Status: Finished.

I Don't Like Your Boyfriend

Billy Bob Space Monkey

“Class, welcome Antonio Wessington who just moved from New York.”

I looked at the class and found all of the girls looking at him as though he was some sort of God, sort of like they looked at Sterling before.

I started to play with my hair as the teacher continued to talk how it was good to do good deeds. Blah, blah, blah.

“Thank you, Ms. Torch.”

I heard my last name and I looked up from the floor to the teacher and straighten up a little.

“What?” I asked.

He was grinning, that was never good news for me.

“Thank you for volunteering to be Mr. Wessington’s tour guide of the school.”

“I didn’t raise my hand.” I told him.

He shrugged. “You seem perfect for the job. I’m sure you can show him to the principal’s office with your eyes closed.”

Okay, so I did get a lot of detention but it’s because I talked back a lot or I have ‘a smart mouth’--psh. It wasn’t because I cursed at the teachers or threw trash cans.

Anyways, the class giggled at his comment and then went back to teaching. I didn’t took notes because I was too pissed. I just doodled around the notebook. I named my Space Monkey Billy Bob. He was a cowboy from Texas that became the first Monkey to go to space without being an experiment.

When the bell rang it was time for Nutrition which was a ten minute break between second and third period.

The class gathered their things and I waited for Antonio to finish packing. Luke and Lora told me they were going to see me at lunch since our next two classes weren’t together.

Antonio, it really suited him.

“I like your Space Money Billy Bob.” He said breaking me from my thoughts.

I smiled. “Really?”

“Of course, very nice work.” He winked.

I laughed. “I know I’m no Picasso but I can make some nice stickmen.”

He laughs. It was a nice laugh.

We walked out of anatomy and out to the hall of students.

“Okay, the cafeteria is down there,” I pointed. “And then make a left and there it is. If you take a right it will be the gym. Most of our classes are on the third floor since we’re seniors. But Government and Anatomy is always on the first floor. Don’t ask me why.”

I gave him the tour in six minutes. I explained where the detention was and he made a joke about me spending most of my time there. I couldn’t tell him he was wrong or a liar because… it was true.

The bell rang for third period. I checked his schedule and we had Drawing and Painting 1-2 together. We walked in silence to the class room. He was a nice guy so far.

He was seated at the same table I was but not next to me.

“Hey, Eddie.” Roza--that’s spelled correctly because it’s on her birth certificate--told me as she sat down next to me.

“Oh, hey, Roza.” I smiled at her.

Her eyes fell on Antonio who was looking at our direction. She smirked and he looked away. She leaned in towards my ear and whispered.

“He was staring at you.” She giggled.

I leaned away and shook my head and she nodded hers vigorously. I shrugged.

“I have a boyfriend.” I said.

“I know.” She said with a sly smile. “But what Sterling doesn’t know won’t hurt him.” She winked.

That was Roza, she could never be tied down to a single man.

I shook my head and giggled.

Class went by pretty fast. My next class was English. I had it alone this time. Antonio had Philosophy along with Sterling, even got the same teacher. Since I was taking dance with Luke and Lora it was considered PE. I wasn’t built to run which is what they mostly did in PE so I convinced my counselor to give dance to me.

Well, in English we were going to study very thorough Shakespeare’s work. Not Romeo and Juliet but his sonnet and his other works like Antony and Cleopatra and Othello.

I knew I was going to ask Luke for help because I could never understand his work. I was half asleep by the end of class. I walked to the cafeteria like a zombie. I got my lunch and walked over to the usual table. I was always the first one to get there.

I yawned as I took out the pickles and onions from the burger I got.

“The pickles are the best part of the burger.” Someone sat in front of me.

Antonio reached over to my tray and took the pickles from the side and ate them. I furrowed my eyebrows.

“What?” He asked. “I assume you don’t like pickles since you put them aside.”

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“What’s wrong?” He asked.

“Shouldn’t you be over there with Cruella and the others.” I pointed to the table across the room where Cruella was eating a salad. Well she was picking it with her fork.

“No.” He said simply and he took his burger and started eating. “You know what’s really weird?” He said with a mouth full.

I laughed when a little piece of the burger fell on my tray. He looked at me as though I was crazy.

“What’s weird?” I said remembered his question.

“I don’t know your name.”

I chuckled. “You do, it’s Eddie.”

He narrowed his eyes. “That’s a nickname.”

“Same difference.” I shrugged.

“Nah-huh, man. C’mon tell me your name.”

“Why do you want to know?”

“Because I know it must be beautiful.” He told me.

“It’s not that special.”

“I’m sure it’s better than Cruella.” We laughed together.

Before I answered him Luke and Lora took seats next to me. Luke to my right and Lora to my left. Lora was red from the face.

“Oh, hey guys,” I said.

“You have really nice eyes.” Lora blurted out.

Luke and I looked at her and Antonio chuckled.

“Thank you…” He indicated her to tell him her name.

“Lora… Lora Armstrong.” She said quickly.

“That’s a pretty name.” He smirked.

She blushed deeper. “Th-thanks.”

“This is Luke.” I said. It was a bit obvious I was trying to get back his attention and I felt so pathetic. “They’re fraternal twins.”

“Wow, cool.” He nodded.

My phone started buzzing. I took it from my pocket and a stupid smile washed over my lips.

“Oh great… it’s Sterling.” Luke said with a fake cheery tone.

I stuck out my tongue before getting up and walked a few steps away from them to get a little privacy.

I finally answered.

“Hello.” I said.

I felt the butterflies and the nerves. Even on the phone he made me feel so girly.

“Good afternoon gorgeous.” His deep voice was soothing to me. “What are you doing?”

“Not much, having lunch.” I said.

“Me too.” He said.

“Oh, what are you having?” I asked.

“Steak.”

“Sounds good.” I said and he chuckles.

“Right, I miss you.”

“So do I.” I told him.

“But I’ll be back Monday and then we can make up for the time lost.”

I knew the second meaning behind that. Yes, Sterling and I were sexually active but we used protection. My aunt got me birth control pills and we always used condoms… most of the time, but nothing has happened so it’s all right.

“The guys and me are going to Six Flags on Sunday.”

We talked for the rest of lunch. When I hung up, I saw Antonio staring at me and for a second it was with jealousy, but then I blinked and he was smiling at Lora.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for the comments :)