I smiled as we started to get to work.

“This is lame!” I groaned.

“This is a beautiful sonnet, Ed.” Luke said.

“But I have no idea what he is saying!”

“That’s the beauty of it. There’s so many meanings to this and depending on the person each one has a different point of view on what it’s saying.”

“How are you so smart?” I smiled at him.

“Well, by not having a life or a girlfriend.”

“Remember when you used to like Havel?” I chuckled.

“I was five.” He argued.

“So? It was so cute how you used to follow her around.”

“Stop with the torture. You’re supposed to be my friend.”

I looked at the time. “Dinner’s going to be soon. Do you wanna stay?”

“Nah, gotta get home and finish my English paper.” We got up from the floor. I led him to the front door and he got inside of his car and drove away. I went back upstairs and I saw that in my pile of laundry there was Antonio’s Poison shirt. I decided to take it over to him. I told my Aunt I was going out and I headed down towards his house.

Once I was there I became a little nervous. I shook off the feeling and walked up to the door. I knocked light and it opened a couple of seconds later. Joseph answered.

“Hey,” He smirked, “come to see me?”

I laughed. “Not likely, hot stuff, I came to drop this off.” I gesture to the shirt.

“He’s in the shower.” Jean said.

“Who is it?” A female voice said. A woman appeared behind the two teenagers. She looked a little like Antonio. It was his mother.

“It’s Eddy! Antonio’s girlfriend.” Jean smirked.

I blushed deeply. “I’m not--”

“Oh, how lovely to finally meet you. He’s been talking about you since day one. Come in, come in.”

Before I could say anything they were pulling me in. His mom looked put her hands on my shoulders to take a good look at me. Her lips formed a smile.

“You’re as pretty as he said. You should stay for dinner.”

“Oh, I couldn’t--”

“Please, I insist.” His mom said.

I bit my lower lip. I was going to regret this.

“All right.”